Worst Attraction Fail/Malfunction you have seen?

Yert3

Absolutely. Things were looking pretty dire throughout. Since then there have been tons of refurbishments to the parks and the rides are generally in acceptable condition.
I can’t even believe they were running Splash Mountain in the condition that it was in. Just watching the video I took seems so surreal. If I was in charge, I would have been so embarrassed.

Fox&Hound

Hmmm, I would have to say:

1. Spaceship Earth- every time I ride it we get stuck for at least 15 minutes on the descent where they play those videos of your future

2. One time I got stuck in Big Thunder Mountain and had to be evacuated out- it was actually pretty awesome.

3. My family and I got stuck on Pirates our last trip and we were tuck for 45 minutes during the "Yo Ho, Yo Ho" part. It's my all-time favorite so I didnt mind in the least. A couple behind us actually got off and left the ride- or found something else to do backstage. They eventually turned the lights on and you could see everything- the poles the chickens are on as they run around, etc. And after 40 minutes they stopped the music but the pirates and dog kept "singing"- it was wild. I kind of enjoyed getting this backstage view =)

zeedan

I think it was in 2008, my daughter was 6 and she wanted to ride her first roller coaster, The Barnstormer. She being a daredevil of sorts wanted to sit in the front seat, first car. At the very top of the very first hill our car began to go over the summit and the ride stopped. We were facing down a little and sat there for about 5 minutes. My wife and younger son were down below with the videocam and my wife was terrified. I was a little uneasy too. My daughter was waving to people...My daughter thought it was all part of the ride and great fun. She'll ride any coaster now, no matter the height or speed.

Michaelson

Last year we were on the 3 amigos boat ride in the Mexican Pyramid, and everything came to a complete stop.

We were in front of the animatronic '3 Amigos' stage, and boat after boat started piling up behind us.

The song loop kept going on and on, until everyone in every boat would yell 'AYE CA RUMBA!" at that point in the song!

Fortunately it was amusing to everyone involved, and after about 15 minutes things started moving again, but we had that song stuck in our head for the rest of the day.

Regards! Michaelson

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Last year we were on the 3 amigos boat ride in the Mexican Pyramid, and everything came to a complete stop.

We were in front of the animatronic '3 Amigos' stage, and boat after boat started piling up behind us.

The song loop kept going on and on, until everyone in every boat would yell 'AYE CA RUMBA!" at that point in the song!

Fortunately it was amusing to everyone involved, and after about 15 minutes things started moving again, but we had that song stuck in our head for the rest of the day.

Regards! Michaelson
That happened when I was at WDW in 2016.

act2306

Worst I've seen was POTC at DL. It was closed for nearly 3 entire days (not for refurb, but unexpectedly closed) with staff out front continually saying "check back later". I actually told Jack Sparrow to stop breaking things when I saw him. He was flummoxed...
We finally got to ride it at the end of the evening on our last day - thankfully!

mf1972

about 4-5 yeas ago during the halloween parade, 1 of the floats broke down in front of us. i think it was clarabelle cow. a CM in a go cart type vehicle came out & towed the float back down main st along the parade route. people cheered as it went by in good spirits. it was good for a laugh. 1st time i’ve ever seen that happen.

Moka

Speaking of the condition of Splash Mountain, it was announced its getting refurbished in January 2020

Simba’s Mom

The worst, as I described elsewhere, was one time on Tower of Terror, after we got to the top, doors opened and closed, then we lowered a little and stopped. After waiting several seconds, a voice came over a loudspeaker and told us the ride had malfunctioned. Since it was our first time on ToT, we didn't know if it really had or if this was all part of the show. But shortly afterwards, we were lowered down slowly, walked around and got an immediate re-ride. That was our last time on TOT.

Kev1982

The worst, as I described elsewhere, was one time on Tower of Terror, after we got to the top, doors opened and closed, then we lowered a little and stopped. After waiting several seconds, a voice came over a loudspeaker and told us the ride had malfunctioned. Since it was our first time on ToT, we didn't know if it really had or if this was all part of the show. But shortly afterwards, we were lowered down slowly, walked around and got an immediate re-ride. That was our last time on TOT.
That happened to me. Ride started as normal. When we got into the tower the doors begind us closed and nothing happened. We sat there for a good 5 minutes. It was getting warmer and warmer. Suddenly we heard behind us a castmember yelling: we are gonna get you guys out! At that moment we just shot up and the ride continued as normal. Probabely the best ride on TOT ever!!!!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Getting stranded in the middle of the final scene on Buzz. The guy had to come over the PA and announce that the ride would get back going soon. This was June 2016.
I was also there in June 2016! I also got stuck on Buzz, but in the tunnel scene so I couldn't shoot anything. Watching the room "spin" got REALLY headache inducing after a minute or two

mergatroid

Been going since the 70's so quite a few. Evacuated from the People mover once after a 20 min wait. Stuck for longer than 5-10 mins on Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Journey but wasn't evacuated. In 20,000 leagues but the sub never left the dock and we were told the ride was down after waiting about 10 mins and had to get off. And a strange one was when on the backstage tour at Disney/MGM Studios we saw a CM drive a golf cart into a stationery golf cart as he wasn't watching where he was going if that counts?

MattC

Our worst wasn’t that bad. Fire alarm went off in the middle of Star Tours about 2 years ago. Screen flashed a little, C3PO did a little stuttering, and the vehicle shook a couple of seconds as it went back to starting position. No FPs were handed out. With everyone having to evacuate the building I’m sure there were more important things to focus on. Not like ST is that long a wait anyway.

Lilofan

Star Tours DHS queue line about 10 years ago. C3PO spring a leak and oil shot our everywhere and flooded the queue line with the slippery substance. Ride closed for a while for cast to clean it up.

Kate F

Not a ride malfunction but a rather unpleasant sight nonetheless. I was there last year when Space Mountain’s exit ramp was closed and we had to go out into an unthemed path back into Tomorrowland.

Stellajack

Premium Member
For me it would be when Test Track went down 7-8 times in the span of about 4 hours.
Yes, we were stopped on Test Track and after about 10 minutes, the lights came up and we were all led to an exit by CM's. The worst part was seeing all the staging that you do not see on the actual ride. Totally ruins the "realism". ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom