Wookies, & Rebels, & Droids... OH WHY?! The Anti-SWL in Disneyland Thread

mickEblu

So sad what they're doing to EPCOT/Maelstrom. That is far worse than a Frozen ride going into Fantasyland, no doubt.

I really want Disney to update Toontown instead of bulldoze it. They could start by adding an Ink and Paint Club.

I'd rather see a Black Cauldron or Sword in the Stone ride. If I had to pick a princess, I'd be happier to see a Beauty and the Beast ride before Frozen.

Ya a Beauty and the Beast version of Mystic Manor is a no brainer.

Donaldfan1934

So sad what they're doing to EPCOT/Maelstrom. That is far worse than a Frozen ride going into Fantasyland, no doubt.

I really want Disney to update Toontown instead of bulldoze it. They could start by adding an Ink and Paint Club.

I'd rather see a Black Cauldron or Sword in the Stone ride. If I had to pick a princess, I'd be happier to see a Beauty and the Beast ride before Frozen.
I agree with your first points about Frozen's placement and Toontown. The Ink and Paint club would be amazing. However, just because you and others have Frozen fatigue right now doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a great long term addition to the park. The popularity is starting to level out a bit as it does with all popular Disney movies. But its always going to be around and will definitely be seen alongside classics like Beauty and the Beast in the decades to come.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

Saw some Tomorrowland hate. Tomorrowland at DL is pretty much of a lost cause, but the WDW MK version is actually worth going into for the Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress and rockets high up in the air. I look forward to that stuff, whereas I completely avoid DL's TL unless I'm on the train.
I like your point, but that doesn't mean DL can't always restore it to some of the glory that still exists at MK.

D

Deleted member 107043

I would agree if it were going in the Courtyard behind the castle or replacing Storybookland or something. But I have no problem with a well executed Frozen ride in place of the Fantasyland theatre, motorboat cruise area (not sure if this is possible) or that expansion area next to Toontown.

Not to mention the abandoned Skyway station. Though not as dire as the TL situation, Fantasyland has its share of issues.

Mike S

Yes.
Double yes. But there is potential space for both, no?
Saw some Tomorrowland hate. Tomorrowland at DL is pretty much of a lost cause, but the WDW MK version is actually worth going into for the Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress and rockets high up in the air. I look forward to that stuff, whereas I completely avoid DL's TL unless I'm on the train.
Now if only it was properly maintained. That thing gets worse and worse every time I see it.

mickEblu

Not to mention the abandoned Skyway station. Though not as dire as the TL situation, Fantasyland has its share of issues.

I've never really thought of Fantasyland as having issues. But I think the areas mentioned are nice plots for a new attraction. I guess what I mean to say is neither the motorboat cruise area, skyway station or FL theatre are an eyesore IMO. I never even notice the sky way station. Is there really enough room there for a ride ?

Rich T

Saw some Tomorrowland hate.
It's not Tomorrowland hate, it's Tomorrowland mourning. At least we still have a wonderful Space Mountain--and Buzz, Nemo and Star Tours are fun.

They just have to get rid of the rotting PM tracks, build a new centerpiece for the land, put the jets back up there, put something good in the 3D theater, replace Innoventions with anything remotely interesting, and replace Autopia with a mind-blowing high-capacity E Ticket. Yep... that's all... ... ...

Rich T

I've never really thought of Fantasyland as having issues. But I think the areas mentioned are nice plots for a new attraction.
Funny how no one misses poor Motorboat Cruise, the Suckiest Ride on Earth. Even the temp plywood Gummi Bear overlay couldn't make it fun. The only thing it was good for was adding more waddayacallit (kinetic pizzazz?) to the area. I guess that counted for something after all. :)

Tony Baxter, I think, said they originally wanted to relocate Hook's ship and Skull Rock to that corridor area during the 80's FL remodel... but the poor thing just crumbled as they tried to dismantle it.

BrianLo

I'm so over Frozen. It's represented in Storybook, there are multiple Frozen shows between both parks, it's in the parades, on Main Street, it's in WoC: Celebrate (the entire "Let it Go")... I'm done with Frozen.

I am over Frozen being milked, I am not over it being executed properly. I realize the new musical is coming (that's what I'd qualify as something potentially being well executed). Generally they are clearing it out though. It'll be gone from Muppets soon, it has backed off of Fantasy Faire and WoC: Celebrate is nearing the end.

Until Frozen hits the same level of saturation as Mermaid (it's no where close), I think it's funny that people complain about it so much.

If I had to pick a princess, I'd be happier to see a Beauty and the Beast ride before Frozen.

Beauty and the Beast would be the other part of the puzzle. Hopefully sans Enchanted tails and with an actual attraction.

I think DL will pretty much get what Joe is working on at Tokyo, minus the Alice stuff and moving Small World.

Joe Lanzisero was lead on Mystic Manor... enough said.

mickEblu

Funny how no one misses poor Motorboat Cruise, the Suckiest Ride on Earth. Even the temp plywood Gummi Bear overlay couldn't make it fun. The only thing it was good for was adding more waddayacallit (kinetic pizzazz?) to the area. I guess that counted for something after all. :)

Tony Baxter, I think, said they originally wanted to relocate Hook's ship and Skull Rock to that corridor area during the 80's FL remodel... but the poor thing just crumbled as they tried to dismantle it.

That's too bad about the skull. Speaking of the skull, was it ever placed right off of the DLRR tracks, right next to the Main Street train station in front of The Jungle Cruise? Or was that another skull? I remember being like 5 years old and seeing a giant skull there that could be seen from the parking lot.

EDIT: if it crumbled in the early 80s than it must have been another skull as I was born in 82. Unless I was much younger than 5 and somehow remember this.

D

Deleted member 107043

I've never really thought of Fantasyland as having issues. But I think the areas mentioned are nice plots for a new attraction. I guess what I mean to say is neither the motorboat cruise area, skyway station or FL theatre are an eyesore IMO. I never even notice the sky way station. Is there really enough room there for a ride ?

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that theses are big problems in my mind, but as someone who clearly remembers when the Motorboat canals and Skyway landing were active I can't help but notice how sad they look every time I visit. They aren't eyesores like the Peoplemover, but they are unused plots that once held attractions that I wish Disney would revitalize - like what WDW did with the Tangled restrooms for example.

mickEblu

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that theses are big problems in my mind, but as someone who clearly remembers when the Motorboat canals and Skyway landing were active I can't help but notice how sad they look every time I visit. They aren't eyesores like the Peoplemover, but they are unused plots that once held attractions that I wish Disney would revitalize - like what WDW did with the Tangled restrooms for example.

For some reason I have no recollection of the motorboat cruise but I do of the skyway and those were cool. Was a really unique experience at the park and there's nothing like it now.

D

Deleted member 107043

Now that you mention it the empty Peoplemover track goes through that area too. All that's active there now is the Monorail and Autopia.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I am over Frozen being milked, I am not over it being executed properly. I realize the new musical is coming (that's what I'd qualify as something potentially being well executed). Generally they are clearing it out though. It'll be gone from Muppets soon, it has backed off of Fantasy Faire and WoC: Celebrate is nearing the end.

Until Frozen hits the same level of saturation as Mermaid (it's no where close), I think it's funny that people complain about it so much.

Oh, it has already. There's a Frozen poster in the men's bathroom in the IHOP across the street from the parks. The saturation is there.

The Little Mermaid is second to Frozen. I'm sick of seeing both in the parks, guests included.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom