Worst meal on Disney property?

BeachClub

Ok, let me play the devils :fork: advocate.....we all come on these boards praising everything Disney. (Eisner excluded-wrong thread)...:D
Now, lets see if we can finagle some answers for this question.

Where have you had the WORST meal on Disney property? And why.

:hurl:

CSOM

Does anyone else think that the MK could do better by offering a choice? It seems everywhere you go it's burgers, fries, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc.

Is it too much to ask for a deli or sandwich shop?!

Upvote 0

pan11435

Magic Kingdom burger, fries, and hot dog places.

- Pecos Bills
- Pinocchio's

Magic Kingdom non burger, fries, and hot dog places.

-Columbia Harbor House
-Cosmic Rays
-Plaza pavillion
-Plaza restaurant
-Cinderella's Royal Table
-Tony's
-Liberty Tree Tavern
-Place by Pirates(open seasonaly)

As you can see MK has much more than just burgers and hot hogs. Infact it is harder to find them than anything else. You just need to look around a bit.

Upvote 0

CSOM

Cosmic Rays and Plaza Pavillion are chicken fingers/fries or pizza
Columbia Harbor House are fried fish and french fries....

Basically I guess what I was getting at is, is it too much to ask for fast food options that aren't fried?

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Originally posted by CSOM
Cosmic Rays and Plaza Pavillion are chicken fingers/fries or pizza
Columbia Harbor House are fried fish and french fries....

Basically I guess what I was getting at is, is it too much to ask for fast food options that aren't fried?

Such food is easy to make and can be created quickly! Also, the average American has a very limited palette. The average consumer likes burgers and fries and not much else! It's sad but true.:(

Personally, I haven't eaten at a counter service stand at Disney in quite some time! I perfer the sitdown experience so much better...

Upvote 0

KCat

Originally posted by The Mom
I know it would be nice to give a restaurant another try, but after dropping a good $100 (or more) for a so-so meal, many people are reluctant to risk it again.

This is so true. Especially when there are so many other places to try.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by CSOM
Does anyone else think that the MK could do better by offering a choice? It seems everywhere you go it's burgers, fries, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc.

Is it too much to ask for a deli or sandwich shop?!

I think I have said this in more than one thead. I tend to eat at counter restaurants, and if you do not want burgers or other bread related products and go off-season you have the choice of Columbia Harbour House.

And even there the chowder is serve in a bread bowl :animwink:

I tend to eat in Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Lilo

While trying to scroll through all the bad reviews, I didn't see one mention of the restaurant I thought was the worst. Atmosphere, food and price --- The Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary. UGGGGHHHH:hurl:

Enough said.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by chrisjoi
I agree with lebernadin in giving some places another shot. I have had both good and bad experiences at various restaurants in the parks and admit you dont know till it is too late. Overall the best places are within the World Showcase at Epcot and otherwise you get less than you pay for. The fast-food type places I would avoid as much as possible.

I agree. In 1996 we ate at Coral Reef. And while the atmosphere was wonderful, it was a really bad food experiance. Really bad :hurl: .

And I've been about it for years, even on this board as some may remember. But many of you guys said to give it one more chance.

So last October we did. Well, the atmostphere was even better, that have remodeled the whole place, it looks great! And the food...well it exactly what I whould have expected them to be, and that's a good thing.

We will visit that place again, so retract all the bad things I said about Coral Reef..it a good place now. :lol:

Upvote 0

Becky

Re: Re: comparision

Originally posted by imagineer99
. In fact, orginally all meals at EPCOT were created beforehand, shipped to the restaurant, and reheated and then served to the guest! :eek:

Has something changed? When I used to eat at San Angel if I ordered the Filete Ranchero I was always told it would take an hour to prepare and it always did. The wait was always worth it:D

Upvote 0

Becky

Re: Re: comparision

Originally posted by imagineer99
. In fact, orginally all meals at EPCOT were created beforehand, shipped to the restaurant, and reheated and then served to the guest! :eek:

Oops, sorry :) I missed the word orginally:eek: Slow reader and what not:eek:

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by Lilo
While trying to scroll through all the bad reviews, I didn't see one mention of the restaurant I thought was the worst. Atmosphere, food and price --- The Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary. UGGGGHHHH:hurl:

Enough said.

I've had two great steaks there and the service was top notch.

Originally posted by THX-1701
Norway,with thier cold fish and eggs,yuck:hurl: !

Hmmmm Cold Fish. I loved this place, a whole different set of cold tastes to start you off then some great hot dishes to fill you to the brim.

Upvote 0

ArielLover

Great places...

We have a few favorite places;

Cosmic Rays : (MK) Great food, and choices for counter service! (Although sometimes it is hard to find a seat during the summer months):D

Flame Tree BBQ : (AK) Great BBQ and a truly awesome fruit plate .:sohappy:

Crown & Pub Counter Service : (WS) Great fish and chips!::D

Not so favorite:

Cinderella's Royal Table : Food was ok- but we had Priority Seating and STILL waited for over an hour. Service wasn't very good, but the ambience was awesome. Wouldn't go again though - too long of a wait for ok food :(

Crystal Palace : Buffet food, very unimpressed. I ended up eating mac & cheese from the child's buffet. Wasn't worth the money:veryconfu

Upvote 0

madalex

Maya Grill, Feb 2003. Had eaten there several times before and really enjoyed the the southwest/central american themed food. This trip, however, the menu had changed to a more standard steak/ribs/chicken fare and it was not good at all! Bad cuts of meat, terrible ribs, just no good.

Happily, I was later told the previous theme was coming back, so I am hopeful things will be better when I return.

Upvote 0

Kopp8699

1st the good imo (lunch choice then dinner choice):

Magic Kingdom:

Pecos Bill - great burgers, price isnt bad, best in MK 4 lunch

Crystal Palace - all u can eat, usually decent/good food, characters so thats always a plus

Epcot:

Sunshine Seasons Food Fair (thats the name right?) - the Land's food fair is great, it has good food and food 4 every1.... was better but i still cant complain

Biergarten - WOW! great food, pretty entertaining show, all u can eat, fun

Disney's MGM Studios:

ABC Commisary - decent food, n it always seems 2 rain when we go in here... it is a nice place 2 get out of the rain..... i donno i like it lol

50's Prime Time Cafe - Great food, kinda funny with waiters/waitresses and how they react 2 things done @ dinner lol

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Restaurantosaurus - eh only place ive eaten lunch..... we leave relitivly quickly.... McDonalds

Rainforest Cafe - pretty good but 1ce again ive only been here 4 a little while..... Good atmosphere

Downtown Disney:

only 8 mcdonalds when we were here..........

Places that r pretty good:

Casey's Corner - MK

Main Street Pastry Shoppe - MK

Liberty Tree Tavern - MK

Tony's - MK

by innoventions theres a dessert place, i think its called the Fountain but not sure- EC

Outpost (rootbeer floats r great) - EC

the fruit place on sunset blvd. on the left going towards ToT (dont recall the name) - MGM

now 4 the bad :fork: :

Magic Kingdom:

nowhere is really bad 4 lunch or dinner in MK i dont think.

Epcot:

the little restaraunt in Japan that i dont recall the name - wow, unless its better than it was 5 years ago (good possibility) then i still wont eat there. It tasted very bad, none of my family enjoyed it

Nine Dragons - i wasnt impressed with this, i expected more and was dissapointed.

Disney's MGM Studios:

Toy Story Pizza Planet - good arcade, bad pizza

thats about it lol i havnt eaten newhere else that was bad

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

dont really eat here, kinda just leave after goin on a few rides, then we go 2 another park.......

My picks and pokes @ WDW

Upvote 0

Lilo

Barnum if you are old enough, check out Fess Parker wines. We even had our local wine merchant stock some for us because they wouldn't send it to us in New York. Fess Parker makes a great Syrah (red) and for white their Zinfadel is great. They serve these wines at the Yachtsman (at least they did 2 years ago). Hmmm I feel the need for a nice glass of wine while I check out the rest of the posts.

:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom