working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
I think my cracker is losing steam...it's not registering as much. Like...I rode my bike to work today, walked almost the whole time at work, and then rode my bike to pick DS up. So that's an hour of bike riding and 5 hours of walking...it says I did 20,000 steps, which could be pretty close, but it says I've only been active for less than 2 hours and I've burned fewer than 1000 calories. With 6 hours of activity? How would one EVER lose weight at that rate?
My DH has been having problems with his keeping up too. Some days it doesn't seem to register everything. :banghead:

Sans Souci

It's going to be 71 here today! 👍🏻 It's currently cloudy, foggy and mid 50s, so I am waiting for that to burn off and warm up before going out. But I am planning on going on a long walk today. It's supposed to be 77 tomorrow, too. ☀️

93boomer

Premium Member
It's going to be 71 here today! 👍🏻 It's currently cloudy, foggy and mid 50s, so I am waiting for that to burn off and warm up before going out. But I am planning on going on a long walk today. It's supposed to be 77 tomorrow, too. ☀️
Enjoy it!!! We have the same. Our temps are running 20-30 above normal around here. Surely Spring isn’t far off.

Sans Souci

I think my cracker is losing steam...it's not registering as much. Like...I rode my bike to work today, walked almost the whole time at work, and then rode my bike to pick DS up. So that's an hour of bike riding and 5 hours of walking...it says I did 20,000 steps, which could be pretty close, but it says I've only been active for less than 2 hours and I've burned fewer than 1000 calories. With 6 hours of activity? How would one EVER lose weight at that rate?

That doesn't seem right. Maybe the mechanism that tracks movement is no longer accurate?

I bought a new cracker in November and I don't care for it. It's very sleek and pretty, but it's not as good as my old Fitbit One that Fitbit discontinued. It uses batteries instead of charging and they said it should last 6 months on a battery. It's been about three months since I got it and I am about to put the third battery in. :rolleyes:

I got this brand because I still belong to Weight Watchers for weight maintenance and this one of a few brands that I can link to my WW to earn "Fit Points." I don't like wrist crackers and this was the only option for clipping on the waist band.

Songbird76

That doesn't seem right. Maybe the mechanism that tracks movement is no longer accurate?

I bought a new cracker in November and I don't care for it. It's very sleek and pretty, but it's not as good as my old Fitbit One that Fitbit discontinued. It uses batteries instead of charging and they said it should last 6 months on a battery. It's been about three months since I got it and I am about to put the third battery in. :rolleyes:

I got this brand because I still belong to Weight Watchers for weight maintenance and this one of a few brands that I can link to my WW to earn "Fit Points." I don't like wrist crackers and this was the only option for clipping on the waist band.
I think I remember you telling us about that...the old one being discontinued and you had to get a new one. Does it have a warranty? If it's not working like it should they should replace it, right?
I kind of want to get an actual fitbit now, but I JUST bought a new laptop that comes in tomorrow, so I can't really justify buying another expensive item. My laptop is a few years old and it was a very basic model even when we got it...no bells or whistles...we basically got the cheapest one we could find, and while it worked for what I needed, things stop working all the time...like....I haven't been able to use headphones for about a year. No sound comes out with headphones. I tried several different pairs of headphones. And I always used the touch pad, but that stopped working so I HAVE to use a mouse, which I don't really like. And when we got this, my husband promised me he'd put photoshop and office on it, and he never did, so now I can't do much on it anyway, so I might as well get a new one where everything works and have hubby put the stuff on the new one and all will be well with the world. We also got the kids laptops because DD will need one next year for school work and it's inconvenient for her to always need to use my husbands, and mine is really obsolete. So we got them each their own. But I feel like that should be it for a while...I want a fitbit, but I don't NEED it.

epcotisbest

Washer not spinning all the water out of the clothes. Trying to fix it myself. Ordered new motor coupler, transmission clutch assembly, pump and agitator dogs. May or may not work but I am trying to not have to buy a new one so if it works it will be worth the time and effort. Of course, I may be in over my head. This is what is waiting for me when I get home. Took it apart the other night. Hopefully the parts will be here today and I can get it back together before dark, and hopefully there won't be too many leftover mystery parts when I am finished.

washer.jpg

93boomer

Premium Member
Is his a brand name like Fitbit? Mine is just a cheapy and I guess you get what you pay for...
Yes. We have the Fitbit Alta. I think his didn’t calculate the steps one day. But, I think his was because his phone didn’t sync with it one day. Therefore, it didn’t register on his phone. And he thought he missed steps.
I haven’t had any problems with mine. And we’ve had them over a year now.

93boomer

Premium Member
Washer not spinning all the water out of the clothes. Trying to fix it myself. Ordered new motor coupler, transmission clutch assembly, pump and agitator dogs. May or may not work but I am trying to not have to buy a new one so if it works it will be worth the time and effort. Of course, I may be in over my head. This is what is waiting for me when I get home. Took it apart the other night. Hopefully the parts will be here today and I can get it back together before dark, and hopefully there won't be too many leftover mystery parts when I am finished.

View attachment 265577
Oh goodness! Good luck!

Goofyernmost

View attachment 265577
Mighty brave of you. I have worked on diesel engines, overhauled the engine in one of my cars and until I just decided I didn't want to do it anymore did all my auto servicing and small repairs, however I don't ever attempt washers. Dryers OK, but not washers. All I do is look in the want ads and buy one that is only a couple years old from people that are moving away and don't want to take it with them. Never paid more then $50.00 and all have lasted for years. Lucky perhaps. That said, someone has to fix things so there is a good chance that you will be successful.

About eight months ago I talked my son in law into replacing his car window regulator himself instead of paying $500.00 to get the dealer to do it. He has the natural mechanical ability of a gnat, but, I told him I would guide him through it. So he agreed. I ordered the part $65.00 and under my watchful eye he took out the old one, replaced it with the new one by himself. He hasn't stopped bragging about it since then. It is a good feeling when you can find a problem and fix it. Even with help.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 265577
Good luck. My dh fixed our old one when it was doing that. It turned out to be a belt. Did you check that first?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just checking in after a wayyyyyy tooooo long weekend with everybody off. My dh doesn't even go in until tonight. Today was 8 miles most of it outside hiding from my house lol. Today's scheduled practice is a rather zen one so I'll get to it right before bed. I also got quite a bit of cooking done. Tex mex lasagna for all, some gf/df mac and cheese with veggies for the boys and zoodles for me with the leftover sauce:hungry:

epcotisbest

Mighty brave of you. I have worked on diesel engines, overhauled the engine in one of my cars and until I just decided I didn't want to do it anymore did all my auto servicing and small repairs, however I don't ever attempt washers. Dryers OK, but not washers. All I do is look in the want ads and buy one that is only a couple years old from people that are moving away and don't want to take it with them. Never paid more then $50.00 and all have lasted for years. Lucky perhaps. That said, someone has to fix things so there is a good chance that you will be successful.

About eight months ago I talked my son in law into replacing his car window regulator himself instead of paying $500.00 to get the dealer to do it. He has the natural mechanical ability of a gnat, but, I told him I would guide him through it. So he agreed. I ordered the part $65.00 and under my watchful eye he took out the old one, replaced it with the new one by himself. He hasn't stopped bragging about it since then. It is a good feeling when you can find a problem and fix it. Even with help.

Yeah, well there is a fine line between brave and questionable. Parts have not arrived yet, so I'll try putting it back together tomorrow, maybe.
Saving more than $400 on the car window regulator repair must have been a nice accomplishment. I am a try to do it myself kinda guy, but I have also been a made it worse guy too.

Sans Souci

I think I remember you telling us about that...the old one being discontinued and you had to get a new one. Does it have a warranty? If it's not working like it should they should replace it, right?
I kind of want to get an actual fitbit now, but I JUST bought a new laptop that comes in tomorrow, so I can't really justify buying another expensive item. My laptop is a few years old and it was a very basic model even when we got it...no bells or whistles...we basically got the cheapest one we could find, and while it worked for what I needed, things stop working all the time...like....I haven't been able to use headphones for about a year. No sound comes out with headphones. I tried several different pairs of headphones. And I always used the touch pad, but that stopped working so I HAVE to use a mouse, which I don't really like. And when we got this, my husband promised me he'd put photoshop and office on it, and he never did, so now I can't do much on it anyway, so I might as well get a new one where everything works and have hubby put the stuff on the new one and all will be well with the world. We also got the kids laptops because DD will need one next year for school work and it's inconvenient for her to always need to use my husbands, and mine is really obsolete. So we got them each their own. But I feel like that should be it for a while...I want a fitbit, but I don't NEED it.

I am on my second one. They replaced the first one I bought in November because it wasn't working correctly. I do miss my Fitbit One.

I hear you on the laptop. Five years ago, bought the "cheapest" MacBook Pro and I was always in the Apple Store with it--after it was out of warranty, of course and it died on me 2 years and 2 months after I bought it. I gave Apple one more try, going a "step down" with a MacBook Air, but I don't do anything heavy duty on it. I'm not going to tempt fate, so that's all I'm going to say about it.

Sans Souci

Thanks for the suggestion. This one is a direct drive washer with no belts, which is why I have it so torn apart. Figure I'll either fix it or mess it up past the point of fixing. Either way, I will have tried.

I hope it works out, ours gave up the ghost a year ago. It came with the house and it was over 10 years old, so we opted to buy a new one. The dryer must have been jealous, because that quit on me in December and we got a new one. :rolleyes:

Sans Souci

Today was a beautiful day and I was able to get out for a walk. I didn't stay out as long as I would have liked, since I was kind of overdressed for the weather.

Then I did this awful workout that was nothing but variation on burpees. I almost quit, but I stuck it out. But I was angry with the whole workout, because it was 20 minutes of burpees. :mad:

I made notes not to do that one again when it comes up my rotation. 👎🏻

Sans Souci

Just checking in after a wayyyyyy tooooo long weekend with everybody off. My dh doesn't even go in until tonight. Today was 8 miles most of it outside hiding from my house lol. Today's scheduled practice is a rather zen one so I'll get to it right before bed. I also got quite a bit of cooking done. Tex mex lasagna for all, some gf/df mac and cheese with veggies for the boys and zoodles for me with the leftover sauce:hungry:

Tex-Mex lasagna sounds delicious. I wish we had today's and tomorrow's weather over the weekend.

Goofyernmost

I
Yeah, well there is a fine line between brave and questionable. Parts have not arrived yet, so I'll try putting it back together tomorrow, maybe.
Saving more than $400 on the car window regulator repair must have been a nice accomplishment. I am a try to do it myself kinda guy, but I have also been a made it worse guy too.
I totally encourage everyone to do that. I taught my daughters how to change oil and even do brake jobs among other things because I didn't want them to be at the mercy of a dishonest car repair place. When my son in law first responded that he couldn't do mechanical things I just said, the only reason why is because you have never tried. My grandson is the same. I fixed his bicycle one summer and he broke a simple thing a couple weeks later. He walked to his friends the entire summer instead of trying to fix it, even though I told him what to do. I don't understand that, if it's broken anyway what does anyone have to lose by trying to fix it.

Just guessing here, but, by the looks of the picture you have organized the pieces so that you will know how to put them back in. You'll be fine. A lot of times we screw up in the attempt, but, one should never stop trying. The money that I have saved over my lifetime would probably boggle my mind. If you haven't already thought of it, there are many, many DIY videos on You Tube. They are detailed and many times have one on exactly the thing you are working on.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom