Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

rle4lunch

Publix pays $2 less per hour than Disney. Just saying.

being friendly and courteous isn't really a "skilled" position.. just sayin. most CM's are more traffic control cops than actual customer service nowadays anyway..

move along. move along... stormtrooper level through processes going on there. ;)

Kman101

most CM's are more traffic control cops than actual customer service nowadays anyway..

move along. move along... stormtrooper level through processes going on there. ;)

They really are it seems. There are still tons and tons of great CMs but yeah, I think they're being stretched too thin and I think they are put in jobs they aren't comfortable in. That's a problem (not to mention clueless leads and managers but that's everywhere). And to be fair, potential employers tell you the salary you will be making. It's on us to do a good job (regardless what I made, I learned as much about everywhere else in the place I was working as I could). I've worked retail for a long time (in my life, that is). Lack of effort often stemmed from poor management above and it didn't matter what some of us made. But I heard the other line too sometimes. Anywho ... back to Wonders of Life.

Anything ever happening here?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Cry me a river folks. If you don't like my content then don't watch. Yep my footage is shaky. I don't carry around a tripod. Also sorry that backstage videos disrupts the constant stream of pixie dust you have flowing into your veins. It makes me laugh that the thought of somebody trespassing triggers you. What a sheltered life you must live to get so offended over somebody else breaking the rules. Made an account just to comment that. I wasn't fired. Somebody was terminated, but it was somebody completely unrelated to any content I have posted. If something happens of course the company is going to fire somebody. Its the Disney Way. Martin has a lot of inside connections and I do as well. It wouldn't shock me if it was some of the same people.
I understand one can simply disregard your twitter feed/tweets and videos but you don't see how folks see this as illegal? No matter what your capacity at WDW is? I think it would be egregiousness to not call you out but I'm not naive to realize that there is a demand out there for these types of videos as well.

WDW862

What salary range are you basing that off of? Just curious.
My salary range. Publix's minimum is $9/hour while Disney's is $11/hour

being friendly and courteous isn't really a "skilled" position.. just sayin. most CM's are more traffic control cops than actual customer service nowadays anyway..

I never said Publix employees deserve more (unless I'm misunderstanding your post), I was just saying that Kman's claim was that Publix employees make more money than Disney employees is false.

Cast members absolutely deserve more money than Publix employees.

Kman101

I never said Publix employees deserve more (unless I'm misunderstanding your post), I was just saying that Kman's claim was that Publix employees make more money than Disney employees is false.

I didn't say they made more money than Publix. I'm just aware of what some Publix employees make (no I don't and haven't worked for them) and it's more than $9. Is that starting rate? I'm just curious. I don't have a horse in this race. Not really a big deal, lol. I get better customer service usually at Publix though ...

rle4lunch

I'm not saying anyone is more deserving than anyone. I'm just saying that if your job is to smile and say have a nice day, well, that doesn't equate to "skilled" labor. No matter where you work.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I didn't say they made more money than Publix. I'm just aware of what some Publix employees make (no I don't and haven't worked for them) and it's more than $9. Is that starting rate? I'm just curious. I don't have a horse in this race. Not really a big deal, lol. I get better customer service usually at Publix though ...
Many places in Florida have been changing what their starting pay is for entry level jobs. But as of a year or two ago, Disney was one of the higher paying entry level jobs. Especially if you count the bonus of free tickets.

There's definitely places you could go with little to no experience and make more money (not counting benefits like free disney admission and guest passes and discounts), but Disney isn't the slave driver people make them out to be. It can be a very stressful place to work though and that stress isn't for everyone.

I loved it because despite the leaders at my location being stupid and often trying to push us to upsale more than Disney should, there was still plenty of times where my job was simply to make people happy. Playing games with kids and talking to guests while greeting. doing little magic moments like giving Ice Cream cones birthday hats made out of the bottom of broken cones for someone's birthday. Asking people their favorite disney character and then drawing it in whip cream (my Enchanted Rose Sundae for when someone says a Beauty and the Beast character was amazing). Little jokes I can tell at register that make guests chuckle while I also handle their payments and ordering in a quick manner that doesn't feel rush (The fastest rate of customers per hour for my group of CPs as well as the most guest compliments for that position because courtesy and efficiency can be done together if you're good at your job).

PLUS, I made more there than I personally had anywhere else because of how easy picking up more shifts or extending shifts was.

I definitely know people that hated it though. It is stressful and that stress is not for everyone. But I know many people who agree with me that the good far outweighed the bad. I know multiple people who were able to support themselves in an actual apartment while making loan payments and still have enough free time/money to spend at least 40 bucks going drinking at Disney Springs on an almost weekly basis while on the College Program.

Disney is not the right place to work for everyone. But it is not a bad place to work. The pay is fair at 2-3 dollars an hour above FL minimum wage for entry level college programmers with great perks.

Dunston

Cry me a river folks. If you don't like my content then don't watch. Yep my footage is shaky. I don't carry around a tripod. Also sorry that backstage videos disrupts the constant stream of pixie dust you have flowing into your veins. It makes me laugh that the thought of somebody trespassing triggers you. What a sheltered life you must live to get so offended over somebody else breaking the rules. Made an account just to comment that. I wasn't fired. Somebody was terminated, but it was somebody completely unrelated to any content I have posted. If something happens of course the company is going to fire somebody. Its the Disney Way. Martin has a lot of inside connections and I do as well. It wouldn't shock me if it was some of the same people.
LOL He is talking like he's a heel for Wdwmagic fans

gustaftp

THANK YOU for posting this -- and for sharing what you have found. For real -- from one urbexer to another, I have much respect for what you do.

It won't stop certain individuals from equating urbex to rape (yes, someone on this very board did that... :facepalm: ) but we now have some context. Having always been fascinated with systems and architecture and history, you are hitting all the sweet spots for me!

BasiltheBatLord

Hate on @BackDoorDisney ’s methods if you want but the content that the dude is producing is seriously impressive. My guess is he’s either some kind of CM with relatively high access (in which case he has balls of steel) or has a network of contacts who make content for/with him. I have no doubt in my mind that either he or his sources will get fired at some point with a life ban from the parks (if this keeps going it willl snowball to where Disney will have to act) but as a fan of this kind of backstage stuff I can’t say I’m not being entertained.

TeriofTerror

Remember, Tower of Terror glorifies urbex. Hardly see those same people complaining about the premise of "trespassing" into a derelict hotel on the dark side of Hollywood. Maybe Disney should call all guests who enter the Tower of Terror "trespassers" to drive the theme home ;);)
How do you figure? They quite literally tell us we're invited. That doesn't sound like trespassing to me! 😉

gustaftp

How do you figure? They quite literally tell us we're invited. That doesn't sound like trespassing to me! 😉
Ahem, the invitation occurs in the Library -- quite far along into "trespassing" through the Hotel grounds and lobby. :p

Though those of us who urbex find derelict and abandoned places quite inviting well before we even get on the property... :D

GordonR

So whats quite interesting from the video is the complete removal of the ATLAS Simulators, including their 'elephants foot' main floor attached points. Very clear these were properly removed and this leads me to believe that after refurbishment these are the 4 units deployed in Hong Kong for Iron Man.

Acidsplat

So whats quite interesting from the video is the complete removal of the ATLAS Simulators, including their 'elephants foot' main floor attached points. Very clear these were properly removed and this leads me to believe that after refurbishment these are the 4 units deployed in Hong Kong for Iron Man.
I thought they just used them for parts for Star Tours for a while until anything of value was stripped?

GlacierGlacier

It's well known that the Body Wars Sims were used during the re-programming of Star Tours for "The Adventure Continues." As far as their history after that? Idk.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They weren’t refurbished. They weren’t reused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom