World Class Customer Service

Diamond Dot

You need to post a better link.
Personally I'm fed up with all these 'stunts'. It's all for social media at the end of the day, why else would you do such a personal moment in front of hundreds of strangers then look all fake sheepish when people congratulate you and then immediately post in on you social media account? Without even seeing the video or reading the post I'm applauding the CM.

Just found it myself. Kudos to that CM! And stuff those booing guests.

CaptinEO

Original Poster
You need to post a better link.
Personally I'm fed up with all these 'stunts'. It's all for social media at the end of the day, why else would you do such a personal moment in front of hundreds of strangers then look all fake sheepish when people congratulate you and then immediately post in on you social media account? Without even seeing the video or reading the post I'm applauding the CM.

Just found it myself. Kudos to that CM! And stuff those booing guests.
Fixed the link. Original URL was getting censored due to that reddit forums name.

Why kudos to the CM? The OP of the video said they arranged with the cast to be able to propose there.

mergatroid

It sucks but if you allow this, then they post the video on social media and 30 people are doing it tomorrow. 300 are doing it next week. You simply can’t let people get away with things in 2022.
Got to agree. Now if this was done for a make a wish person after hours or similar, then it's slightly different. However as you say once this becomes a thing, how do you stop everyone from jumping fences and doing it?

Now if they'd asked permission and that had been given, that's slightly different. That would mean the CM didn't know and did what he was supposed to. If that's the case then it's sad that it happened and they deserve an apology, but it's not the end of the world. It was almost certainly 'staged' by the couple for social media. If you think about it, do you really believe the lady had no idea what was going on? I mean if the guy said "Come on, let's jump this fence and climb on this stage and pose for a picture whilst our friend films it" that your average lady would say "Ok, sounds like a great idea breaking the rules" and not figure out what was going on? It's more likely that they arranged this proposal with or without permission from Disney and both knew in advance.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Got to agree. Now if this was done for a make a wish person after hours or similar, then it's slightly different. However as you say once this becomes a thing, how do you stop everyone from jumping fences and doing it?

Now if they'd asked permission and that had been given, that's slightly different. That would mean the CM didn't know and did what he was supposed to. If that's the case then it's sad that it happened and they deserve an apology, but it's not the end of the world. It was almost certainly 'staged' by the couple for social media. If you think about it, do you really believe the lady had no idea what was going on? I mean if the guy said "Come on, let's jump this fence and climb on this stage and pose for a picture whilst our friend films it" that your average lady would say "Ok, sounds like a great idea breaking the rules" and not figure out what was going on? It's more likely that they arranged this proposal with or without permission from Disney and both knew in advance.
I do wonder: who in the company would approve of this and why? I’ve never heard of guests being allowed onto a stage just past a fence. I imagine some nuance is being lost here.

mergatroid

I do wonder: who in the company would approve of this and why? I’ve never heard of guests being allowed onto a stage just past a fence. I imagine some nuance is being lost here.
I mean it's possible, a new CM, a soon to retire CM or perhaps a disgruntled CM? That's assuming they asked and got permission? As you say we probably need a back story or such to fully judge it.

Disstevefan1

If its real, its a train wreck.

The couple was technically in a prohibited area, if the cast member let them do it, then everyone would want to do it.

On the other hand, I would not want to be the cast member to have to break up this moment.

A question comes to mind, the way the cast member ran over to break this up really looked like their job was in the line.

Would this cast member lose their job if they waited 10 seconds before breaking it up?

ToTBellHop

The couple was technically in a prohibited area, if the cast member let them do it, then everyone would want to do it.

On the other hand, I would not want to be the cast member to have to break up this moment.

A question comes to mind, the way the cast member ran over to break this up really looked like their job was in the line.

Would this cast member lose their job if they waited 10 seconds before breaking it up?
Climbing over a fence to a restricted area is typically grounds for a swift response. If they don’t and people get hurt climbing a fence, there’s liability.

Just get engaged on the street like normal people. No one asked for exhibitionists on a stage.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I get it...they should not have been back there. Looks a bit harsh though. Running over there like that and grabbing the ring? Ehh. As you say, could have handled it a bit better maybe. Don't know the full story.

Club Cooloholic

I get it...they should not have been back there. Looks a bit harsh though. Running over there like that and grabbing the ring? Ehh. As you say, could have handled it a bit better maybe. Don't know the full story.
Waiting any longer and there would be more people trying this. It sends a good message, and if someone still goes for it they might find themselves getting kicked out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom