World Class Customer Service

Ayla

That is highly unlikely, just because the OP says they did doesn't mean he's being truthful. If you let one person do it then everyone will expect to be allowed to do it. The CM was polite and I wish there were more like him when you see people lighting up cigarettes, going where they aren't supposed to be or just being entitled and whiney.
We apparently have very different versions of polite.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The only scenario I can think of where there CM's behavior the the video would have been inappropriate is that he knew that they had permission and decided to break it up anyway. If that was the case why be so polite about it?
Whether they broke the rules or not...got permission or not...snatching that ring was completely uncalled for and 100% unnecessary. It could have escalated the situation is an even worse direction. There is something called using a bit a tact...which the CM did not have in this specific instance.

We don't need to say that one party is right and other party is wrong. Both can just be wrong in what they did/how they reacted.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Watch a CM ruin someones engagement by literally grabbing the ring and forcing them to move. What a joke.

As someone whose volunteer responsibilities include keeping people out of roped off areas, I fully and wholeheartedly support the CM's insistence that they move their event out of the roped off area.

However, grabbing the ring was inexcusable and might lead to allegations of battery depending on the jurisdiction.

rescue_ranger

I don't see that it's been pointed out but this was also a potential liability from Disney's standpoint. I don't know that it's visible in the video but there are distinct white lines drawn on these stages to indicate to performers where the edges are. The reason guests aren't allowed on or near these stages is because there's no fall protection (guard rails, etc) which means if a guest falls off, Disney is responsible. Would these two have suffered serious injuries? Doubtful but it could be a messy legal fight regardless.

Prince-1

How do we know this person was given permission to do this? All we have is the original poster’s assertion that he was granted permission. We don’t know if he’s being truthful, and honestly, given how particular Disney is with stuff with like this, my money is on the fact that he did not have permission to be there.

We have absolutely no idea but there are some very gullible people on here that apparently take Reddit to be a credible source and assume that people do not lie.

Now, with that being said the way that the CM handled it seemed a little suspect and probably could’ve been done in a better way.

Last edited:

Diamond Dot

We apparently have very different versions of polite.
It's an age thing. Please and thank you.

I did notice that the term 'excuse me' was like speaking a foreign language to many guests on my last trip there as they had little understanding of what those words meant even when, after saying it several times, I resorted to shouting it. Yes, that person was me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom