Wonders of Life is Open! (Photos!) 11/26/06

kcnole

Man those pictures bring back such memories but it is such a shame to see the pavilion abandoned and with half of the attractions not working anymore. It seems kind of creepy, like a ghost town.

Boray

Thanks for posting the pictures! I really enjoyed looking at the inside of that pavillion again. I was just there a month ago and REALLY wanted to sneek a peek inside. I'm bummed that I'll probably never get to see it again. (We only go in October, and it sounds as though the only open time will be at the end of the year.) A new health-based pavillion would be awesome. Hopefully, that will happen sooner, rather than later. We'll see...

DarkMeasures

Wonders of Life always left a very stale impression on me whenever I visited Epcot. So does Innoventions and the two later Imagination rides. (but for some reason Spaceship Earth does not.)

WOW!!! That's really cool; I wish I was at Epcot right now! The pavilion seems to be in pretty decent shape from the pictures. I was especially glad to see people going into Cranium Command, my favorite Wonders of Life attraction. Just a few months ago we were doubting whether or not the pavilion would ever open again. I definitely wasn't one of the doubters!!!

"What do you think this is??? Disney World????

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
.42X wideangle. I was trying to get as much of the show in a single show as I could.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ok.. the first part of Cranium Command is finally up. Youtube decided to take forever to process.. lol

KnightRonin

Mini WOL Trip Report

Went yesterday (12-2-06) to EPCOT a little later than usual. We arrived at 3:00, since the fam and I were doing the 'Osbourne-Family-Tacky-Waste-of-Time' later that night. Went in the back entrance sure that the WOL Pavilion would be packed by the time we hustled over.

You could hear the crickets chirping as we entered WOL. Just my family and maybe twenty other people were inside.

We almost didn't go on Body Wars because no one was there and we thought it was closed. A CM (nice pajamas) had to beg us to go on. By then, some other families were starting to mill around. Some other poster mention the sych issues -- this wasn't as bad as the metal-on-metal creaking that drowned out the actual audio of the film. After a few minutes, it sounded like two battleships crashing into on another. Kinda scary. My kids loved it though.

Cranium Command is as cute as ever, except for the mold and/or mildew coating the screens. Ick. It's hard to really get into a ride when all you want to do is go up there and scrub away the filth.

The coils, pipes, etc. still weren't working, but the little optical illusion house made my family very happy.

The desire to eat overrode any need to watch the shows, but I came away feeling that this pavilion has made its last hurrah. It's time to see this place sent packing. I just wish that a remastered/updated version of Cranium Command could be saved somehow.

Just my two cents...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom