working out for Disney

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning! DH off all this week so trying to keep him busy and out of my way. I have my routine! :D I sent him outside to burn some brush.
The fitbits are really working! My DH always walks every day like me but he is checking it all the time and walking all over the place. I knew these were worth it! Lol
Have a great week if I don't make it back on here! Merry Christmas!!:)
To you too and give your whole family a big hug from me. I'm lucky my dh is working a few extra hours this week so maybe I'll get everything done in time:)

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning it's cold and windy so I did some yoga and LS is my friend. Lots to do before Friday night:mad: and:joyfull: Most of it is fun but like I said there's lots to do:hilarious: I'm making a large pot of veggie chili to take the edge of the cold off

Sans Souci

Hello-

I just finished another workout from the disc I did yesterday. Luckily, the scratch didn't affect this workout. It was a little shorter than I would have liked, but I started late. The DVD player is located where the cable box is and my husband had to watch some English soccer game. So, I had a little less time to work with than I usually do. TBH, I did pretty well doing 36 minutes seeing I am so sore from yesterday. :in pain::in pain::in pain:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Tonight I got creative and made blackened steak with onions, peppers and mushrooms. Served it with green beans and baked potato. I drizzled some of the skillet drippings on the potatoes. This was very good. I promise I am gonna start eating better in the New Year.

View attachment 180548 View attachment 180549 View attachment 180550

I'm drooling over your food (so what else is new . . .?), while I'm sitting here with my "dinner" of triscuits and hommus. :cautious:

What really caught my eye was that nice, big, black cast iron frying pan over the grill. Now that's something I would have never thought to do--use cast iron on a grill. Didn't realize you could do that until now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I just finished another workout from the disc I did yesterday. Luckily, the scratch didn't affect this workout. It was a little shorter than I would have liked, but I started late. The DVD player is located where the cable box is and my husband had to watch some English soccer game. So, I had a little less time to work with than I usually do. TBH, I did pretty well doing 36 minutes seeing I am so sore from yesterday. :in pain::in pain::in pain:

Maybe take a day off to rest your muscles. I'm not a fitness pro by any means, but I have read that if you're sore from a workout, maybe you're pushing yourself a little too hard. Don't want you to be injured for Christmas! Please pace yourself. :)

epcotisbest

I'm drooling over your food (so what else is new . . .?), while I'm sitting here with my "dinner" of triscuits and hommus. :cautious:

What really caught my eye was that nice, big, black cast iron frying pan over the grill. Now that's something I would have never thought to do--use cast iron on a grill. Didn't realize you could do that until now.

Thank you. This was a delicious meal. That cast iron skillet is probably 50 or more years old. It belonged to my granny and there is no telling how long she had it before giving it to me some 30 years ago. It has been used on dozens of camping trips, directly in the campfire, and on the grill many, many times as well. It is very well seasoned and has become almost nonstick over the years.
Oh, and it was used to make the world's best fried chicken and fried potatoes many years ago. Don't guess I will ever again have fried chicken as good as my granny made. She also made the best ever biscuits and made chocolate gravy almost every morning. She died in 1989, four years after my grandad, the two greatest people I have ever known. Miss them so much. (Sorry, got on a fond memory tangent there.) Can't see the keyboard for some reason.

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning. The cold is getting to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I did 5 fast miles(LS). I'm still eating in reverse left overs for breakfast a salad and a bit of soup for lunch and a smoothie for dinner. I'm seriously wondering how many calories one burns while hunting groundhogs?:hilarious:

Figgy1

Original Poster
Maybe take a day off to rest your muscles. I'm not a fitness pro by any means, but I have read that if you're sore from a workout, maybe you're pushing yourself a little too hard. Don't want you to be injured for Christmas! Please pace yourself. :)
^^^ winner, winner chicken dinner.

Sans Souci

It helps a bit with the soreness to keep moving. Luckily, I have more than enough Christmas Eve/Day preparations to keep me moving. Yay..

epcotisbest

Got home in time to get in a brief walk before dark today. The thermometer reads 42, but dang I was shivering when I came in. The big pot of Brunswick stew simmering on the stove should warm me up. I will have it and some old fashioned grilled cheese sandwiches ready by the time my wife gets home.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I made about 400 cookies today and had 2:oops: they were vegan and sugar free but not exactly heath food:hilarious:

I made almost 600 cookies over the weekend and had 4 of them. So my willpower's not as strong. Mine were not vegan or sugar free. Two of the 4 were oatmeal, though, so that's healthy, right?

Normally, I would save a vacation day and bake my 12 different cookies over 3 days, but ran out of time this year. Clearly, I'm getting old, because a dozen batches of cookies over 2 days wiped me out!

THNX not so much willpower as they're for the family gatherings this weekend and I don't want to have to make more:hilarious:

Preach! I give away all but about 2 dozen cookies to family, friends, co-workers, etc.

I have to go home tonight and make more gingerbread people, because my recipe only yields about 2 1/2 dozen, which is not enough, because everyone seems to love gingerbread people.

Figgy1

Original Poster
I made almost 600 cookies over the weekend and had 4 of them. So my willpower's not as strong. Mine were not vegan or sugar free. Two of the 4 were oatmeal, though, so that's healthy, right?

Normally, I would save a vacation day and bake my 12 different cookies over 3 days, but ran out of time this year. Clearly, I'm getting old, because a dozen batches of cookies over 2 days wiped me out!

Preach! I give away all but about 2 dozen cookies to family, friends, co-workers, etc.

I have to go home tonight and make more gingerbread people, because my recipe only yields about 2 1/2 dozen, which is not enough, because everyone seems to love gingerbread people.
My boys and I got our gingerbread done over the weekend and I made them grate the ginger:D(fresh ginger was on sale for 99 cents a pound and I like fresh for them)

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was another Tonique workout. I found it on You Tube. I used to have the digital version, but my old laptop crashed. :(

This workout was 80 minutes long. :hungover:

I have done 0 baking. Christmas Eve is usually at my mom's house, but this year my mom and my grandmother are coming here. So, I am cooking Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas breakfast and dinner. I am making and freezing biscuits tomorrow. I also ordered a peppermint chocolate brownie mix from King Arthur Flour. That's for Christmas Eve. Saturday morning, I am making a cheesecake. That is the extent of my baking this year. I'm keeping it simple for the sake of my sanity. :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom