Worst Attraction Fail/Malfunction you have seen?

mouse_luv

about 4-5 yeas ago during the halloween parade, 1 of the floats broke down in front of us. i think it was clarabelle cow. a CM in a go cart type vehicle came out & towed the float back down main st along the parade route. people cheered as it went by in good spirits. it was good for a laugh. 1st time i’ve ever seen that happen.
That was my first Halloween party ahahha! We had the chicken Clara Cluck stuck in front of us for like 15 mins constantly going on and I cringe whenever I hear her squawk now LOL!

cat hem

A few years ago we ventured into Carousel of Progress. The theater began rotating and stopped... and stayed... the scene began to replay. We waited a bit, a CM came in and said it would be "a few minutes". By then we were done listening to the repeat of the scene and found the nearest exit.

Phil12

Our Nautilus sub got attacked by a giant squid and we sank. Fortunately Captain Nemo had developed an improved version of the Davis Submerged Escape Apparatus and there were enough of these devices onboard for the entire crew. We donned the devices and were able to float to the surface and be rescued by a passing merchant vessel. Unfortunately Captain Nemo was eaten by the squid.

Incomudro

Got stuck on Soarin' a few years ago.
The family (four of us) were seated in the front row, and when the mechanism rose to full height - it came to a jarring halt.
The ride couldn't start, and we had to wait up there for oh... 15 - 20 minutes until workers could bring the mechanism down to its starting position.
They gave us a few fast passes, plus snacks and drinks as consolation.

graphite1326

I have been going semi-annually since 1996. Other than a few stops maybe 5 minutes long, I have never experienced anything major.

The worst being stuck in the last room at HM. Hearing, "hurry baaaack. Don't forget your death certificate," over and over.

Heppenheimer

One time Madame Leota's projection wasn't working. You could hear her voice and see the sculpted outline where the projection usually shines, but the film wasn't there.

Late in the life of the original Journey Into Imagination, one of the Figments animatronics was completely non-functional. And the lifting mechanism that caused Figment to rise out of Dreamfinder's airship in the opening scene was stuck. So, you could see Figment's head before his entry cue, but then you couldn't see the rest of him when he was supposed to be interacting with Dreamfinder.

bsiev1977

I went to Disneyland/DCA in October 2016, and the California Screamin‘ coaster stopped near the top of the lift hill.

warm day, bright sun, they ended up having to evacuate the train 2 people at a time

MaryJaneP

It is not recent, and not in WDW itself, but is it Disney and probably ranks as one, if not the pentulimate, worst malfunction. Supposedly (I was not there), the Abe Lincoln AA in the World's Fair exhibit malfunctioned by having the red hydraulic fluid leak through Abe's white shirt, as he ceased to function. Quite a bad image for Disney to have of an assassinated President.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It is not recent, and not in WDW itself, but is it Disney and probably ranks as one, if not the pentulimate, worst malfunction. Supposedly (I was not there), the Abe Lincoln AA in the World's Fair exhibit malfunctioned by having the red hydraulic fluid leak through Abe's white shirt, as he ceased to function. Quite a bad image for Disney to have of an assassinated President.
The animatronic John Wilkes Booth must've been broken ;)

DiSnEyF@n

Years ago, I was on The People Mover and Space Mountain was down and the lights were on while they were fishing it... it kind of ruined SM for me... I still enjoy it, but I’ll always remember what it really looked like.... I mean come on, after all i was going into outer space FOR REAL, right? 🙂🙃😂

Rich Brownn

It happened at Flight to the Moon to Mr. Morrow, who began squirting red fluid out of his neck. In what had to be the funniest cover ever, the hostess said "Well, Mr. Morrow isn't feeling well today.."

Club Cooloholic

It's not a Disney ride, but Spiderman in Uni had the screen go blank right at the big climax of the ride during the fall. Totally deflated the experience.

Rich Brownn

It's not a Disney ride, but Spiderman in Uni had the screen go blank right at the big climax of the ride during the fall. Totally deflated the experience.
Even better, I had one ride where the cars were 90 degrees from where it should be facing. So we saw walls, etc. But the ride audio was still intact. It was a very weird experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom