World Showcase Dining

jamie_soprano1

Original Poster
My boyfriend and I are going on our first Disneyworld trip together this December. For our night in Epcot, we want to eat somewhere very romantic. We already decided to do dessert at R&C to watch the fireworks, but are a little stuck on where to eat for our actual dinner. We want somewhere with an AMAZING view. I was thinking of France, but I have never eaten there and I'm not sure if it was good or not. Any suggestions?

PrincessJessica

My boyfriend and I are going on our first Disneyworld trip together this December. For our night in Epcot, we want to eat somewhere very romantic. We already decided to do dessert at R&C to watch the fireworks, but are a little stuck on where to eat for our actual dinner. We want somewhere with an AMAZING view. I was thinking of France, but I have never eaten there and I'm not sure if it was good or not. Any suggestions?

The France restaurant, I can never remember which is which but the downstairs one is FABULOUS.. I highly recommend that. Le Cellier in Canada is great for dinner as well!

Just avoid Biergarten in Germany, it hasn't been too good lately. :shrug:

HS0411

My boyfriend and I are going on our first Disneyworld trip together this December. For our night in Picot, we want to eat somewhere very romantic. We already decided to do dessert at R&C to watch the fireworks, but are a little stuck on where to eat for our actual dinner. We want somewhere with an AMAZING view. I was thinking of France, but I have never eaten there and I'm not sure if it was good or not. Any suggestions?

I think the most romantic restaurant is actually San Angel Inn in Mexico. Even though its indoors, it seems like you eating under the moonlight of a sleepy Mexican village with a huge Mayan temple in the background. Other great choices for food are Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco and Le Cellier in Canada. You may even want to just have dinner at the Rose and Crown too!

wannabeBelle

As far as views specifically Rose & Crown is the ONLY restaurant that has a view of the lagoon that is unobstructed as it is the only one on the inside side of the walkway!!! I happen to like R & C for dinner. Le Cellier is outstanding but literally you have no views at all of the World Showcase area as there are no windows in the restaurant!!! What type of food are you looking for? Belle

KCBroadway

I am not a fan of Mexican food, but I would highly recommend eating at the pavilion if you are because it is very well themed and definitely romantic. I wish I DID like Mexican because that would definitely be on my list! Like many other have suggested - Le Cellier is fabulous! It's especially great if you're on the DDP because you can splurge and get a fancy/expensive steak. It was great!

kstella

Definitely avoid Germany. The atmosphere is not condusive to romantic dinner for two. There's nothing wrong with that, i fact I enjoyedit when we ate there, but I wasn't looking for a romantic dinner for two, more like family dinner for nine!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As wannabeBelle pointed out, you've provided somewhat conflicting parameters...

Romantic? Le Cellier or Chefs de France are two excellent choices.

A view? The only place with a nice view [and one of the few with much of a view at all] is Rose and Crown. Although not exactly "un-romantic", it wouldn't be what I'd call romantic either.

strmchsr

I agree that Le Cellier is great for food, but it's not the most romantic atmosphere. After all (as the same says) it's a basement. San Angel, Marrakesh, or France would be the three most "romantic" in terms of atmosphere. Rose and Crown could also be great if you had an outside seat for Illuminations.

jjgoo

I'm suprised that noone has mentioned this yet but if you are looking for a romantic intimate dinner in the World Showcase then you cannot do any better than Bistro de Paris. It is the restaraunt that is upstairs from Chefs de France, they like you to dress a little nicer and you can only make reservations 30 days in advance. I also should warn you that it is pricey. You could easily spend $200 if you have wine with your dinner.

All that said it is very intimate, the service especially attentive and the food & wine are extraordinary. It is not as crowded as most restaraunts in EPCOT so you will probably have an easier time having a romantic dinner. Also you are less likely to have to sit near screaming overtired children.

So if you can afford it, go to Bistro de Paris.

If that is out of your budget I suggest Le Cellier (call for your reservations ASAP). I thought there was a great atmosphere there too.

Heatherbell

Whle Le Cellier's food is amazing it isn't really romantic. It is dark...but it is a basement as someone mentioned before. Not that it isn't nice, it is...but not romantic. Rose and Crown's food is very good. But the most romantic restaurant in my opinion is San Angel Inn. I am not a huge fan of Mexican food but the atmosphere can't be beat. There is just something about it....

slappy magoo

A view? The only place with a nice view [and one of the few with much of a view at all] is Rose and Crown. Although not exactly "un-romantic", it wouldn't be what I'd call romantic either.

Un-romantic? The devil you say! That's where I popped the question!

Oh, and while I don't speak much French, "Le Cellier" = "The Cellar" Hence, no view.

HollyBelle

San Angel Inn!

San Angel gets another vote! I just love the environment that the Mexico Pavillion creates.

While you don't have a view of the lagoon, you do have the River of Time....granted I haven't been back since the Three Caballeros took over, but my guess would be that that particular area of the ride has been kept fairly scaled down in terms of characters. Or at least I hope so!

lunalovegoddess

Depending upon whether you like the cuisine, Restaurant Marrakesh has wonderful food, an exotic atmosphere with live bellydancing and music, and a great staff. We've taken my mom, my brother, and our kids there, and everyone seems very happy with the meals. Restaurant Marrakesh: Dinner Menu

If you order drinks at Rose and Crown, may I suggest the Welsh Dragon? (peach Schnapps, Melon liqueur, Creme de menthe, orange juice, and pineapple juice) It's really refreshing in the Florida heat.

couchpotatooo

as much as the theme is great and all I wouldn't consider San Angel Inn romantic just because there are so many people jammed into one space and it quit loud, we went to LeCellier for our Honeymoon and loved everything about it and if you like steak then you can't beat it. Germany not romantic and it's a buffet so that takes alot away from a romantic dinner. If you can get out of the Showcase and eat somewhere else I would say California girl is a really nice place to eat special during wishes. I hope this helps you. Congrat early!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: John

dandaman

We've eaten at San Angel Inn (not overly impressive, IMO), then went outside and got a perfect spot for Illuminations along the Mexico bridge. (Actually, pretty much everywhere on the bridge is a perfect spot.) :shrug:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
JJGOO has got it right. Bistro is the top choice of romantic spots at WS. But it is pricey. But the food and service can really get no better than that at the park.

Also, getting a seat at R&C desn't mean you'll be able to see the fireworks. You may get lucky and get an outside seat, but don't forget the 100's of others that are hoping to get that same seat as you. We've eaten several times at R&C, and have never gotten an outside seat, and we've asked every time. They will even give a little smile when you ask because EVERYONE wants the outside seat.

Good luck on you seating though, hope you get a great view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom