working out for Disney

epcotisbest

Oh, she also likes to be able to see who is calling or texting right on her watch so she can see if it is something she needs to check on or if it is something that can wait. I just emailed her and asked if she needed to get another would she get the same one and she replied "Absolutely yes, but don't go buying another one, this one works fine."

93boomer

Premium Member
Ok, I know several of you have some sort of fitbit-like device (AKA Cracker) to count steps and keep track of your workouts. My cracker seems to be failing...it's losing time, it doesn't track everything....I need a new one. BUT, I'm overwhelmed with all the different kinds and what they offer. I want something that looks decent, not like one of those big calculator watches from the 80s...and I want something that will track my steps, but also connects to GPS to track distance rather than calculate the distance by how many steps it records. A heart rate monitor is nice, but not necessary. What do you all have, how long have you had it, is it still accurate?
If I remember correctly, @epcotisbest , you got your wife a Charge 2, right? Or was yours the Alta? I really like that one so far, but I don't want to invest in something that's going to do what this one has and I need to buy another one in a year.
DH has been looking on Aliexpress, but those seem cheap and one of my co-workers bought one from Ali and it's already a dud. You get what you pay for? So I am willing to invest in more...I looked at the Fitbit blaze, but it's the style I DON'T want...too big and not at all nice looking, so I'd have to take it off whenever I went somewhere nice...I want something I can wear all the time and it goes with whatever I'm wearing. So, hit me! Comments, questions, observations?
Yes I have the Alta as @epcotisbest said. Both my DH and I have one. We have had them over a year now. I haven’t had any problems with mine. DH thought he had but on looking at it, his phone stopped keeping track of steps so it was his phone not the Alta. He now has a new phone so no problems yet. I didn’t care for the heart monitor so we got one that just tracks steps, calories, and how much water I drink. I don’t wear it to bed to track sleep. No problem with that cause I know I sleep well. You can set it up to track more things if you want. I like the small size and look of the Alta. I also ordered a pack of new bands from Amazon so I can change them up. Also, we both have ours set up with text and call alerts. DH really likes this so he can look to see if it is important during meetings. Hope this helps! :)

Songbird76

Thank you, both! I really like the look of the Alta better, but I like the features of the Charge 2. I wish I could combine the 2...but, I'd take the look of the charge 2 over the blaze any day, so I think I will probably go with that. Thank you!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Rant over! my boys had a half day starting late. I think my district is trying to squeeze in every hour they can at this point:cautious:. Some how and I don't know how:hilarious: I sanitized the kitchen, got 6 ,miles in and a short practice. Spring where the heck are you. I've done my share of looking like the tire guy just to get out but not much this winter as it has been either icy or snowy for so much of it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: second rant over:facepalm:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I took a day off. I realized I'd worked out every day since Friday, so I thought it might be good rest. :)

I lost four 50 ft spruces and my Japanese maple lost quite a few of its thick branches. It wasn't even windy, it was the heavy snow. There are all sorts of trees down today. I am just frustrated, because those were mature trees that provided us with privacy. Shrubs and bushes are easy to replace, but these spruces must have been here a while. Unfortunately, the wisteria is still standing and still reaching for a surface to attach itself. I don't like them. :cautious:

Yesterday was crazy. I live on a hill and they don't really plow here and cars were getting stuck in the snow trying to go up the hill. This one person was stuck and trying to get out of the snow and this guy in the car behind him was laying on the horn and shouting out the window at this guy. I am sure the person who was stuck was absolutely thrilled to be causing a back-up. :rolleyes: He was stuck for about 45 seconds. Some people have no chill. :hilarious:

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

I took a day off. I realized I'd worked out every day since Friday, so I thought it might be good rest. :)

I lost four 50 ft spruces and my Japanese maple lost quite a few of its thick branches. It wasn't even windy, it was the heavy snow. There are all sorts of trees down today. I am just frustrated, because those were mature trees that provided us with privacy. Shrubs and bushes are easy to replace, but these spruces must have been here a while. Unfortunately, the wisteria is still standing and still reaching for a surface to attach itself. I don't like them. :cautious:

Yesterday was crazy. I live on a hill and they don't really plow here and cars were getting stuck in the snow trying to go up the hill. This one person was stuck and trying to get out of the snow and this guy in the car behind him was laying on the horn and shouting out the window at this guy. I am sure the person who was stuck was absolutely thrilled to be causing a back-up. :rolleyes: He was stuck for about 45 seconds. Some people have no chill. :hilarious:
Oh I am sorry for the pretty trees!!

Sans Souci

Rant over! my boys had a half day starting late. I think my district is trying to squeeze in every hour they can at this point:cautious:. Some how and I don't know how:hilarious: I sanitized the kitchen, got 6 ,miles in and a short practice. Spring where the heck are you. I've done my share of looking like the tire guy just to get out but not much this winter as it has been either icy or snowy for so much of it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: second rant over:facepalm:

My son has been off the past two days. I am ready for him to go back in. He has been playing video games and getting angry when he can't beat the boss.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
My son has been off the past two days. I am ready for him to go back in. He has been playing video games and getting angry when he can't beat the boss.
Mine learned long ago if I hear anything about the boss levels no more game;)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Tell him No it’s not!!
@figmentfan423 could also tell him that there is theory out there that thinks that husbands are a waste of time and money.
You need to take my advice because I have just deserted my whole gender and I need to be right. :oops: I also just completely rendered my 29 years of married life as totally irrelevant. Perhaps I didn't think this all the way through.

Songbird76

Hello-

Ugh, why do people do stuff like this? So you are 1 minute later to your destination...is it really THAT big of a deal? I had to shout at DS yesterday to "GET TO THE RIGHT! GET TO THE RIGHT!" because some idiot was speeding right down the center of the street heading straight at DS and I and he was NOT going to slow down or move over into his own lane. Well, I guess it's not really a full 2 lane street, but the guy had plenty of room to move over, and he was going WAY too fast. We were where we were supposed to be, but it was apparently inconvenient to him that we were there, so he just gunned it. I don't know if he was drunk or high, not paying attention, or really just didn't care if he hit someone. He went by too fast for me to get his license plate number. But seriously, it would have taken him less than 5 more seconds to slow down a little and stay on his own side. No chill!

93boomer

Premium Member
Ugh, why do people do stuff like this? So you are 1 minute later to your destination...is it really THAT big of a deal? I had to shout at DS yesterday to "GET TO THE RIGHT! GET TO THE RIGHT!" because some idiot was speeding right down the center of the street heading straight at DS and I and he was NOT going to slow down or move over into his own lane. Well, I guess it's not really a full 2 lane street, but the guy had plenty of room to move over, and he was going WAY too fast. We were where we were supposed to be, but it was apparently inconvenient to him that we were there, so he just gunned it. I don't know if he was drunk or high, not paying attention, or really just didn't care if he hit someone. He went by too fast for me to get his license plate number. But seriously, it would have taken him less than 5 more seconds to slow down a little and stay on his own side. No chill!
I think people think nothing will happen to them. They just don’t pay attention driving any more. It drives me nuts every time I get on the road!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another 2 hour delay and my dh was not quiet last night. Today I'm roll edging a couple of table cloths, not exercise and they must get done! Sometime this afternoon I'll get to a practice because I'm cranky. Yea for leftovers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom