Will We EVER See Eddie Murphy In HM?

David S.

I could see the queue of the HM going on for Evers and Evers if they tied it in the with film! ;)

Good one! :)

Both movies received the same amount of critical acclaim and fan reaction - 0% positive.

Well, to be completely fair, Haunted Mansion (the movie) has a fan rating of 41% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is a lot closer to 50 percent than it is to zero ;) The critics were a bit harsher at 13%.

(I only looked it up to see if a movie really had done as badly as to get a zero, which would have been pretty amazing!) ;)

Spike-in-Berlin

With all these new updates being done to HM and it's queue as of lately, do you think we will finally get the movie tie-in like Pirates received years ago? There are mumblings of yet another HM film on the way (which may or may not happen). So if HM starts to become a series/trilogy like the Pirates films did...will we eventually see characters from the film show up in tha attraction itself? There was talk years ago of an Eddie Murphy AA being built for the final graveyard scene of the ride. This, of course, never came to pass and only existed in the extensive Disney rumor mill. But now that word is floating of a possible 2nd HM film...could this plan be brought back to life? Personally, I am an Eddie Murphy fan, but do not want any changes being made on the final graveyard or ballroom scenes. I would rather see movie tie-in's being with scenes such as the hallways, attic scene, etc, where a Murphy AA could possibly fit in.

Erm...I mean....do you...what on...you're kidding right?

Spike-in-Berlin

I'm being serious. And Gigli was never a film based on one of Walt Disney's most well-known E-ticket attractions, like HM w/ Eddie Murphy was.

Not saying to have Murphy as the main character of the ride, but have him blend in to the story such as Sparrow in POTC. Nothing that would distract from ride elements that we have always loved.

OK you really seem to be serious. You seem to forget the tiny little fact that the first PotC movie opened a franchise that created four blockbuster movies in a row that have grossed more than 3 BILLION bucks.
Haunted Mansion was not exactly a box office bomb, it made some profit.
But nearly every one, including me btw, considers it a...well let's say a "not very good movie" and it only narrowly missed being a flop. I actually only have it recorded on DVD because, well because it's a movie about the Haunted Mansion and that's why I even keep an abomination like this.
I am however very keen on the remake, it is a REMAKE, not a sequel, because everyone at Disney knows what kind of trash the have produced.
So there will be no Eddie-Murphy HM-franchise! There will be only a remake or better reimaging by del Toro because no one on earth (except perhaps you) would ever want to see the Evers (haha) in the HM again.
And no one (except you again) wants to see an Eddie Murphy AA in the HM. Not even Eddie Murphy I presume.

powlessfamily4

I'm being serious. And Gigli was never a film based on one of Walt Disney's most well-known E-ticket attractions, like HM w/ Eddie Murphy was.

Not saying to have Murphy as the main character of the ride, but have him blend in to the story such as Sparrow in POTC. Nothing that would distract from ride elements that we have always loved.

Well .. it was a huge bust. A dismal failure... in a word ... IT SUCKED! Apparently no one liked it but you. Why would Disney incorporate something it's fans showed a clear dislike for, into one of it's top attractions? A good way to make the HM unpopular would be to put Eddie Murphy into the scene.

sorry ... but it isn't going to happen.

graphite1326

I think it's a great idea. Just think there could be Murphy characters throughout the ride as he is trying to get to his wife. He is hiddin in the attic, out in the grave yard behind a tombstone and in the end instead of "hurry baaaack" there would be Eddie and his movie wife waving goodbye. Great idea don't ya think?

PhilharMagician

I personally hope that Eddie Murphy never is added to the HM. I will say that I do watch the movie occasionally and seeing the ties to the HM ride is the only reason I would ever watch it again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I personally hope that Eddie Murphy never is added to the HM. I will say that I do watch the movie occasionally and seeing the ties to the HM ride is the only reason I would ever watch it again.
Same here. I do not have the utter hate for the movie that many do. I try to look at it as a cutie movie with some HM references in it vs a true representation of the attraction.

SleepingMonk

On a more serious note...

I wonder why a Christopher Walken AA hasn't been added to the Country Bear Jamboree?

The new Steve Guttenberg AA in Tower Of Terror has been such a huge success!

Jasonflz

:lol: At these comments. I actually enjoyed the ToT movie.

I think the Haunted Mansion movie had a great setup (good music, nice atmosphere, beautiful sets) which was all ruined by the comedic aspect of Eddie Murphy and the terrible writing. I think a period piece would have fit the film much better.

Hopefully Guillermo Del Torro makes amends.

njDizFan

Oddly enough this is my daughter's(8) favorite movie of all time. It blends just enough scary into the plot and still maintains the family vibe.

But of course a resounding no to any attraction tie-in

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom