Worst meal on Disney property?

BeachClub

Ok, let me play the devils :fork: advocate.....we all come on these boards praising everything Disney. (Eisner excluded-wrong thread)...:D
Now, lets see if we can finagle some answers for this question.

Where have you had the WORST meal on Disney property? And why.

:hurl:

madalex

Originally posted by Lilo
Fess Parker makes a great Syrah (red) and for white their Zinfadel is great.

:D [/B]

Fess Parker Winery does make a nice syrah, but zinfandel is a red wine (unless you are thinking of white zinfandel, but the Fess Parker Winery web site does not show that they make such a wine).

Upvote 0

Lilo

Originally posted by madalex
Fess Parker Winery does make a nice syrah, but zinfandel is a red wine (unless you are thinking of white zinfandel, but the Fess Parker Winery web site does not show that they make such a wine).

You're right, maybe I'm thinking of their Reisling. See after a few glasses (bottles) I get kinda confused:veryconfu

I was really surprised at the quailty. Now I'm not a red wine person but their Syrah makes me a believer. I wish I could visit their Winery & Spa in CA. Oops -- gotta get back to work.:hammer:

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by Lilo
Barnum if you are old enough, check out Fess Parker wines. We even had our local wine merchant stock some for us because they wouldn't send it to us in New York. Fess Parker makes a great Syrah (red) and for white their Zinfadel is great. They serve these wines at the Yachtsman (at least they did 2 years ago). Hmmm I feel the need for a nice glass of wine while I check out the rest of the posts.

:D

Thanks for the suggestion - I am more than old enough, but I'm one of those weird folk who do not drink. I don't like booze so stick with the soft drinks.

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

We had two bad meals this past winter:
#1 at the Plaza Restaurant in MK-- the mandarin chicken salad or whatever is aweful and overpriced, however their apple pie is to die for!!!
#2 at the San Angel Inn--the food was tasty, but the portions were SO tiny. We ordered queso to share and it was only enough for 1 person, as an appetizer! And on top of that it was like $10 for the queso. I ordered a chocolate chimichanga (I think) and it was smaller than a Little Debbie snack. The chips and salsa were good, but I was not impressed with the portions for the price we paid. We mainly went for the atmosphere, but we probably won't go back! For the same price we can go to Boma and come out full. Mmmm...zebra domes...

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

I've given up reading these opinions! I thought they would help me choose my selections but now I'm more confused than ever! :hammer:
I'm sure we'll hit and miss with our selections which vary from cheap lunchs to special dinners (= $$$). The two that I will make a point of PS'ing is Pecos and Biergarten for a meal at some point in the week. I think everybody said they were winners.

cheers

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by mepoor
The two that I will make a point of PS'ing is Pecos and Biergarten for a meal at some point in the week. I think everybody said they were winners.

Pecos Bills is counter service. No PS required.

Though I'm one who has posted that it's nothing special. If you like bland McDonalds burgers (which I don't) then you will like Pecos Bills (which I didn't). I could not say I hated it by a long shot, it's just that there are far better places to tingle the taste buds at Disney.

Upvote 0

jriddle

Hey guess what?!!!! I forwarded this thread & our experience to Disney World. I got a phone call today from Disney apologizing for the service we had. They were forwarding this to Epcot management & Al Fredos in particular. Guess they DO read their emails. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

For me the worst meal on Disney Property is the last meal of our trip! ;)

Favorite is Germany (can't wait til June)

Haven't really had a bad experience with the food, did have a bad server at Liberty Tree, but that won't stop me from going back in June.

Upvote 0

Huggups

Oh Boy! I can think of two right off the bat. First, is the Yacht Club Galley. Went there last May for lunch. Ordered the NE clam chowdah & a Caesar Salad. It was probably the worst clam chowdah I ever had. Tasteless!:eek: I'm a tough critic coming from New England but man was it bad! The salad was passable at best.

The other bad dining experience would have to be Alfredo's in Italy at Epcot. One of the worst and most overpriced meals I've ever had at WDW! I think it was pesto???? Couldn't tell by eating it! :confused:

Other than those two I've been pretty well satsified (to say the least) with WDW dining.:slurp:

Upvote 0

DisneyJunkie

I'd have to say that ANYTHING offered at the ABC Commissary in the Disney-MGM Studios park would be considered putrid, nasty slop. The food there is disgusting and you couldn't pay me to eat there again.

Upvote 0

dae_woods

I'd say the worst would have to be at Fulton's downtown Disney. I got a crab sandwich which souded great but ended up not so hot. My brother's burger ended up being tiny and burnt to a crisp. I kept telling him, what do you expect from a seafood joint?:hammer:

Upvote 0

Fizban257

On our honeymoon we tried Restaurant Marakesh in the Morrocan pavilion at Epcot. We both got the sampler meals as we'd never had Morrocan food before and wanted to expand our horizons. We each tried everything we ordered, but really didn't like it very much and wound up getting a pizza from room service when we got back. The desert was ground beef covered in confectioners sugar and all I could think of was Ross's line from the episode of Friends where Rachel mixes the recipes for Triffle and Shepherd's Pie: "It tastes like feet!"

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Wasn't a fan...

Of Alfredo's at Epcot. I could've gotten the same at any Olive Garden. And it wasn't specifically BAD, but Coral Reef was so overpriced my waiter would've had to have been a scantily-clad serving boy to make it worth it. :)

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

The funny thing to me about this thread is that if you string it all together, at least one person has cast a vote for what is probably someone else's all time favorite restaurant.

Upvote 0

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Coral Reef!

The atmosphere at Coral Reef cannot be beat, and our waiter was top notch. But the food was overpriced and horrible.

My son ordered the shrimp and noodles. He got 4 shrimp and about 20 noodles. I ordered the stuffed pepper. It was so horrible I had to order a glass of wine so I would not freak out (LOL). It was one red pepper stuffed with about 2 tablespoons of rice and meat on top of (what I think) was part of a huge mushroom. I ate it all, except for the mushroom part. Then we had to leave and go to World Showcase to get something to fill us up. Oh, I forgot to mention, the stuffed pepper was $18.00! Now a meal for $18 is not bad, but I mean this was ONE small pepper. There were no side dishes at all!

I won't go back because it was a joke of enormous proportions. But my son is begging me because watching the fish and divers really excited him. We got a table right by the tank. I agree, it was absolutely beautiful.

Christina (Just back 2 days and hating life!)

Upvote 0

cloudboy

To be honest, I have never been terribly impressed with the food quality at Disney. I go there for the ambience/Themeing and the service, which I have to say I have always been impressed with. As far as the actual meals go, this is Disney - overpriced and small portions. If you expect anything more than you should be looking for something far away from a theme park. I just wish they would focus more on running just one restaurant at a time, than trying to mass produce food.

Having said that, I can't say that I have had any bad food at any sit down place inside Disney. Things I may not have liked, but that is my own personal taste.

Fast food on the other hand, is terrible. I hate their pizza - pure tomato puree on cardboard. And their burgers are disgusting!

Oh, there was a comment way back about the ethnic food - in my experience much of the food at Epcot is really pretty bland and "recreated" to american tastes. I can't imagine anyone finding it too "ethnic". And when are they going to open a good Indian restaurant?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom