working out for Disney

epcotisbest

OK, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer and here is proof.
At a Christmas gathering last night some friends gave us a freshly baked loaf of apple cinnamon bread from a local bakery. We had a slice each for breakfast this morning and will do the same tomorrow. Then, brilliant me decided to save some of it for later using the new FoodSaver.
Carefully cut a couple of really nice, thick pieces, prepped my storage bag and then hit the vac/seal button and promptly sealed it right up, vacuuming out all the air and crushing the bread at the same time. It could not be flatter if I stomped it. Lesson learned...you don't seal up fresh bread in the vacuum bags. Maybe that is what the optional canisters are for.

bread.jpg

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
At a Christmas gathering last night some friends gave us a freshly baked loaf of apple cinnamon bread from a local bakery. We had a slice each for breakfast this morning and will do the same tomorrow. Then, brilliant me decided to save some of it for later using the new FoodSaver.
Carefully cut a couple of really nice, thick pieces, prepped my storage bag and then hit the vac/seal button and promptly sealed it right up, vacuuming out all the air and crushing the bread at the same time. It could not be flatter if I stomped it. Lesson learned...you don't seal up fresh bread in the vacuum bags. Maybe that is what the optional canisters are for.

View attachment 180163
I freeze bread and other baked goods in freezer paper or a zip lock and vac seal the next day. No more squishies:confused: If you get a chance watch one of the qvc presentations or youtube for more info and uses for it

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
:) Happy zen day. I'm taking today off:) Not that I get to spend the day on my bottom:confused: It seems I need to do some food shopping, return something my dh bought himself(without checking if it was the right thing for a project:mad:, and hopefully have time for a quick trim before heading home to cook. Yesterday I wound up making minestrone with smoked pork butt because my boys didn't bother to read what was written on the vac seal bag:confused: I sent them for chicken and when I went to make the stock, you get the picture. I'm thinking maybe it wasn't a mistake:cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 180163

:hilarious: :hilarious: Sorry to laugh at your expense, but I found this hilarious!!!

Sans Souci

View attachment 180163

They only look a little squished to me. They still look like pretty thick slices (and tasty, too).

Sans Souci

I have been meaning to say this. I am sure you've all heard this, but Cuisinart recalled some of the blades on their food processors. The blades that have been recalled are fastened to the attachment with rivets and the blade can crack and break off into food. I checked mine on Friday and it has a crack by one of the rivets. I ignored the recall because I thought it was for newer processors and I bought mine in 2008. This recall is for some models of food processors manufactured since July 1996! :eek:

I did request a new blade and you can do so here. But I did end up buying one, because I use my food processor most days, but I definitely use it most this time of year. I don't mind chopping things by hand, but I do use it to blend sauces, make hummus, etc. You can't do those by hand! LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have been meaning to say this. I am sure you've all heard this, but Cuisinart recalled some of the blades on their food processors. The blades that have been recalled are fastened to the attachment with rivets and the blade can crack and break off into food. I checked mine on Friday and it has a crack by one of the rivets. I ignored the recall because I thought it was for newer processors and I bought mine in 2008. This recall is for some models of food processors manufactured since July 1996! :eek:

I did request a new blade and you can do so here. But I did end up buying one, because I use my food processor most days, but I definitely use it most this time of year. I don't mind chopping things by hand, but I do use it to blend sauces, make hummus, etc. You can't do those by hand! LOL
THNX I didn't know. Mine's a Kitchen Aid but I think my MIL's is a Cuisinart I'll let her know

epcotisbest

:hilarious: :hilarious: Sorry to laugh at your expense, but I found this hilarious!!!

They only look a little squished to me. They still look like pretty thick slices (and tasty, too).

It was a bit hilarious. I am sure the look on my face was interesting as I looked at my results.
My silly mistake turned in to a really good breakfast. My wife took the squished bread and made a milk/egg mixture to soak it in, then made some really tasty French toast out of it, so it was not wasted, but the French toast was a little dense...kinda like me.
Figured we should go ahead and use it now instead of trying to save squished bread for later.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked ours and it does not have the blade with the rivets. I checked the recall and found our model Cuisinart food processor is not on the recall list but would not have even known to check, as I have been avoiding the news the past few days. Just too much stupidity for me to handle without getting stressed and mad. Being a news junkie, I will ease back in soon...edited out the rest of the rant.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am in with a DVD (Tonique-Born to Move) I haven't done in about two years or so. I was in the middle of it and it stopped and fast forwarded. There was a scratch and I lost about 20 minutes worth of work out. :mad: I am finding that some of my DVDs are scratched and I think it's from moving three times in less than two years. :cautious:

Anyway, it worked my legs unevenly, because as I was working one leg, it FF'd to the other. I kind of want to buy a new DVD, but it's $35. It's a shame because it has 3.5 of content on it and I am only missing 20 minutes. But my legs are uneven. LOL

I think I might be unable to walk tomorrow, because it was squat-lunge-a-palooza.

Sans Souci

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked ours and it does not have the blade with the rivets. I checked the recall and found our model Cuisinart food processor is not on the recall list but would not have even known to check, as I have been avoiding the news the past few days. Just too much stupidity for me to handle without getting stressed and mad. Being a news junkie, I will ease back in soon...edited out the rest of the rant.

I am on a news moratorium myself. I have a subscription to an online newspaper that I read, but I am not watching the news right now. My husband keeps calling me to watch the news with him downstairs and I'm like, "Nope. I'm just gonna stay up here and listen to Nat King Cole sing "O Holy Night. " :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I am in with a DVD (Tonique-Born to Move) I haven't done in about two years or so. I was in the middle of it and it stopped and fast forwarded. There was a scratch and I lost about 20 minutes worth of work out. :mad: I am finding that some of my DVDs are scratched and I think it's from moving three times in less than two years. :cautious:

Anyway, it worked my legs unevenly, because as I was working one leg, it FF'd to the other. I kind of want to buy a new DVD, but it's $35. It's a shame because it has 3.5 of content on it and I am only missing 20 minutes. But my legs are uneven. LOL

I think I might be unable to walk tomorrow, because it was squat-lunge-a-palooza.
Good luck with your legs tomorrow and OUCH! Can you get a downloadable version for less?

Sans Souci

While I know some of you are advoiding the news just a heads up MSN's home page had something that made me think of @Sans Souci because they has something about the one dish in every state you should try and I wondered if you've tried disco fries yet? and @epcotisbest because they had 30 New Year's resolutions that you should be able to keep:)

I haven't tried them yet. Honestly, the only restaurant food I have had since moving here is Seasons 52, Hong Kong-style Chinese and Vietnamese.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! DH off all this week so trying to keep him busy and out of my way. I have my routine! :D I sent him outside to burn some brush.
The fitbits are really working! My DH always walks every day like me but he is checking it all the time and walking all over the place. I knew these were worth it! Lol
Have a great week if I don't make it back on here! Merry Christmas!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom