Worst dining experience

PintoColvig

I've had decent experiences at both Rainforest Cafe locations but overpriced, of course. Artist Point, however, has been my worst experience in a Disney restaurant. The food was tasty but was so overpriced for such small portions that I was angered by the experience. :fork:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
unkadug said:
OK, I can see that, even though I've never eaten at V&A.

It always seemed too foo-foo for me!!
Well, it did not start out too well for me. I had to put on a coat and tie just to go in. Then, when we told them we did not want wine service with our meal, you would have thought we farted or something.....the looks....Then, when I kept asking for rolls between the courses, they just kept looking at me with a blank stare. Now, if they had served normal size portions of food that would actually sustain a human being, that would be different. I think they bank on selling you the wine service so that when you are two courses in, you are starting to get a little sloshed and dont care about the food. My wife and I both left feeling like we needed to stop by McDonalds and get something of sustanance.

AlishaMisha

Well I have to say by far my worst was Rainforest Cafe @ Animal Kingdom. Visit #1 -the waitress was listing off salad dressings to my mom and my aunt was looking at her so that way she could be prepared for the salad dressing selection when it became her turn to order. The next thing we knew the waitress yelled to my aunt "What are YOU looking at?". that was like 4 years ago and her weirdness is still in our memory today. Visit #2- My bros ex and I both ordered Fried Calimari. She ate about 1/2 of hers and I ate my whole platter. The next morning I wake up at 5am and im puking my guts out all the way until late at night. She,however, became ill but didnt puke. You guessed it...Food Poisoning. That was the worst ive ever been sick in my life ( and trust me...i know sick...i get sick at least twice a month, and i mean VIOLENTLY ILL). The next day i felt better but still ill, so we went to SeaWorld. I was so weak I had to rent a wheelchair. not fun...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
AlishaMisha said:
Well I have to say by far my worst was Rainforest Cafe. Visit #1 -the waitress was listing off salad dressings to my mom and my aunt was looking at her so that way she could be prepared for the salad dressing selection when it became her turn to order. The next thing we knew the waitress yelled to my aunt "What are YOU looking at?". that was like 4 years ago and her weirdness is still in our memory today. Visit #2- My bros ex and I both ordered Fried Calimari. She ate about 1/2 of hers and I ate my whole platter. The next morning I wake up at 5am and im puking my guts out all the way until late at night. She,however, became ill but didnt puke. You guessed it...Food Poisoning. That was the worst ive ever been sick in my life ( and trust me...i know sick...i get sick at least twice a month, and i mean VIOLENTLY ILL). The next day i felt better but still ill, so we went to SeaWorld. I was so weak I had to rent a wheelchair. not fun...

If I got sick off of Calamari (which I dearly love), I dont think I could stomach Seaworld for a while...:lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
hakunamatata,
I'm sorry but your post really had me laughing. It sounds like something that would happen to me. Especially having to go eat something else after leaving a restaurant.

mitchk

trr313 said:
but the single worst was Planet Hollywood in DTD. They sat us at this microscopic table right on the edge of the walkway. Love got bumped into about two or three dozen times by the waiters literally pushing past and even had soda spilled on him one of the times. Our burgers took about an hour to arrive, were wrong and were badly cooked. I would never eat there again.
-m

I have to agree with you. Planet Hollywood has really gotten bad. When I was at DTD in 2001, I ate at PH, the wait was a bit long, but I found the service to be top notch (I was wearing a white shirt, and dripped some A-1 on it, my sever noticed it right away, and brought me a cup of seltzer water to get the stain out). However, when I was there in July of 2005, I must say the service, and food quality has suffered badly. BTW, I have been to the Rain forest Cafe in DTD (and just last week went to the RFC in Atlantic City, NJ) but I have not been to the one at AK. I have heard nothing but bad reviews about it, but what is the theme like inside the place. Is it similar to DTD's RFC?

LilDucky

I also didn't like the ABC commissary and the DTD Rainforest Cafe. The food was ok (honestly, Applebee's and TGI Fridays is better), but overpriced, and the gorillas scared me :lookaroun

Actually, the only thing we liked about RC was our server. She was really great, but it sounds like she might be the exception, based on other posters :lol:

Maybe I'd have better luck in the elephant room :lookaroun

brisem

The two worst were Rainforest in AK
Crystal Palace was the second. The food tasted like it was under the heat light to long.

tirian

I've had three really bad experiences at Disney restaurants. First, at the San Angel Inn (does anyone else notice that this name keeps coming up?), my food was extremely cold, like it had been halfway microwaved. In contrast, the food at the little stand outside has always been delicious. Secondly, the last time I ate at the Floatworks in Port Orleans, everyone in my family except my dad got very sick. Finally, I've only eaten at the Big River Grille at the Boardwalk once, for my dad's birthday. The service was awful (I know that Disney doesn't own the restaurant, but the waiter was ridiculous); and a couple of hours later, my experience was so bad that I'll spare you the details. :dazzle: Let's just say that my hotel room at the Boardwalk wasn't very nice when the cleaning lady came in.

Also, does anyone notice that the "Asian" food inside the Land pavilion is overpriced and disgusting? I've eaten there several times since the place reopened, and now the only counter I frequent is the dessert one!

HunnyPot

Our worst was Boma. I was so surprised too, because everyone raves about this restaurant, but the food wasn't good and it seemed as if the buffet was empty. There were large portions of the buffet with nothing on them, and some of the staff was rude. The atmosphere was neat though.

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Mr.Pickles has never had a "bad experience", eating at Disney World, because Mr.Pickles only eats at the signature dining resturants. Mr.Pickles highly recommends Victoria and Alberts, it Mr.Pickles preferred dining establishment.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I have mentioned this before... but I will post it here as well:

Chef Mickeys = worst breakfast EVER! :hurl:

The service was bloody awful.

The picture Nazi was a complete ***hole, and was rude to my family.

The sausage links were like jerky. It took the server 20min to bring us another coffee mug for our table. The food overall was just blah, and icky... not what one expects at 20-25+ dollars a plate. :hurl:

...never again. :hammer:

Floridasunshine

DMC-12 said:
I have mentioned this before... but I will post it here as well:

Chef Mickeys = worst breakfast EVER! :hurl:

The service was bloody awful.

The picture Nazi was a complete ***hole, and was rude to my family.

The sausage links were like jerky. It took the server 20min to bring us another coffee mug for our table. The food overall was just blah, and icky... not what one expects at 20-25+ dollars a plate. :hurl:

...never again. :hammer:

Oooh, I agree. We ate there for dinner. The restaurant was freezing cold, very busy, and we had a long wait for dinner. The food was bland (except the prime rib ---that was good), a couple of the characters seemed rushed and disgruntled.... and that dad-burned picture guy was a jerk, wasn't he??!!?!??!?

Jooniper30

Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe are two chain restaurants that I'd never go to again in WDW...overpriced, bleck food, slow service, waaaay too busy for what you get. Rainforest is one of those places you go to once. We have one here, where we live, but the menu is less than desirable.

Everything is overpriced in WDW so I at least want GOOD food.

Also Sci-Fi the food was okay (love the theming there) but the service was bad the time I went (not that one time would stop me). I got food poisoning from Cosmic Rays.

Some of the best: PrimeTime (normal food, but some of the best I've had ... I get sick of park food), and Chefs d' France.

PintoColvig

HunnyPot said:
Our worst was Boma. I was so surprised too, because everyone raves about this restaurant, but the food wasn't good and it seemed as if the buffet was empty. There were large portions of the buffet with nothing on them, and some of the staff was rude. The atmosphere was neat though.

Wow. I didn't think Boma would come up here. It's my hands-down favorite. For us, every visit was better than the previous ones.

PintoColvig

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles has never had a "bad experience", eating at Disney World, because Mr.Pickles only eats at the signature dining resturants. Mr.Pickles highly recommends Victoria and Alberts, it Mr.Pickles preferred dining establishment.

:lookaroun Will someone please eat Mr. Pickles and put an end to this misery of speaking of oneself in the 3rd person? :hammer: :lol:

mhead

Hard to say becasue as we get older we find that we look forward to dining more than riding at WDW! I would have to say 50's primetime is my worst overall experience as I am from the south and the food is not what I consider "good homestyle cooking" but it is the whole characeter servers that blows it for me - I don't find it cute or funny, it just really gets on my nerves.

Wife and I were disappointed in California Grill, most likely were expecting too much.

Also used to love O'hana, but since menu change it blows - won't be going back. (Love the breakfast though)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom