Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Bender123

If the simulators are gone all that is left is a bunch of useless electronics. If they used the parts elsewhere then it is only logical that they took the working controllers out and sent them along with wherever the simulators went. I don't know, but, gutting doesn't mean you take the the door knobs with it. Gutting means that everything that is a crucial part of the mechanics is gone, then it is no longer ever going to be restored. In other words I don't have an exact date for when those electronics left, but, it is irrelevant since it is no longer anything but a room with nothing useful in it, like a storage closet.

As far as I know, the stuff for CC is still in place, show set wise, that could have changed, but, that means nothing really. It is an area that they aren't using. It ends up being as good a place as any for it to sit and that there is no need to spend the money to tear it out at the moment.

Look at poor old Food Rocks...the stage and sets sat there up until the third Soarin theater stared construction. Same for Imageworks.

NickWilde

I have a feeling there might be something new for the 50th, but don’t quote me on that. But for now, the pavilion will probably remain abandoned.

TwilightZone

This is fun. I'm sure this WoL urbexing will trigger some people, but my appreciation for Disney grows when I see someone go behind-the-scenes to show us stuff like this. (I'd appreciate Disney even more if they would put something IN these unused spaces though ;) )

Wow I don't think even Sonswa made it here!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is fun. I'm sure this WoL urbexing will trigger some people, but my appreciation for Disney grows when I see someone go behind-the-scenes to show us stuff like this. (I'd appreciate Disney even more if they would put something IN these unused spaces though ;) )

I would hardly call that area "abandoned". An empty (clean) room and an area for power generators/ac, etc that is obviously still maintained and operational is not exactly the same as abandoned. My upstairs attic has nothing stored in it and one of the bedrooms is empty with no furniture. We do not use the upstairs much and the a/c and lights are hardly ever turned on up there, but it is far from abandoned.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would hardly call that area "abandoned". An empty (clean) room and an area for power generators/ac, etc that is obviously still maintained and operational is not exactly the same as abandoned. My upstairs attic has nothing stored in it and one of the bedrooms is empty with no furniture. We do not use the upstairs much and the a/c and lights are hardly ever turned on up there, but it is far from abandoned.

Would you mind if I sneak in and take a shaky cam footage of that space while narrating breathlessly?

;)

gustaftp

Who is calling that space abandoned?

Note that I said "unused" and "behind the scenes"... but not abandoned.

gustaftp

Yes, trespassing. A combination of being where you shouldn’t be and releasing footage on social media.
Are you sure that it was someone where they don't belong? They obviously had access to the space and the building, and that entire YouTube channel makes it clear these are Disney employees -- not guests.

That individual undoubtedly knows the consequences of his or her actions and is fine with the risk. And I am fine with seeing parts of Disney World through their eyes that we wouldn't otherwise get to see. Hoot and Chief's urbex of Horizons is truly fascinating and enriching. Can anyone who has read the Mesa Verde Times blog honestly say that they didn't get a deeper appreciation of all the detail that was put into Horizons that wasn't even visible to the guests? Doubt it.

Funny how so many people who ARE NOT the Disney Company get their panties up in a bunch over this.

Remember, Tower of Terror glorifies urbex. Hardly see those same people complaining about the premise of "trespassing" into a derelict hotel on the dark side of Hollywood. Maybe Disney should call all guests who enter the Tower of Terror "trespassers" to drive the theme home ;);)

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That individual undoubtedly knows the consequences of his or her actions and is fine with the risk. And I am fine with seeing parts of Disney World through their eyes that we wouldn't otherwise get to see. Hoot and Chief's urbex of Horizons is truly fascinating and enriching. Can anyone who has read the Mesa Verde Times blog honestly say that they didn't get a deeper appreciation of all the detail that was put into Horizons that wasn't even visible to the guests? Doubt it.

Funny how so many people who ARE NOT the Disney Company get their panties up in a bunch over this.
I’m not denying any of that. Nor condoning it. I’m just stating the company line. Terminations have happened - I’ll let you imagine who. I can’t go into more detail due to what’s happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom