working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!! Starting the day in the 20s but there is sun!!
Really excited about my 11,000+ steps yesterday!!! The Fitbit went crazy!! So glad I got this thing. My DH was in a meeting so it kept trying to get him to move. Drove him nuts!! Lol :hilarious:
Cleaning up the house and doing my walking inside today. DH off tomorrow and have tix for Rogue One!!!! We have been patiently waiting!
Everyone have a great day and weekend if I don't get back here. :)

epcotisbest

Good morning!! Starting the day in the 20s but there is sun!!
Really excited about my 11,000+ steps yesterday!!! The Fitbit went crazy!! So glad I got this thing. My DH was in a meeting so it kept trying to get him to move. Drove him nuts!! Lol :hilarious:
Cleaning up the house and doing my walking inside today. DH off tomorrow and have tix for Rogue One!!!! We have been patiently waiting!
Everyone have a great day and weekend if I don't get back here. :)

My wife has hinted about one of those fitbit things and I looked at them but there are so many different ones and they seem hard to figure out. Do you recommend a specific model and is it hard to use?

epcotisbest

Last night was breakfast for dinner (or supper whichever you prefer, we use the terms interchangeably here). Bulk sausage from a local meat market pan fried in patties, fried apples and scrambled eggs. Local sausage is so much tastier than the grocery store bought, mass market sausage, in my opinion.

sausage and apple.jpg

93boomer

Premium Member
My wife has hinted about one of those fitbit things and I looked at them but there are so many different ones and they seem hard to figure out. Do you recommend a specific model and is it hard to use?
We got the fitbit alta. It doesn't have the heart rate monitor on it. I figured I would get so stressed if my heart rate up, I would not be helping myself out much. lol It is very easy to set up by your iPhone or computer. You can track steps, exercise, water intake, food, sleep, etc. We just wanted one to track our 10,000 steps a day plus remind us to move each hour. The water count is helping us both drink more too. We love them! They are on sale at Walmart and Target right now--hint hint for the Mrs. :rolleyes:

93boomer

Premium Member
Last night was breakfast for dinner (or supper whichever you prefer, we use the terms interchangeably here). Bulk sausage from a local meat market pan fried in patties, fried apples and scrambled eggs. Local sausage is so much tastier than the grocery store bought, mass market sausage, in my opinion.

View attachment 179820
Yummy food! We eat Neese's sausage up here in NC. Our DD got us hooked on it while visiting her in Greensboro!

Songbird76

Oh my gosh, yes. When my dentist was doing this root canal that failed a year later, he kept saying things like, "Wow, this cavity is much deeper than I thought." while working on me. I think he was out of his depth and it was something an endodontist should have performed. That tooth would "make noises" from within, like a tapping noise. That was probably my tooth cracking.

Then I saw an endo and he said, "I can do a bridge or an implant, but I suggest the implant." I wanted the bridge, because it seemed less invasive and it was mostly covered by my dental insurance. But he told me the implant would last longer and wouldn't involve grinding down the two surrounding (and healthy) teeth. So, I elected to get the implant. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor when they told me what my co-pay would be. I know there is more "labor" involved in an implant, but it lasts longer than a bridge and it is better for your jaw bone. You would think an insurance provider would want to cover more of something like that.
Ya'll are making me very thankful for my dentist who always tells me how pretty my teeth are and that he could just make a model of them to show people what to shoot for. I think I might actually make up for how bad my husband's teeth are.

Songbird76

I walked to the new school building site today for the big name reveal, then walked to the Centrum to pick up the last Christmas presents. Then I headed to the bus stop, only to find that they changed the schedule in the last 2 weeks and I JUST missed the bus...I watched it go past as I was a block away from the stop. So I was going to walk back, but decided to wait for the next bus...which was 10 minutes late. I was SOOOOO glad to be home!! But I got my steps in today.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I walked to the new school building site today for the big name reveal, then walked to the Centrum to pick up the last Christmas presents. Then I headed to the bus stop, only to find that they changed the schedule in the last 2 weeks and I JUST missed the bus...I watched it go past as I was a block away from the stop. So I was going to walk back, but decided to wait for the next bus...which was 10 minutes late. I was SOOOOO glad to be home!! But I got my steps in today.
Congrats on getting your steps in!

Sans Souci

I took today off. I felt nauseous all day. I had post nasal drip, which causes a sore throat and nausea. :depressed:

I have worked out five days in a row, so it's not too bad that I took a day off.

I marinated tofu in soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil and roasted it. I made a "Thai-inspired" sauce out of almond butter. I cooked some veggies and mixed into to some rice noodles. I don't feel like eating it. More for my husband, I guess.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I took today off. I felt nauseous all day. I had post nasal drip, which causes a sore throat and nausea. :depressed:

I have worked out five days in a row, so it's not too bad that I took a day off.

I marinated tofu in soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil and roasted it. I made a "Thai-inspired" sauce out of almond butter. I cooked some veggies and mixed into to some rice noodles. I don't feel like eating it. More for my husband, I guess.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well, it really stinks you couldn't enjoy that yummy sounding food. GWS xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning, I'm looking on the bright side. I did a nice somewhat fast paced vinyasa and have a ls DVD that has 5- 12 minutes miles that can be done one at a time so I get my steps in. I'm going to try and not leave my house today, it's near 0 and the wind is howling. No cooking just chopping veggies for my salad.:joyfull: To all in colder locations BE SAFE!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning, I'm looking on the bright side. I did a nice somewhat fast paced vinyasa and have a ls DVD that has 5- 12 minutes miles that can be done one at a time so I get my steps in. I'm going to try and not leave my house today, it's near 0 and the wind is howling. No cooking just chopping veggies for my salad.:joyfull: To all in colder locations BE SAFE!

If you go outside in the cold, just run around and you'll warm up! Outdoor exercise is refreshing. :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not bloody likely. -15 windchill is a big pass on the outside thing:cold::coldfeet::mad:

Why?

Christos%20rsch%20dog.jpg

Just run faster, when it's a bit colder.

Sans Souci

Why?

Christos%20rsch%20dog.jpg

Just run faster, when it's a bit colder.

This little fella looks like the Jack Russell Terrier we had. What a handful he was! He was very "expressive" and whip smart, to boot. He preferred my husband to me. He was so naughty when my husband wasn't around! More than once, I awoke struggling to breathe to find him draped across my neck. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. :cautious:

Sans Souci

We got the fitbit alta. It doesn't have the heart rate monitor on it. I figured I would get so stressed if my heart rate up, I would not be helping myself out much. lol It is very easy to set up by your iPhone or computer. You can track steps, exercise, water intake, food, sleep, etc. We just wanted one to track our 10,000 steps a day plus remind us to move each hour. The water count is helping us both drink more too. We love them! They are on sale at Walmart and Target right now--hint hint for the Mrs. :rolleyes:

I have a Fitbit One, I think it's called. I am not sure if they make them anymore. I have had since 2013. It's been a great purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom