Worst dining experience

AngryEyes

Big, huge, gigantic, industrial-sized paper clip in my mashed potatoes at the Rose & Crown. Luckily, it was so big that I felt it on my tongue before I bit down. I told the waitress, so she could make sure there was nothing else in the potatoes in the kitchen. She insisted on getting the chef, who insisted that we take desserts, even though we didn't want them. Good stuff, though.

Coincidentally enough, the week after we got back, I took my dad to TGIF and a movie for his birthday and there was a HUGE binder clip in my mashed potatoes. I started thinking someone was out to get me. The popcorn at the movie was without metal objects, though.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me before or since.

AngryEyes

Why would I lie? I didn't sue anyone or ask for anything. All I can tell you is it was bigger than any paper clip I've seen in an office or school setting. The binder clip, however, was even bigger.

timoteo

AngryEyes said:
Why would I lie? I didn't sue anyone or ask for anything. All I can tell you is it was bigger than any paper clip I've seen in an office or school setting. The binder clip, however, was even bigger.

Are you correct in assuming there is no reason to lie on the internet? OK, I believe you, but that is seriously dangerous and how in the heck does something like that get in the food. Why the heck is Disney using industrial size paperclips in the kitchen. I love Disney but that is seriously upf*cked and to anyone else, next time maybe do not sue but make a serious stink and demand top top brass there to hear it. Even if the meeting takes place in the back room so to speak so other persons are not alarmed.

AngryEyes

The chef had no explanation, either. I just assumed someone was walking by with a thick stack of papers and it popped off into a vat of mashed potatoes. It happens.

I was just happy I didn't bite down. Believe me, if I thought that was something that was likely to happen again, I would have made a bigger deal about it. Honestly, I doubt if it happened before and it's unlikely to happen again. Just one of those things. At the time, my only real concern was that they didn't serve anyone else out of the same potatoes.

timoteo

AngryEyes said:
The chef had no explanation, either. I just assumed someone was walking by with a thick stack of papers and it popped off into a vat of mashed potatoes. It happens.

I was just happy I didn't bite down. Believe me, if I thought that was something that was likely to happen again, I would have made a bigger deal about it. Honestly, I doubt if it happened before and it's unlikely to happen again. Just one of those things. At the time, my only real concern was that they didn't serve anyone else out of the same potatoes.

Therefore, I maintain the need for stink. However, you seem a very reasonable chap and perhaps the smart authentic british decor bestowed upon you a rather equally authentic stiff upper lip. I say..Good show

AngryEyes

timoteo said:
Therefore, I maintain the need for stink. However, you seem a very reasonable chap and perhaps the smart authentic british decor bestowed upon you a rather equally authentic stiff upper lip. I say..Good show

There was sort of a stink as the chef kept insisting we had to have dessert and we kept saying no...does that count? We ended up compromising and got one of those dessert samplers. We didn't see the need to get five full desserts and waste them.

beyondthepalace

PintoColvig said:
I've had decent experiences at both Rainforest Cafe locations but overpriced, of course. Artist Point, however, has been my worst experience in a Disney restaurant. The food was tasty but was so overpriced for such small portions that I was angered by the experience. :fork:

Amen to Artist Point. Overpriced and horrible service even when she knew I was a CM (at the time) Took too long to get food for a dining room that was 3/4 empty. The one thing that pushed me over the edge was that I asked for a rare cognac (some $25!!!) it never got to the table.

justducky78

I have to say I'm surprised about Artist Point. We had great service and the food was delicious! We're both vegetarians and the chef personally came about to discuss the menu with us and created a special dish. We were very impressed.

But, I guess not every restaurant can be good all of the time just like you can't please all people all of the time! :D

TimonRulz

Dunno if it counts as a "dining" experience, but I had ordered food for the fireworks cruise and all and they forgot to make it... so the worst dining experience I had was when we didn't get to dine at all. lol.

beyondthepalace

justducky78 said:
I have to say I'm surprised about Artist Point. We had great service and the food was delicious! We're both vegetarians and the chef personally came about to discuss the menu with us and created a special dish. We were very impressed.

But, I guess not every restaurant can be good all of the time just like you can't please all people all of the time! :D

I would hope that the night I went was just one of those rare nights. I did dine a few years ago and alot of my friends have enjoyed nights there over the past year or two.
I am not completly dissing the restaurant, but it would take alot for me to go back. First impressions mean lot in the business.

phillipsa9

the all star cafe at wide world of sports... hands down one of the worst dining experiences ive ever had the food was edible but im not picky but the service was awful!!! i was there for lunch after a braves spring training game it wasnt very crowded and i think maybe we saw our server twice throughout the meal

tirian

1) Alfredo's at Epcot - we ordered off the kid's menu, which seemed to make our waiter quite unhappy with us. The food was utterly ordinary, which made me wish we'd gone to Olive Garden instead.

You ordered off the kid's menu. That's why your food was ordinary. Kids don't normally have a wide range of tastes.

Next time you eat at Alfredo's, save money and order off the adult menu. I eat there frequently, and the food has always been delicious. Furthemore, as someone who has eaten the real thing from Italy, I find Alfredo's to be the most authentic version I've had in the U.S.

Some of my other favorites include Olivia's at Old Key West, Ohana's and Capt. Cook's (I tend to raid Cook's at midnight every time I stay at the Polynesian), the Crystal Palace (lunch), and the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Edit: I still think that the Asian food at the Land pavilion is the most disgusting food on property.

dxwwf3

Yes definitely get the good stuff at Alfredo's. A relative of mine is the manager there and he's always taken good care of us there :). The lasagna and fettuccine alfredo are to die for.

The only place where the kids menu is better than the adults is at San Angel Inn :lol:. Last time I was there I got a VERY weird look from the waiter. I should have said, well if you had this stuff in adult portions you wouldn't have to worry about it :lol:

tirian

Is it just me, or is the food at the Cantina de San Angel--the food stand outside--actually better than what's served inside? I thing so; it's definitely served warmer!

dxwwf3

I've never been to Cantina de San Angel. We've always opted for inside because of the atmosphere and the unlimited chips and salsa that are the best I've ever had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom