Worst Attraction at WDW

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
STITCH!!!!!:eek: We always laugh when we pass the fastpass machines outside....false advertising that it actually has a DEMAND..... and likewise when they installed the elaborate stage for the Stitch Stageshow that only lasted a few weeks....we had seen them building it wondering what imagineering was up to now and afterwards finding out the theme were dumbfounded....:brick::lol:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
speedway is fine....it simply needs some new super cool looking cars using some green tech.....and some other updates

Agreed...with a Pixar Cars theme and scenery tie in....or even just a variety of different themed cool cars and tunnels, towns, things to see en route.....more of a fun drive than a RACE...for pete's sake....how can one simulate racing at THAT speed!?!?!?:p

I don't like the Speedway: we ignore it every trip. Haven't ridden it since I was 7.

I also don't like SGE. Rode it once, swore we wouldn't do it again, no matter how bored we were or how short the wait was.

I'm also not really a Test Track fan. I know its "the fastest ride in WDW" but to me EE just FEELS faster. I don't think its fun or thrilling. Last time I rode it I was counting the seconds till it was over.

I feel like I've ridden every ride in WDW, but really when I look at it there are rides and shows I've never seen or ridden.

WorldKey

Agree about speedway. Have not ridden this since 8 years old and have been back 20 times (DLR/WDW). Loud, smelly, boring. Actually amazed that Disney spends the time/space/money maintaining it. Enough kids love it I guess....

montyz81

I know I am going to get flammed for this...

1. Toy Story Mania - I have the video game at home and can do the same exact thing
2. Imagination -Even more outdated then the original ride
3. Mission Space - No imagination in that rid.
4. Stitch - Not sure why I don't like it, I just done.
5. The seas with nemo and friends (ominomover ride) - The technology is pretty simple. After there it is just a ride in front of fish tanks.

I don't understand threads like these...I usually come on this website to hear things that make me feel better about Disney and when i come across threads like these it just is kinda annoying. Who does this help anyway?? :shrug:

Sounds Dangerous at DHS was considered by some to be the worst attraction at WDW. The announced closing of Sounds Dangerous has got me thinking, what's the worst remaining WDW attraction?

My vote is for the Tomorrowland Speedway at MK. My reasons: pollution, noise, slow loading, 52 inch height requirement to drive.

The attraction's theming has nothing to do with Tomorrowland. What does a bunch of smelly, slow moving go-carts have to do with the future?

There are 3 or 4 go-cart places near my house that do a better job, which should be embarrassing for WDW.

There's got to be something better that Disney could put in it's place.

Speedway agreed!!! but I do have a solution!!!
First make it an indoor attraction- Enclose the whole thing. Now take away the 40 year old gas burning cars. Now make it a futuristic ride that will actually be futuristic in Tomorrowland. Instead of gas burning cars make it an attraction that still can use a guided track but make it dark and make them futuristic mini space ships. Now have various targets like they use in Buzz light-year only more realistic and something with new technology. Have handheld phaser guns or some type of futuristic looking ray gun. It would make it go with the land that is in. It will also make it something new and could be a showcase for the latest cgi or new technology (something that Disney was known for) and lastly it will be an attraction that doesn't have to be closed during inclement weather!!! And by the way don't dumb it down and make it for 5 and 6 year olds. There are plenty of attractions for that age group, make it an exciting "e" ticket attraction!!

pluto77

I agree with Stitches Great Escape. And the fact that it is in one of the most known lands in the Magic Kingdom makes it even worse. I had read all the bad reviews before riding it, and I didn't believe any of it. I didn't believe it could actually be that bad. I was seriously going in thinking I would enjoy it. But was sadly disappointed. It was my partner's first trip to Disney, and even he didn't like it (the only other one that he downright doesn't like is imagination). Loved most everything else. Funny that even a first timer finds those two rides subpar. I, personally, don't really mind the imagination ride in it's current state. I'm more disappointed in the pavilion after the ride. Although I think some things were down last time I was there.

DManRightHere

The worst was the American show in world showcase. It's such a beautiful theater, but I wasn't a fan of the show. I've never done the presidents at MK or the bird house show (sorry I don't know the names of the attractions). I don't like the speedway because of the smell and people slam into the back of you. Replace with electric cars that can't rear end people and I'm good to go!

MikeTaylorSound

#1. Jack Sparrow @ DHS, due to "false advertising and unnecessary existence.
#2. Stitch's Great Escape @ MK, due to "false advertising" and unnecessary existence.
#3. The "parade" @ DHS, due to "extremely loudness" and getting in the way.
#4. Ellen's Energy Adventure @ EP, aka, "Ellen's Snooze Cruise" due to "40 minutes of films."
#5. Tomorrowland Speedway @ MK, due to "tired theme" and "fumes."

jonesenon4

not a ride but my whole family agrees the nemo show at AK is horrible.would not be sad to see it go.i guess we could still be mad it replaced tarzan we loved that show.but nemo we do not like at all.:banghead:

Boardwalker

SGE sucks, but Stitch spits on you and my kid finds that hilarious. Captain EO is the creepiest, weirdest, worst attraction of all time. Hands down. I'm an old school MJ fan, anything pre BAD is great stuff. But the accusations against the guy alone should be enough to keep him from reappearing in a place where lots of kids are.

5thGenTexan

I have said it before, and I shall say it again. I am sure I will catch flak for it, but that's ok. :)

Last Spring, Stich was pretty much walk on for us. I thought it was a waste of our time. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, while I have not experienced it doesn't seem appropriate for Tomorrowland. It is my opinion that Tomorrowland should be a bit of what the old World's Fairs were like. I place to see what can be done and where we are going. Back when everything in Tomorrowland had a sponsor it was more like that. I am not sure what the intention of the Speedway was in the beginning, especially as it pertained to Tomorrowland. Space Mountain with the themeing I remember from the 80's you felt as if you were being prepared for a trip into space. Rocket to the Moon, the Flight to the Moon and finally Mission to Mars in the current location of Stich were a better match for what I think the theming in Tomorrowland should be. Today I still think it would be a fit for the area and would be a fun experience. After all, no one has reached Mars yet. However unlike 1992 when Mission to Mars was shut down there has been A LOT of images and information that has been gathered from Mars. A "trip" leaving Earth orbit and traveling to Mars then combined with the images and from the various orbiters and rovers on Mars would be awesome.

Buzz Lightyear
If you had wings
If you could fly
Delta Dreamflight
Take flight

I am sure Buzz Lightyear is popular, but not what I personallly want to see in Tomorrowland. Go back to the theme that was there before. Get Virgin as a sponsor. Have a journey that begins at the spaceport in New Mexico into Earth orbit. Just is as is being proposed for upcoming space tourism. Only a very few people will actually get to go into orbit and have the real life experience. This could should what it would be like, just at the old attraction showed what air travel could be long before every one and thier dog could afford a vacation that involved a plane trip.

Just like what Tomorrowland is, I know I am just dreaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom