World of Color in EPCOT?????

wdwfan22

I sure hope that World of Color doesn't make it's way to Florida. For me the show isn't as impressive as the fireworks performances.

ryanduggers

I would put my money on the Fantasmic! area.

lots of seating.
no hazard to navigation.
would not need as many people to run it. ($)
people would pay to see it.
no distraction to animals.

Mukta

I have said it before and I will say it again. I wish that Disney created less clones. I love that the parks have their own unique attractions and shows. I wish they would stop adding every attraction to both coasts.
I feel at DL's version of Fantasmic! is better that DHS's. If they are going to add WoC, I hope they replace DHS's Fantasmic! with it. I would rather each park have their own unique nighttime show.

wedenterprises

No please, keep with Illuminations. I'd love to see Illuminations get a tweak here and there just because I've seen it a lot, but I'd rather watch Illuminations 500 times in a row than WoC twice in a row.

WoC is kinda like Vegas: all style no substance.

I agree with the general sentiments on here. First off, WoC will not (or at least should not) come to EPCOT (wrong theme), MK (would require another expansion), or AK (wrong theme again). That leaves DHS, which currently has Fanstasmic. This park would surely fit the theme, and also, yeah, they could use the Fantasmic theater. However, if I were the TDO, I think I would pick Downtown Disney. From a business perspective, you have these shops, restaurants, ect. that are often open later than the parks, what better way to get people there than a show! I know I would head over to DD for a show, and then the people are most likely going to shop, and eat, ect. This would be a great addition!

I know people are saying the lake is a problem, and yes, they are correct. However, bringing this show would be a pretty big project, not something where they would just "drop it in and hit go". So I am sure they can find a solution, possibly even make an expansion for it.

On the other hand, I guess it can also be considered, would Disney want a show outside of their parks? They'd be competing with Cirque, and I am sure they would rather you eat dinner in the parks. Also, logistically, how would admission work? Would you need a theme park ticket to get into the show? Would they want to allow anyone and everyone to come and see it, in hopes of those people shopping and eating?

That's my two cents for now! Love to hear what you guys think!

rangerbob

I'm thinking that MGM would be logical place for it. Even though I really love Fantasmic that would be a great location for it. They would have to demo the mountain and make the pond bigger. The other option would be echo lake. They would have to do some additions toward the hat to add a seating or standing area to view it. If they place it at echo lake why would they need 2 different nighttime shows there when they don't want to run Fantasmic on multiple nights a week.

Prototype82

You most certainly don't mean the same version of World of Color in California. But if you do, I'll tell you that World Showcase Lagoon is the perfect place not to have it.

CaptainWinter

However, if I were the TDO, I think I would pick Downtown Disney. From a business perspective, you have these shops, restaurants, ect. that are often open later than the parks, what better way to get people there than a show!

I wouldn't be in favor of that. Last time I was at DTD (June 2010) it was totally jammed, even in its current thinned-out state, so I'm not sure they really need to get more people there. Perhaps they do. I've never really considered DTD proper WDW anyway, so sue me.

Would the use of DTD's water as a transportation way make this a moot point anyway?

It seems to me HS is the most natural fit for WoC by a longshot.

Lee

Adventurer
Water shows using the WoC tech can only take place in man-made, controlled bodies of water. That eliminates WS Lagoon, the lake/river in AK and the lake at DTD.

That's not to say a WoC type experience isn't being looked at for WDW...;)

bgraham34

Personally I would not like to have it at Disney World. If anything its own show different from the left coast. Its nice to have different attractions to entice you to visit other parks.

wedenterprises

Water shows using the WoC tech can only take place in man-made, controlled bodies of water. That eliminates WS Lagoon, the lake/river in AK and the lake at DTD.

hmmm...

I would absolutely love a boat ride ala POTC/SW to go through a WoC environment. JIYI anyone?!

NoChesterHester

I agree with the general sentiments on here. First off, WoC will not (or at least should not) come to EPCOT (wrong theme), MK (would require another expansion), or AK (wrong theme again). That leaves DHS, which currently has Fanstasmic. This park would surely fit the theme, and also, yeah, they could use the Fantasmic theater. However, if I were the TDO, I think I would pick Downtown Disney. From a business perspective, you have these shops, restaurants, ect. that are often open later than the parks, what better way to get people there than a show! I know I would head over to DD for a show, and then the people are most likely going to shop, and eat, ect. This would be a great addition!

I believe Lee just addressed several comments at the same time. Folks commenting on the ability of WOC to fit thematically need to think beyond the current incarnation of the show at DCA. A colored fountain show could easily fit thematically into any of the current parks with the right programming and show sequences.

Come to think of it, a WOC type fountain show sure wouldn't have the 'scare' factor for the animals as airborn launched explosions... Hmmm.

AK needs a nighttime show along with a two attraction expansion and people would stay in the park longer. Just spitballin'.

devoy1701

I believe Lee just addressed several comments at the same time. Folks commenting on the ability of WOC to fit thematically need to think beyond the current incarnation of the show at DCA. A colored fountain show could easily fit thematically into any of the current parks with the right programming and show sequences.

Come to think of it, a WOC type fountain show sure wouldn't have the 'scare' factor for the animals as airborn launched explosions... Hmmm.

AK needs a nighttime show along with a two attraction expansion and people would stay in the park longer. Just spitballin'.

and there are two large expansion pads in AK that are more or less just sitting there...

Mickey_777

Like many have said already...thematically it makes no sense. Perhaps the technologys/fountains could be placed in the lagoon but the show itself would have to be tailored towards a "people/countries of the world" theme...either way I doubt it'll ever happen.

DisneyFan 2000

I call night time show for AK! It's animal-friendly, it will fit the park need for an attraction after dark and would help AK's overall reputation as a half-day experience. But I guess we'll have to wait and see...

RSoxNo1

I don't have any info on this other than speculation... The body of water that seems the most logical is the Fantasmic body of water. Another possibility would be to create a new body of water - my suggestion for this has been the area behind Kali River Rapids.

wedenterprises

Replacing Fantasmic makes sense to me. You can shut it down and customize the space as needed.

I also would love to see some WoC technology used in the moat around cinderella castle and where the swan boats used to travel. not as a show per se, but just for some additional magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom