Will We EVER See Eddie Murphy In HM?

Chrononymous

I wonder why a Christopher Walken AA hasn't been added to the Country Bear Jamboree?

I think I would kill to see a Walken AA. Just because I would never stop laughing!
Or at least some of the music they had in that film. I actually wouldn't mind if they replaced a song or two in the CBJ with something from the film soundtrack.

But being one of the 7 people who saw (and kind of liked)that movie, I know that's just me.

A subtle Eddie presence in the HM...might actually be sort of fun...have his head be one of the singing busts...

draybook

While I enjoy the movie, I wouldn't want to see a tie-in with the ride. That being said, I applaud the OP for this original thread. So many people here are quick to skin people alive for "repeat" threads, so it's nice to see a creative one.

Walt Disney1955

No..........Please no. Disney execs, if you are reading this please do not consider it. Okay first off, 25 years ago Eddie Murphy was famous. Maybe 30 years ago. He was a classic icon on SNL and he was funny. Then came terrible movie after terrible movie. As for Pirates, lets not kid ourselves, that movie was epic. It was popular, even the 4th movie did very well and already there is an iconic character in Jack Sparrow.

If they didn't add Sparrow, people who are only familiar with the movie wouldn't "get" the ride. And since they did add him, the fans of the ride also familiar with the movie still had the original ride with Depp in it but not too much of him to take away from what we loved in the first place. It was perfect how Disney did it IMO.

But can you imagine Murphy in the ballroom at the Haunted Mansion? It would ruin the ride, the mystique of the ride would dissolve.

Lil.Sweet.Heart

I love the Haunted Mansion ride and can't possibly see an Eddie Murphy AA fitting in. The movie should be kept totally seperate in this case. As for Pirates Of The Caribbean, the series has had four extremely popular and loved movies. The AA's added to POTC fit in well and don't take away from the rest of the ride.

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
I think it's a great idea. Just think there could be Murphy characters throughout the ride as he is trying to get to his wife. He is hiddin in the attic, out in the grave yard behind a tombstone and in the end instead of "hurry baaaack" there would be Eddie and his movie wife waving goodbye. Great idea don't ya think?
No, definitely not what I meant. That would certainly ruin the attraction and be beyond overboard with the character. I was thinking one AA, and only minimal reference to the film. Just casually thrown in somewhere (non- graveyard & non-ballroom) to reference the film, not drown out the ride.

POTC did this brilliantly (imo) with Jack Sparrow. Yes, he's there. Yes, it references the film series on several occaisons. But it does all this without (once again, imo) taking away from what everyone has come to love from the classic ride.

Lee

Adventurer
So if HM starts to become a series/trilogy like the Pirates films did...will we eventually see characters from the film show up in tha attraction itself?
The original HM film will never see a sequel.
The new HM film from del Toro is moving ahead.
There was never any serious consideration of incorporating Eddie Murphy into the HM.

In a nutshell...forget about it.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
No, definitely not what I meant. That would certainly ruin the attraction and be beyond overboard with the character. I was thinking one AA, and only minimal reference to the film. Just casually thrown in somewhere (non- graveyard & non-ballroom) to reference the film, not drown out the ride.

POTC did this brilliantly (imo) with Jack Sparrow. Yes, he's there. Yes, it references the film series on several occaisons. But it does all this without (once again, imo) taking away from what everyone has come to love from the classic ride.

Jack Sparrow is ICONIC. Jim Evers is not.

I am going to say this as nice as I possibly can...

Adding him or anyone else from that movie would be incredibly stupid, and unnecessary on so many levels.

invader

aFF7W.jpg

The only thing I would be okay with.. maybe hidden in the back. :lookaroun

ChristianG

I loved the movie, it was really funny. But I don't think even Disney would put any new characters from the movie into the attraction. It's way to classic to do that.

Prototype82

No one really wants Eddie Murphy in the ride so I highly doubt they would do this.

Second point; If they did, it would feel dated as Eddie Murphy will not be in this new film. It's been said that it will be a much darker film.

Tater48

I think the only way you're probably going to see Eddie Murphy in the HM, is if he's in line near you or gets put in your doombuggy with you for the ride.

pumpkin7

no, no no no no no! no eddie murphy. no. anything eddie murphy should be burned, let alone let loose into HM.
dear me. no!

Sarabell

to each their own, but I think the movie was probably one of disney´s biggest failures, and I don´t see why they would want to remind everyone of it.

Not only was Eddie Murphy not funny at all, but the whole storyline seemed somehow forced. They tried too hard to turn the HM into a movie, and sometimes when you have to try too hard maybe it´s just not meant to be a success.

Kirk88

You have to look closely but, if you pay attention in the streaching room you can see Eddie Murphy's career in the noose when the lights go out.

(I don't mean this to bash Eddie, he's been in some GREAT movies)

blm07

Wait a minute, did someone say Eddie Murphy will join you in your vehicle? Does that mean at the end of the ride he'll get caught doing something he shouldn't with the other person? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom