Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

jt04

I’m not denying any of that. Nor condoning it. I’m just stating the company line. Terminations have happened - I’ll let you imagine who. I can’t go into more detail due to what’s happened.

How could we possibly know out of the better part of 100,000 employees?

gustaftp

I don't see how ToT "glorifies" urban exploration.
You are put into the role of an urbexer in a creepy derelict hotel "on the dark side of Hollywood". What reason do you have to be going into a place like that? You are curious... and checking out the sites of said abandoned hotel where you technically "aren't supposed to be". The whole experience cries out urban exploration and presents it as an exhilarating, fun, and dangerous experience -- which urbex is!

Having been in my share of truly abandoned buildings where there isn't even an owner to care (unless you think out-of-state REITs care about buildings they intentionally let rot) , I can tell that the Tower of Terror was clearly created by people who have also had experience urbexing abandoned buildings.

TwilightZone

You are put into the role of an urbexer in a creepy derelict hotel "on the dark side of Hollywood". What reason do you have to be going into a place like that? You are curious... and checking out the sites of said abandoned hotel where you technically "aren't supposed to be". The whole experience cries out urban exploration and presents it as an exhilarating, fun, and dangerous experience -- which urbex is!

Having been in my share of truly abandoned buildings where there isn't even an owner to care (unless you think out-of-state REITs care about buildings they intentionally let rot) , I can tell that the Tower of Terror was clearly created by people who have also had experience urbexing abandoned buildings.
I'd say TOT isn't glorifying, in fact, I think it's very against it. Notice all of the urbexers in the story die.

lazyboy97o

I'd say TOT isn't glorifying, in fact, I think it's very against it. Notice all of the urbexers in the story die.
The ending narration is very clear that guests do not die.

A good contrast is the Tokyo version of the Tower of Terror where it is very clearly established that the vote has been opened to the public.

TwilightZone

The ending narration is very clear that guests do not die.

A good contrast is the Tokyo version of the Tower of Terror where it is very clearly established that the vote has been opened to the public.
Huh always thought they die, maybe because in the dca version after the lightning strikes the guests are shown as ghosts.
I've only been on the dca version so IDK.

deeevo

Cry me a river folks. If you don't like my content then don't watch. Yep my footage is shaky. I don't carry around a tripod. Also sorry that backstage videos disrupts the constant stream of pixie dust you have flowing into your veins. It makes me laugh that the thought of somebody trespassing triggers you. What a sheltered life you must live to get so offended over somebody else breaking the rules. Made an account just to comment that. I wasn't fired. Somebody was terminated, but it was somebody completely unrelated to any content I have posted. If something happens of course the company is going to fire somebody. Its the Disney Way. Martin has a lot of inside connections and I do as well. It wouldn't shock me if it was some of the same people.
I had a feeling once your photo's made their way over here this place would light up like a Christmas tree.

HauntedMansionFLA

Cry me a river folks. If you don't like my content then don't watch. Yep my footage is shaky. I don't carry around a tripod. Also sorry that backstage videos disrupts the constant stream of pixie dust you have flowing into your veins. It makes me laugh that the thought of somebody trespassing triggers you. What a sheltered life you must live to get so offended over somebody else breaking the rules. Made an account just to comment that. I wasn't fired. Somebody was terminated, but it was somebody completely unrelated to any content I have posted. If something happens of course the company is going to fire somebody. Its the Disney Way. Martin has a lot of inside connections and I do as well. It wouldn't shock me if it was some of the same people.
Welcome to the boards!! Great first posting !!!

jt04

Was it Beaker? Martin doesn't deny it so that usually means something. Poor Beaker. Anyone want to start a gofundme?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Aggressive...

deeevo

The point is these people probably don't care if they get fired or not. It's not like Disney treats their CMs good anyway.
Yeah, I dont think 6 figure Cast Members are walking around with Go-Pro's. These kids will just go down the street to Publix and get another dollar an hour. There is no "Company Man" anymore. These Fortune 100 companies will lay you off or raise your insurance rates without even thinking about the $11.00 an hour employee. Maybe Disney or any other company that is worried about proprietary information being leaked need to think about treating their line level employees a little better and maybe the loyalty will come back and this kind of stuff won't happen.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom