Worst meal on Disney property?

BeachClub

Ok, let me play the devils :fork: advocate.....we all come on these boards praising everything Disney. (Eisner excluded-wrong thread)...:D
Now, lets see if we can finagle some answers for this question.

Where have you had the WORST meal on Disney property? And why.

:hurl:

awallaceunc

The pizza at Pizza Planet Arcade is horrible, and the service (even for a counter service join) is miserably slow, there was a rude CM when I was there, and the theming inside is way less than I had expected. That's pretty much by only bad WDW dining experience.

-Aaron

Upvote 0

TC23

My only bad expierence occured at Rose and Crown. The service was lousy and I will never go back. My favorite dining experience by far is The Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. My wife and I will celebrate our anniverary for the 3rd straight year there this weekend.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Re: ? Boma

Originally posted by Disneygrl36
Off the bad food subject......I've heard great things about the buffet at Boma. Is it worth the extra time it takes to travel resort to resort?
YES! :D

Get Priority Seating. If you are early take a stroll around the hotel, it is magnificent, both inside and out. If you are on time, walk off some of the food by exploring the hotel and grounds.

Last trip I twice went to Boma and three times to Mara (the counter service place where they do a stunning African Stew)

Upvote 0

Mine was in the Caribbean Beach Resort food court on Mother's Day weekend. It was so crowded we had to wait for a table! It was noisy and congested and since it's not set up for everyone to pay at once I had to be present at each place to pay for separate meals. Having stayed there once a few years before this happened I wasn't very impressed by the resort itself, but it was the bad experience at the food court that made me vow never to go back there again.

The worst piece of food on Disney property have to be the time we found a metal piece of a machine in our milkshake in Downtown Disney, but that turned out fine since nobody got hurt and they gave us our money back.

Upvote 0

Off the bad food subject......I've heard great things about the buffet at Boma. Is it worth the extra time it takes to travel resort to resort?

The Boma is great! My wife's favorite place to eat in WDW. Personally I am not a big fan of the dinner there. While the desserts are awesome the food itself has some sort of flavor to it I don't care much for but it's still good and worth the price. I love the breakfast buffet at The Boma. That is one of the best breakfasts in the park (And I LOVE, yes L-O-V-E the juice they serve with it. MmmmMMMMmmmm! :))

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by TC23
My favorite dining experience by far is The Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. My wife and I will celebrate our anniverary for the 3rd straight year there this weekend.

Hey, same here. We did FF for the first time last year, loved it. So we are going back this year too. When I asked my wife where she wanted to eat on our anniverary, it was the Fish, hands down. I think she said it so fast, I never did get to finish the question I was asking. :lol:

Upvote 0

MotoDisney

It's worht just going to check out he hotel. Before or after you go to dinner you can go out the back of the hotel onto a long walkway that puts you in the middle of the savannah/animals. It's quite a site and really nice resort if you haven't seen it yet.

Now the food at Boma's is excellent and my wife and I go there every visit. It's a casual buffet but very classy at the same time. The food has always been great and almost anyone can find something to eat. You should check it out if you have time. A cab may be a good option to get there and back quicker.

Upvote 0

Nicole

Worst dining experiences were the Luau (my dh is Hawaiian and we know luau food) though now that I think about it, it was mostly because of our cranky server who was miffed we didn't tip her 20% of the whole dinner/show amount - even though none of us got drink refills the whole meal. That was back in '97.

Had a not-good sandwich at Sci-Fi but the waitress was very nice and took it off my tab.

Loved Le Cellier when we ate there in '97, but not in '03, the food was more "haute cuisine" and we were looking forward to hearty. Plus our server was condescending and rushed us.

Liked the food at 'Ohana but waited 55 minutes for our PS. And again - the Hawaiian thing - it was annoying to have people calling us "cousin".

Best food (last time) was the dinner buffet at Hollywood & Vine, what a pleasant surprise! And the food and service at Liberty Tree Tavern, our server was so great I wrote to Al Weiss to commend her.

Hmmm...where to eat next time...it's time for me to start making those PS arrangements...

Upvote 0

Frees Fan

For the money, I would say my worst meal was at L'Originale Alfredo di Roma at Italy in EPCOT. It cost nearly $100 for two of us to eat and the food was marginal at best. They gave us the wrong menu to start with (it was from Fall 2003), once we decided what we wanted and they gave us the new Spring 2004 menu, none of the selections were on there and of course it was a lot more expensive. I LOVE Italian food but, I'll not eat there again unless someone else is paying the bill.

:brick:

Upvote 0

Mr Smee

I would have to say my worst meal was at the Rainforest in AK
The most disapointing meal was in Tony's Town Square, the food used to be so good and was always a must every time we went, now I dont think we will ever try them again.

Upvote 0

BalooChicago

Patti and I went to Disney to celebrate our "Inversary" this year (We're getting married May 05)... To celebrate we went to California Grill... We were seated in the fishtank overlooking bay lake (Small room with glass on 3 sides) the glass caused the sound to echo and the table across from us was loud and abnoxious... The waitress never checked to see if we received all of our food (They never brought our appetizer), and made herself pretty scarse... At least they didn't have it on the bill. The food was ok, but not spectacular (Except for the asparagus)... It was a disappointment to say the least. One of the best meals I have ever had was in AK this trip... It wasn't fancy, but it was really good, in decent portions, and was not overpriced.

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

L'Originale Alfredo of Rome hands down. I even went back after the first bad experience because a friend, who is Italian, wanted to try it out. Thought I'd give it another try...just awefull. For a place with alfredo in it's name, you'd think at least that dish would be good. Its actually the worst, most bland alfredo sauce I've ever tasted. Even salt couldn't help it out. I don't know how it stays packed all the time unless unknowing families flock to a place with food that shouldn't be too hard to mess up. Service was horrible, the food was horrible, and its overpriced.I'm surprised its still in business.

Upvote 0

Disnycrazy

I would have to agree with L'Originale Alfredo to me it was the worst meal I have ever had anywhere on Disney Property. They are way to overpriced and I can get the same thing for a lower price and that tastes much better at a local Italian Restaraunt in my neighborhood. I am usually not picky but I am going to Disney in August as a whole family trip thing with about 10 of us. I have already told everyone, that if that is where they want to eat when we are in Epcot to count me and my husband out we will dine by ourselves for that night somewhere else.

Upvote 0

My wife and I were trying to decide between going to Mexico or to Italy for one of our dinners this September. After reading all of the bad reviews for L'Originale Alfredo of Rome I'd say the answer is clear. Thanks everyone for stopping me from making a costly mistake!

Upvote 0

conntom

For me the food at L'Originale Alfredo of Rome really that
bad but it was not special. You can find this Italian food
anywere to me it was just ok and I would not go back.
ON the other hand I love the food in Mexico to me it was
very good. Not all people like the samething.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

I have eaten in Mexico several times and have always enjoyed it, but my wife has never eaten there. Neither of us have eaten in Italy and we both love Italian food but it seems obvious from the amount of comments that it is overpriced and not excellent quality. We'll just stick with Tony's for our Italian fix :)

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by BalooChicago
One of the best meals I have ever had was in AK this trip... It wasn't fancy, but it was really good, in decent portions, and was not overpriced.
I like the grub at AK - which place are you refering to?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom