Worst Attraction Fail/Malfunction you have seen?

TwilightZone

Now I am pretty lucky when it comes to rides but I have two stories one disney one non disney.
At disneyland one time I rode buzz lightyear and the ride came to a complete stop twice, one time during the ride, and one time right at the end.
Now for a better story, I was one of the first riders of the Mass Effect ride over in Great America back when they were doing test rides for it. The seats of the ride didn't move, I assume because it was still new and they malfunctioned so we awquardly sat and jabbed while we watched the actor run around pretending the spaceship was being attacked. It was super unintentionally hilarious and a memory I like to bring up whenever I can.

Fantasmik

We accidentally sent two boats of tourists into boat storage at Pirates. Does that count? :D
Preface that this is a serious comment: When I was a kid, this was my biggest fear on any boat ride. I still stare at it 30 some years later thinking how silly I was that it could even happen. Now this post though...

Rich Brownn

Preface that this is a serious comment: When I was a kid, this was my biggest fear on any boat ride. I still stare at it 30 some years later thinking how silly I was that it could even happen. Now this post though...
What happened was.... up in tower on the dispatch board there was a switch to remotely send boats into the storage. However, trying to judge it from a tv monitor took too long, so a panel was installed right next to the storage (its right where the girl is chasing the pirate with the broom). Then they disabled the one in tower. Over time, the habit came to play with that button while waiting on dispatch. After a rehab, they reconnected the button for some reason. But never bothered to tell anyone. So one day.......

(I was at unload and noticed boats stopped coming. Before I could call tower, my two leads red by screaming OH MY GOD and dissapeared through the door behind me. LOL)

Lilofan

No guests reported to have seen it but it had to have been traumatic when the entertainment cast member was practicing a tumbling act in the Indy Jones at
theatre at DHS in front of fellow cast. He broke his neck and he did not survive. This happened about 11-12 years ago. The next day shows were cancelled.

Last edited:

MacVenture

We were stuck on splash mountain near the end of the ride. The issue was resolved rather quickly but due to people standing up, getting out of the boat (on the walk path) the delay lasted about an 1-2 hours! Of course the CM is yelling over the PA "PLEASE REMAIN SEATED!". If you even moved in a seat an inch, other riders would yell-sit down! Everyone was yelling at everyone. Thinking back now, I can't recall a day at MK that I've laughed harder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom