Worst Attraction Fail/Malfunction you have seen?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Our worst was getting a stoppage on IASW, where we sat for over 45 min listening to "that song" :banghead::banghead::banghead:over and over and over again. I didnt want to go on the ride but only did it to keep DW company. After these several years she still owes me big time.

I hear that after a while, you start to hear the real meaning of the "IASW" song..

It's a world of hurt
it's a world of pain
It's a world coming up if you don't go away
Pack your bags, leave tonight
Or you'll end up in a fight
It's a hard, hard, world.

Phonedave

The worst malfunction - as opposed to ride condition - is either CoP or Ellen's Energy Adventure.

We got stuck in the same room on CoP for what must have been 15 minutes, with nothing happening, just the frozen stage set. Likely people were walking off in other rooms, so maybe you really can't call that a malfunction.

On Ellen's, they had to walk off the entire ride after everything went dead right by the dinosaurs.

-dave

thomas998

For me it would be when Test Track went down 7-8 times in the span of about 4 hours.
Similar experience with Radiator Spring Racers when it first opened. We were in the standby line that was supposed to be 70 minutes long.... as we got about 50 minutes into it we could see the end of the line... and then the ride proceeded to break down on a regular basis... 1 maybe 2 cars would go and then it would shut down for a while... it took over 4 hours before we got on the ride the bulk of that time was in the last maybe 60 yards of of the queue where we literally watched cars leave followed by 15 to 20 minutes reboots of the system... over and over. I have no clue how many times it malfunctioned only that because it was our last day there that we were committed to waiting no matter what.

Yert3

My friends are at MK today and they said Splash looked amazing. How badly is it deteriorating?
I just rode yesterday and several effects and animatronics weren’t working
Out of the 3 frogs at the beginning, 1 was missing and one wasn’t working. Only 1 was singing correctly

raccoon with the harmonica was missing

the projection with Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear chasing Br’er Rabbit froze and reset halfway through the animation.

Br’er Bear caught in the trap wasn’t moving up and down

Million Dollar bunny wasn’t hopping.

Br’er frog who sings laughing place mouth wasn’t moving.

Br’er Roadrunner was missing

the speakers for the vultures who taunt you before the big drop are going out. They’re static-y and are barley audible.

Same to be said with the speakers at the end with Br’er fox’s tail getting chomped by the alligator. Static-y and barely audible. If I didn’t know what he was already saying, I wouldn’t be able to decipher it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I just rode yesterday and several effects and animatronics weren’t working
Out of the 3 frogs at the beginning, 1 was missing and one wasn’t working. Only 1 was singing correctly

raccoon with the harmonica was missing

the projection with Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear chasing Br’er Rabbit froze and reset halfway through the animation.

Br’er Bear caught in the trap wasn’t moving up and down

Million Dollar bunny wasn’t hopping.

Br’er frog who sings laughing place mouth wasn’t moving.

Br’er Roadrunner was missing

the speakers for the vultures who taunt you before the big drop are going out. They’re static-y and are barley audible.

Same to be said with the speakers at the end with Br’er fox’s tail getting chomped by the alligator. Static-y and barely audible. If I didn’t know what he was already saying, I wouldn’t be able to decipher it.
That's not TOO bad. When you said it was deteriorating, I was thinking a few notches above 2012-level Splash

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I had to be evacuated once from Splash and also the People Mover because of how long it was down. I sat there watching Brer Fox try to push Brer Bear in the hole for probably at least a good 45 minutes and then finally Disney gave up and came and got us all. We wound up getting fast passes of course so at least there was that. My wife's cousin was at the Halloween Party a few years ago and watched the Headless Horseman actually fall down and have his horse land on his leg!

Maelstrom Troll

Really cool video there and you’re right about how good the animatronics used to look. It’s been 3 years since we last rode Splash but it certainly wasnt anywhere near that level of operation. Splash is still one of my faves but I really have to be in the mood to ride it. You do notice the things that are missing/ not operating and that really does cheapen the whole experience.

Maelstrom Troll

We got stuck on TT in front of the 18 wheeler for a while. That horn gets old fast... I guess it could have been worse. We could have gotten stuck in the heat chamber

Kate F

Br’er Fox in the laughing place hitting Br’er Rabbit with the beehive was busted one time I rode. Was pretty unsightly.

Tom Morrow

2012 was not a good year for WDW. From personal experience, by far the worst things ever were. I complain a lot on here, but truth is that things have gotten a lot better since then.
Absolutely. Things were looking pretty dire throughout. Since then there have been tons of refurbishments to the parks and the rides are generally in acceptable condition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom