worst ride at disney (in your opinion)

it398 said:
Please dont take this the wrong way, as it is probably because i'm english but i'd say the worst attraction is American Adventure / Hall of presidents. its been years since i last saw these shows and i was only about 14 / 15. but i remeber my sister falling asleep in the chair next to me. we have a great photo of her. hehe.
still to me its a pretty boring show, but i guess disney is going for the historic / patriotic ideas.

It's allright, I 'm from Arkansas and it puts me to sleep, too. :eek: The seats are cozy, the lights are dim, and I'm usually run ragged by the time we get all the way around to American Adventure.

But my vote for the worst would have to be the Tomorrowland Speedway. I will admit freely that I have never been on it, or even in the queue, but I make a point to ride everything, except for Tomorrowland Speedway. It looks like such a waste of time unless you are a twelve year old. I have met a couple of people who had their first driving experience there, so maybe it serves some sort of purpose, but not for me.

KrazyKemp

Myself and a few others were sorely dissapointed by Test Track, the vacation planning videos and planning guides all built it up to be this huge ride.

Basically, it's just like riding in a convertable...on the interstate...with the top down.

Journey into Imagination with Figment is right up there too...

mdisney

icorsix said:
Let me clarify my initial response...I agree that the safari ride is cheesy BECAUSE of all the poacher spiel. Otherwise, I love the safari ride A LOT! Sorry to anger you. Better yet, sorry you are so easily angered.
its not the reason for the poacher spiel is, because it is happening in real life and people should be aware of it. It was more of a rant than anything else

PintoColvig

mdisney said:
its not the reason for the poacher spiel is, because it is happening in real life and people should be aware of it. It was more of a rant than anything else

Based on your above statement, I'm not sure if you are upset with the guy who doesn't like the ride (since you previously stated that a person shouldn't ride something he or she doesn't like) or if you are upset because I don't like the inclusion of a poaching storyline.

I don't like the poaching spiel because having ridden it several times, it gets annoying after awhile. While I agree that people should be aware of poaching, I would dare say that a great majority of the people who ride the safari are not nor never will be poachers (my opinion, of course). For me, the safari is one of Disney's most immersive experiences. I really feel like I'm in Africa. But, every time I pass the end scene with Little Red, I am reminded that I am not on a real safari and that this is indeed a Disney attraction. I feel a much better approach would be for there to be an interactive exhibit on poaching FOLLOWING the safari. It would also tell someone like me what to DO to help end the poaching problem. As it stands now, we are made aware of the problem but not challenged how to respond. I know that this isn't the point of this thread, but there you go.

daverube

mdisney said:
It helps with the message of the land, because each land has a message at DAK. Also I have even a better idea if you don't like the ride never ride it again. Plain and simple folks, because not all rides are made just for you. They put into account that people are different. Im sorry to get angry, but the safari is not that bad of a ride.

The title of this thread is "worst ride at disney" (in your opinion).

As this was a question concerning my opinion, I gave my opinion. I don't need to be patronized because you don't like my opinion. Deal with it....or start a thread entitled "Why I don't like dave's opinion." I'm sure that will get a lot of feedback. :rolleyes:

Until then, have fun and try to enjoy life.

octoberbarry

ryguy said:
By far the worst attraction in all of Walt Disney World is: The Enchanted Tiki Room, it is 10 minutes of pure hell. They really butchered this one it used to be alright, they don't even play the whole Tiki room song which everybody likes!! By the way its my first post!! Love the website.
RyGuy

I'm with YOU on this one. Many of the other rides mentioned are a bit lame perhaps, but the sheer downhill CRASH this one took makes it the worst for me.

Disneyfanman

Stitch Stitch Stitch. Other smaller or lesser attractions at least have some thought in them. I sat there wondering who got fired. Universally hated by my entire family, ages 6-44. Cast of 8. Yuck bad stupid and inept.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
kiawahman said:
I'll bet the ride would not have been that bad back in the early 80's. But it just looks extreemly outdated now. I say keep the boat ride and update the attraction.
Actually - we made fun of the ride in the 80's. We also made fun of Its a Small World. We were a pack of 7 teenage boys with off season passes, so I'm sure that at least partly explains the dynamic. I think that part of the let down of the ride is the sweetness of the interior of the Mexcio pavillion. You see the volcano, etc. and that's the best part. Plus, we kind of felt like it was vaguely racist. One of my friends once commented after getting off - "They should rename this "Why Mexico will Never be a World Power.""

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom