World Class Customer Service

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well his job might have.
Probably not...let's not get carried away.

What they did was wrong, but I imagine he could have waited like 5 more seconds for her to nod yes and then get them both out of there. Even kick them out of the park. If he walked over rather than sprinted it would have been over. And he has no right to snatch someone's personal possession like that...let alone a ring that is likely to have high value (breaking the rules is not an excuse to do such a thing). This action is why I almost think it was faked.

Should this couple have done what they did? No. Should they have gotten kicked from the park? Potentially. Was it necessary to end this once in a lifetime moment for this woman in such a way? Probably not.

Kamikaze

What they did was wrong, but I imagine he could have waited like 5 more seconds for her to nod yes and then get them both out of there. Even kick them out of the park. If he walked over rather than sprinted it would have been over. And he has no right to snatch someone's personal possession like that...let alone a ring that is likely to have high value (breaking the rules is not an excuse to do such a thing). This action is why I almost think it was faked.

Should this couple have done what they did? No. Should they have gotten kicked from the park? Potentially. Was it necessary to end this once in a lifetime moment for this woman in such a way? Probably not.
If the story is factual as posted - that the guy asked for permission to go up there from another CM and was granted it - then the couple did nothing wrong. And thats not really debatable. If they were told no, different story, but they were given permission and used it. Absolutely fine.

Argue if you want about them wanting to 'show off' or whether it would lead to tons of others wanting to do the same thing, but if this specific couple had permission then this is 100% terrible customer service & interaction.

Club Cooloholic

Eh, like I said he waits they finish they are now an example for all people to try these crap. As it is I think folks will

Ayla

You need to post a better link.
Personally I'm fed up with all these 'stunts'. It's all for social media at the end of the day, why else would you do such a personal moment in front of hundreds of strangers then look all fake sheepish when people congratulate you and then immediately post in on you social media account? Without even seeing the video or reading the post I'm applauding the CM.

Just found it myself. Kudos to that CM! And stuff those booing guests.
Screw that. The CM was a world class ahole. He asked for permission to be there.

Diamond Dot

Screw that. The CM was a world class ahole. He asked for permission to be there.
That is highly unlikely, just because the OP says they did doesn't mean he's being truthful. If you let one person do it then everyone will expect to be allowed to do it. The CM was polite and I wish there were more like him when you see people lighting up cigarettes, going where they aren't supposed to be or just being entitled and whiney.

Diamond Dot

He had it for all of 10 seconds. Good grief, no wonder the disney experience is going downhill when people think what these attention seekers did was okay and that the CM was in the wrong. Did they complain to guest services about the guy? No, because they knew they were in the wrong.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
He had it for all of 10 seconds. Good grief, no wonder the disney experience is going downhill when people think what these attention seekers did was okay and that the CM was in the wrong. Did they complain to guest services about the guy? No, because they knew they were in the wrong.
I said multiple times in my post what they did was wrong.

However, as someone else has pointed out, it seems they were granted permission according to the original post. If this is true, I am then wrong about saying what they did was wrong.

Kamikaze

How exactly do you know they didn't?

And @Andrew C is correct, a CM should never be grabbing something from a guest's hands unless its a direct danger to other guests.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I blame the French.
France Francais GIF by Budgy Smuggler

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
How do we know this person was given permission to do this? All we have is the original poster’s assertion that he was granted permission. We don’t know if he’s being truthful, and honestly, given how particular Disney is with stuff with like this, my money is on the fact that he did not have permission to be there.

el_super

How do we know this person was given permission to do this? All we have is the original poster’s assertion that he was granted permission. We don’t know if he’s being truthful, and honestly, given how particular Disney is with stuff with like this, my money is on the fact that he did not have permission to be there.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have permission, specifically, to be up on the stage.

They may have thought they had permission. They may have miscommunicated something to the CMs or the CMs miscommunicated something back, but that wasn't actually permission being granted. Something along the lines of "can I propose over there" and the CM saying "yes" without understanding they meant the stage... doesn't mean permission is granted.

Since there were Guest Control CMs surrounding the stage, I get the impression that it's use was imminent and that they had an immediate need to get the guests off the stage.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The only scenario I can think of where there CM's behavior the the video would have been inappropriate is that he knew that they had permission and decided to break it up anyway. If that was the case why be so polite about it?

Californian Elitist

It looks like he was given permission to propose to her, but in a certain spot. Based on the video, I bet they told him he couldn’t do it on that stage, but maybe in front of it, hence maybe why the CM directed them to go down those steps.

As a former DL CM who got asked for permission to propose in front of the castle and even on Peter Pan, I can say that this process is regulated. CMs will tell you where exactly you can do it and when to prevent any issues with other guests. It’s very possible that having the guests be on that stage was a safety hazard and the CM had to get them off of it as soon as possible for both their own safety and for their job security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom