working out for Disney

Songbird76

No but I tried once. They kept sticking to the tortilla press. Too much trouble so I just look for the least sodium ones I can find at the grocer’s. Tuesday’s are taco nights here. 😁
Ah, I use parchment paper to keep mine from sticking to the press. I have 2 friends here from Mexico, and they taught me to make everything from scratch, so now I can't stand the store-bought stuff. At least not for tostadas.

93boomer

Premium Member
Ah, I use parchment paper to keep mine from sticking to the press. I have 2 friends here from Mexico, and they taught me to make everything from scratch, so now I can't stand the store-bought stuff. At least not for tostadas.
I think my dough was also too dry cause they would crumble trying to get them off the press. Maybe I will try it again some day. 😊

Songbird76

I think my dough was also too dry cause they would crumble trying to get them off the press. Maybe I will try it again some day. 😊
Do you mind telling me how you made it? My friends said that they just do equal parts water and corn flour, but it has to be the right kind of corn flour. It needs to be Harina Masa, because it's been treated with something. I tried it with regular corn flour once and it didn't work at all....it was like wet sand and didn't form into a dough. But my friends said they don't use anything but the flour and water....some people add salt, but usually there's enough salt in the other things you put on it that it doesn't matter much.

Songbird76

It was another 2 hour delay. Lots of breathing exercises and yoga for the safety of my family:angelic: Stir fry(in) broccoli and tofu in a bit:hungry::hungry::hungry:
mmmmmm....broccoli!! Sorry about the delay, though. I swear, your kids are going to have to still be finishing this school year next winter the way things are going!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
mmmmmm....broccoli!! Sorry about the delay, though. I swear, your kids are going to have to still be finishing this school year next winter the way things are going!!!
As of now they have 2 days for Easter one of which being Good Friday which they can't cancel. If we get the storm next week they'll lose even the Monday off which is supposed to be an in service or something. There is talk if the storm is really bad they may have to go on Saturdays to make up the time. Works for me;)

Songbird76

As of now they have 2 days for Easter one of which being Good Friday which they can't cancel. If we get the storm next week they'll lose even the Monday off which is supposed to be an in service or something. There is talk if the storm is really bad they may have to go on Saturdays to make up the time. Works for me;)
Wow....are they allowed to do that? Go on Saturdays? You guys have had it crazy up there!!
It's FRIGID here....it snowed just a bit this morning, but didn't stick and it was REALLY light. But the wind is ICY!! DD had musical theater rehearsal this morning, and we just bought her a new bike and had to go pick it up, so DH dropped her off by car, and I biked into town to come get her and then we picked up the new bike and she and I biked home together. My hands were frozen even through the gloves and the wind was brutal...I'm glad to be settled in my bed with a blanket, heated mattress cover, and my blowdryer. It's supposed to be better by Wednesday, I guess. Hope you don't get the next storm!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow....are they allowed to do that? Go on Saturdays? You guys have had it crazy up there!!
It's FRIGID here....it snowed just a bit this morning, but didn't stick and it was REALLY light. But the wind is ICY!! DD had musical theater rehearsal this morning, and we just bought her a new bike and had to go pick it up, so DH dropped her off by car, and I biked into town to come get her and then we picked up the new bike and she and I biked home together. My hands were frozen even through the gloves and the wind was brutal...I'm glad to be settled in my bed with a blanket, heated mattress cover, and my blowdryer. It's supposed to be better by Wednesday, I guess. Hope you don't get the next storm!!
If we don't have the required days in before the required end date we can apply for a waiver to the state to go on Saturdays to meet the required time. So 2 more days off means the paperwork goes in. Or they may just take away Memorial day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We spent yesterday shopping from just after sun up until 4ish. Mostly it was just to get out and walk. Corned beef and carrots got done in the pressure cooker and the rest in a pot. I had salad and curry made with the cabbage and potatoes.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I went out for a walk with my husband today. It is sunny and not terribly cold. I might do some yin yoga before bed later on.

We tried to get someone to cut and haul away our damaged trees, branches. But people weren't showing up to give estimates, so we did it ourselves! We rented a dumpster and my husband cut the trees and branches. Anyway this is the dumpster filled with tree debris.

IMG_1872.JPG

Apologies for the photo quality. I couldn't get the whole dumpster, but it's filled to the brim. I would really like this upcoming storm to spare my trees this time around. It wasn't even the wind that toppled these trees. It was the heavy snow.

Sans Souci

If we don't have the required days in before the required end date we can apply for a waiver to the state to go on Saturdays to meet the required time. So 2 more days off means the paperwork goes in. Or they may just take away Memorial day.

That's crazy. I remember last year, they dipped into the kids' spring break here. Parents weren't happy about it, because some families do travel that week. Families got a mildly threatening letter about being students being expected to show up and that they would be marked absent if they didn't. I guess they don't have days tacked on to the end of the school year here.

This year, they haven't dipped into spring break. They have had school on days where they should have had the day off. They have also added one day to the end of the year.

93boomer

Premium Member
Do you mind telling me how you made it? My friends said that they just do equal parts water and corn flour, but it has to be the right kind of corn flour. It needs to be Harina Masa, because it's been treated with something. I tried it with regular corn flour once and it didn't work at all....it was like wet sand and didn't form into a dough. But my friends said they don't use anything but the flour and water....some people add salt, but usually there's enough salt in the other things you put on it that it doesn't matter much.
Sorry just caught up. I used a recipe I found online. It was basically masa and water. May needed more water. I just got frustrated when it stuck so have up.

93boomer

Premium Member
Just checking in with walking today. Weights later on. I earned my Monarch badge with my Fitbit! 2,500 miles since I’ve had it. I can’t believe I have walked that much! 😲Dinner is leftover turkey burgers!
Ps good news. MIL finally got home. She is doing great! If only we could get FIL to stop bugging her! 😡

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom