Worst dining experience

Thomas_M

I figured on this thread that some people would complain about Alfredo's.

When myself and my family went we ended up getting served like royalty there, mind you the fact that my step-dad is a bit of a stickler for trying other cuisine we ended up there (although I would have preferred Japanese myself)

My mom and step-dad being of Italian background spoke Italian with our server and by the end of the meal we had all of our meals served to us in platters so all 7 of us coudl pick from. They ended up conversing with the manager himself for a few minutes which I found made the experience more enjoyable. The best part was watching the rest of the people in the dining room looking at our table trying to figure out what's going on over there. Anyhow I'm rambling and I apologize for that. :hammer:

I found that Rainforest in AK is more for decor and the cuisine isn't anything to spend that amount of money for, go to the Cali grille instead.

Later! :wave:

imagineer99

It pains me to say that the "California Grill" was my worst dining experience.

Now, I place the emphasis on the word 'exprience' for a reason. My family doesn't mind spending money on food--especially if that food is of high caliber. However, when your paying a lot of money for a meal, it shouldn't take over two-hours to get your first course. Nor, should you be waiting another half hour to have your dirty dishes taken away.

Food was good (if not amazing), but any enjoyment was delimited by the entire fiasco. You feel disappointed and let down having to pay for an expensive meal that you didn't enjoy.

I've eaten at some truly great restaurants--The Greenbrier comes to mind--but for such an often lauded restaurant, "California" didn't add up to the big boys at all. So much so, that I'm afraid to give 'em another shot. :(

trr313

but the single worst was Planet Hollywood in DTD. They sat us at this microscopic table right on the edge of the walkway. Love got bumped into about two or three dozen times by the waiters literally pushing past and even had soda spilled on him one of the times. Our burgers took about an hour to arrive, were wrong and were badly cooked. I would never eat there again.
-m[/quote]

Planet Hollywood at DTD was a great atmosphere for us the only time I've been. My sister and her fiance went and complained about the exact thing being sat at a walkway table that had no room at all and they were bumped into all night.

Avenger23

Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. Poor food, poor service.

A very close 2nd would be dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern...to many people, wait staff seemed overworked, rude, and just rushed us through our meal....the family style serving just tasted bland.

I stress dinner because eariler in that trip we had lunch there and it was great.

bhg469

Im not surprised to hear about liberty tree for dinner, but IMO it is the best place for a sit down lunch in MK.

As far as the worst it would have to be JIKO not because the food because that was excellent, the waiter was very rude, and seemed to rush us out. Maybe it was because we are younger and didnt expect a good tip from us but he made me regret giving him any tip at all.

As far as food being an issue sci fi was sit counter servicce food in a sit down atmosphere. Really let down by the quality.

MAF

bhg469 said:
As far as the worst it would have to be JIKO not because the food because that was excellent, the waiter was very rude, and seemed to rush us out. Maybe it was because we are younger and didnt expect a good tip from us but he made me regret giving him any tip at all.
This happened to me and my brother at Mythos in Universal. I was 20 and my brother was 15 at the time and the waitress was a complete B*#!$, and I know it was because she thought we wouldn't tip. In actuality, it's the rich snobs who are more likely not to tip than young adults.

summergirl32

My husband and I were disappointed in Biergarten. I had read so many wonderful things about it, but I hated the food and there was not a show going on while we were there. The restaurant in Norway is also on my worst experiencs list, I guess my palate is not sophisticated enough to enjoy these types of foods.
We do enjoy the Rainforest Cafe, especially at breakfast. The food is good and my boys really love the atmosphere.

Heatherbell

I was racking my brain trying to think of my worst experience, I actually don't think I have ever had a poor dining experience. I know one time I ate at Caribbean Beach (The Captains Tavern, before it was Shutters) and I had really bad food poisoning. Then I am not real impressed with Rainforest Cafe, I think it is very over priced, the food is okay but none the less over priced. And our last trip we ate at San Angel Inn and I was not impressed with the food. It wasn't gross or anything but I think I prefer Taco Bell.

Love_RnR

ABC Commissary is the worst.

Absolutely
Bad
Cr@p

Any other thoughts on what ABC might mean?

Awfully
Bland
Chow

The only other bad experience would be Alfredo's, I ate their Fettucine Alfredo (not to mention an appetizer and desert) then rode Misson Space less than an hour later :( .

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Love_RnR said:
ABC Commissary is the worst.

Absolutely
Bad
Cr@p

Any other thoughts on what ABC might mean?

Awfully
Bland
Chow

The only other bad experience would be Alfredo's, I ate their Fettucine Alfredo (not to mention an appetizer and desert) then rode Misson Space less than an hour later :( .

I'l agree with you there. ABC Commissary was very disappointing to say the least.

Tasted like bad soybeans.

Disneydogs

Biergarten has to be my worst experience. Everyone seemed to be in a bad mood that day, customers, workers and most of all the food (Ugh). Thank goodness for those monster mugs of beer they serve.

dreamscometrue

It's interesting to read all the replies. We've never had a bad meal or service at any of the sit down restaurants. The BEST experiences in food and service have been at The Rainforest Cafe (AK), Alfredo's, and the best by far was Le Cellier. The closest we came to mediocre food and/or service was ABC Commissary. Our most recent trip saw us make our first to Ghirardelli's at DTD. I had high expectations and after waiting a half hour for sundaes, we all found them to be very ordinary and were quite disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom