Will We EVER See Eddie Murphy In HM?

Prototype82

to each their own, but I think the movie was probably one of disney´s biggest failures, and I don´t see why they would want to remind everyone of it.

Not only was Eddie Murphy not funny at all, but the whole storyline seemed somehow forced. They tried too hard to turn the HM into a movie, and sometimes when you have to try too hard maybe it´s just not meant to be a success.
Agreed. But this time around Del Toro has a pretty exciting vision behind the new film that's coming out. I have faith in this new project.

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
and Eddie Murphy's name should not be mentioned in the same sentence ever again.
Not a lot of Murphy fans on board, and apparently the film isn't liked too well. I didn't seem to mind the film. Was in no way up to POTC's standards, but wasn't a stink bomb like ToT's & CBJ's dreadful movie attempts. It was enjoyable, had it's moments, and a few funny parts. Not one I would mind sitting through again. But to each their own.

mrg1106

In the Parks
No
Not a lot of Murphy fans on board, and apparently the film isn't liked too well. I didn't seem to mind the film. Was in no way up to POTC's standards, but wasn't a stink bomb like ToT's & CBJ's dreadful movie attempts. It was enjoyable, had it's moments, and a few funny parts. Not one I would mind sitting through again. But to each their own.

Well yea the movie was terrible. Guillermo Del Toro is going to make The Haunted Mansion movie 10x better than what it was.

David S.

Well yea the movie was terrible. Guillermo Del Toro is going to make The Haunted Mansion movie 10x better than what it was.

If it's darker and scarier, I'd prefer the Murphy version :).

I agree with Crockett in the sense that I didn't think the Mansion film was as bad as most here found it to be, but I also agree with those who would prefer not to have the Murphy AA in the ride.

And I also think that just because Crockett may have an unpopular opinion, this does NOT make him a "troll", as a few have suggested.

sbkline

I haven't read any other posts in this thread yet, but my simple answer to your question is, I hope not!

I wish they would have left POTC alone and not junked it up with Jack Sparrow and company. Can't they just let a classic attraction just remain a, well, classic attraction? If they think they simply MUST make a movie out of an attraction, can't they just let it go at that and leave the ride alone? Apparently not. :lookaroun:brick:

AEfx

I don't have any issues with the movie; it's cute, I'll leave it on should I run past it on ABC Family and leave it in the background as I am doing something around the house, but should the attraction ever be changed to suit it I'll be right there with the DoomBuggy folks strapping myself to the queue in chains.

(Though, I won't mind and will make sure I am taking the position near the new "interactive" queue, so the DoomBuggy folks can be in the "old" part so as not to give themselves heart attacks, which would defeat the purpose of our chaining when the paramedics dragged them away.)

acishere

If it's darker and scarier, I'd prefer the Murphy version :).

I agree with Crockett in the sense that I didn't think the Mansion film was as bad as most here found it to be, but I also agree with those who would prefer not to have the Murphy AA in the ride.

And I also think that just because Crockett may have an unpopular opinion, this does NOT make him a "troll", as a few have suggested.

Del Toro is using those words to describe it everytime he is asks, even though its still in the early writing stages. Though its still Disney so its gonna be on a PG level. Maybe Nightmare Before Christmas level of creepy. As a child its going to freak you out, but when you get older you have a sudden appreciation for the dark tone. Watch Pan's Labyrinth as a reference of the possible tone The Haunted Mansion could take. Though once again on a PG level, not the R rated level PL is.

Also if the movie is a success and they decide to incorporate it into the ride, all they are doing is incorporating a character that was in the original ride anyway. So in a way they would be making the ride even classicerer.

David S.

Del Toro is using those words to describe it everytime he is asks, even though its still in the early writing stages. Though its still Disney so its gonna be on a PG level. Maybe Nightmare Before Christmas level of creepy. As a child its going to freak you out, but when you get older you have a sudden appreciation for the dark tone. Watch Pan's Labyrinth as a reference of the possible tone The Haunted Mansion could take. Though once again on a PG level, not the R rated level PL is.

I don't know, I'm an "adult" now and I've never really enjoyed dark and gothic things. Never been a horror fan. Most things I've seen like that were too dark and intense for my taste. Part of what made the Murphy film easier for me to watch than the typical "dark" film was the light tone and the comedic elements. Thanks for the recommendation, but I don't plan on watching Pan's Labyrinth if it's rated R, because I usually don't watch R's, and stick with "family films". And even most dark PG-13 films that I've seen (such as the more recent Potters) were too dark, sad, and gloomy for my taste. (I loved the lighter, happier first 3, though!) ;)

But at least I can agree with nearly everyone here about not wanting the Murphy AA in the ride, "for Evers and Evers" :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom