Will There Every Be a 5th Major Park?

WDW FTW

MK already passed the railroad line, look at Space Mountain ;)

Those sneaky imagineers i never noticed, because you dont expect to see the train in tomorrowland plus ive never ridden it from what was toontown to the main entrance. just used it as a shortcut from frontierland to get to tomorrowland :p:p:p

H2Opolo15

Original Poster
Ok, I'm glad that this thread has sparked good conversation but can we get a little more back on track than how additional shops would do at the exit/entrance of MK?

Also, I understand now there is much more to be done before a 5th gate is yet to be considered. Personally I don't like the idea of a Marvel theme park because i see it becoming more of an amusement park and not a theme park (if that makes any sense). I definitely like the idea of a "cartoon characters" park but that seems to already have the ability to be covered at every park. I'm not an imagineer tho so I really don't know what would be considered a "good idea" for a new park. I don't think that will be necessary to think of for a long time.

Personally, I completely agree that expansion of AK and DHS is needed. Give people a reason to come back to the parks and stay for days. And for god sakes fix the Yeti already!!

WDW FTW

Ok, I'm glad that this thread has sparked good conversation but can we get a little more back on track than how additional shops would do at the exit/entrance of MK?

Also, I understand now there is much more to be done before a 5th gate is yet to be considered. Personally I don't like the idea of a Marvel theme park because i see it becoming more of an amusement park and not a theme park (if that makes any sense). I definitely like the idea of a "cartoon characters" park but that seems to already have the ability to be covered at every park. I'm not an imagineer tho so I really don't know what would be considered a "good idea" for a new park. I don't think that will be necessary to think of for a long time.

Personally, I completely agree that expansion of AK and DHS is needed. Give people a reason to come back to the parks and stay for days. And for god sakes fix the Yeti already!!

Soooooo back on topic--- it would cost more to prepare the land for construction on a new park than it would to build new attractions in AK and MGM and Epcot. So im gonna answer yes there will eventually be a 5th park. But probably not in my lifetime [edit] actually ive probably got a lot of time left, so instead ill just say not in the next few decades there wont be a 5th park

WDW FTW

Haha I have come to that understanding. So how long before we see a major addition to DHS and AK?

I hope they have some ideas in the making, but im sure much of the focus is still on fantasyland 2.0, and possibly this shady project z. but i would expect something new between the 2 of them in 2-3 years at the most :shrug:

H2Opolo15

Original Poster
I hope they have some ideas in the making, but im sure much of the focus is still on fantasyland 2.0, and possibly this shady project z. but i would expect something new between the 2 of them in 2-3 years at the most :shrug:

I guess we can only hope. There doesn't seem to be much going on anywhere outside of the Magic Kingdom that I saw when I was there a month ago. Aside from what looked like repainting the facade of ToT... I got to watch that for an hour while waiting for the "Rockin'" Roller Coaster...:hammer:

flavious27

Haha I have come to that understanding. So how long before we see a major addition to DHS and AK?

Between the two, I think it would be AK because the land that most of us think would be developed is mostly cleared and would be :eek: cheaper :eek: . I know, we predict disney would go the cheap route.

cheezbat

I completely agree with everybody else saying we need to build up the current parks first.

But once that's done, what's next? A fifth gate is totally in the cards somewhere in the future. Maybe 10 years...maybe 20....maybe 50. But it will happen. I personally would like to see another completely different concept park created. Something with MAYBE a touch of some Disneysea/water...mixed in with some steampunk, adventure, mystery...and high tech? SO many concepts are still out there waiting to be Imagined...and some Imagineered! :)

Disday

I believe the Reedy Creek report that was published in 2009 over what I read on Disney boards. It said that a 5th major park is projected to open within the next 10 years. People want to argue that these reports have been wrong before, but I don't think that they were predicting the great recession - which officially ended in 2009. I expect the economy to keep improving, thus paving the way for the fifth gate. I've heard from a reliable source that the working name is World of Marvel - we'll see.:)

trr1

I believe the Reedy Creek report that was published in 2009 over what I read on Disney boards. It said that a 5th major park is projected to open within the next 10 years. People want to argue that these reports have been wrong before, but I don't think that they were predicting the great recession - which officially ended in 2009. I expect the economy to keep improving, thus paving the way for the fifth gate. I've heard from a reliable source that the working name is World of Marvel - we'll see.:)
can you post a link to this please it sounds like a interesting read:wave:

zooey

I've heard from a reliable source that the working name is World of Marvel - we'll see.:)
This is impossible from a legal standpoint. Universal would have to give up their rights to their Marvel characters (Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Hulk, etc.), which they would never do.

BeachClubNut

Hello everyone! This is my 2nd post (first one not on the "Welcome" forum) and I have a question, but before I ask I would just like to say hello!

My family and I visited WDW just before Christmas time this past year, Dec. 19-22, and although I realize this is a busy time of year there just seemed to be a surplus of people everywhere making things uncomfortable crammed and lines growing to over 2 hours quickly after the parks open. So on our trip home we were brainstorming and figured what if they built a new park? I know they have a new value resort in the works but is there any possibility in the next 5-10 years of there being a new major park for WDW?

A CM told me they are skipping the 5th park so they can build a much bigger 6th park.........:shrug:

Im joking little Saturday humor as I get ready to shovel MORE SNOW......with temps at 7 degrees.....

BeachClubNut

There is a fifth park being developed and land is already cleared but won't be announced til after Fantasyland is complete... It will be on the other side of the road from Fort Wilderness campgrounds area... Its going to be more thrilling like California Adventure... Trees are being cleared but there's a very thick level of forest blocking view from the road........ You can tell when Disney is up to something big because they build new resorts 1.) Disney's Art of Animation, 2.) There's a DVC resort going up in the Fort Wilderness area... They build the new resorts to accomodate the higher number of guests... I promise you this is coming from a legit source, a family member works with a company who made new low VOC paint for Disney and the person looking over the project has taked with them bout using 100% of their paint in these new projects including Fantasyland................

The legit source is incorrect......it wont be the 5th park it is actually the 6th park, they are skipping the 5th park so they can make a much larger 6th park, that is why there is a very thick level of forest blocking view from the road. If it was the 5th park they wouldn't leave a very thick level of forest blocking view from the road......... I heard this from a very, very, very, very, very reliable source that sells toilet paper to The parks and they have contacted them because the 6th park will be much larger and have many more bathrooms that will require much more toilet paper this source is very, very very reliable.....:hammer:

Thurp

I'm dumbing this explanation down significantly, but, Reedy Creek keeps an eye on the amount of land and resources left in resort. Not only do they not dictate what gets built, they also don't have any idea what the long-term plans are for the resort. They just say things like "if you guys want to build a theme park, these are the areas that can support it."

Bender!

I don't like when people say something will be "just like ______"

I'd much rather wait and see something entirely new and original as a 5th park.

trr1

The legit source is incorrect......it wont be the 5th park it is actually the 6th park, they are skipping the 5th park so they can make a much larger 6th park, that is why there is a very thick level of forest blocking view from the road. If it was the 5th park they wouldn't leave a very thick level of forest blocking view from the road......... I heard this from a very, very, very, very, very reliable source that sells toilet paper to The parks and they have contacted them because the 6th park will be much larger and have many more bathrooms that will require much more toilet paper this source is very, very very reliable.....:hammer:
it will be named exaloo here are some preliminary pictures
exeloo_orbit_exterior.jpg

wait for the lap bars!http://exelooeast.com/video/
http://www.exelooamericas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/exeloo_galaxy_interior.jpg]

twizzy17

This is impossible from a legal standpoint. Universal would have to give up their rights to their Marvel characters (Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Hulk, etc.), which they would never do.

How much longer does Universal have the rights? Disney did buy Marvel for around 4 billion dollars right?

WDW FTW

How much longer does Universal have the rights? Disney did buy Marvel for around 4 billion dollars right?

Well yes they did, but Universal and Disney have worked out a deal so that Universal can keep the Marvel part of Islands of Adventures, but they are technically "renting" the characters because Universal either made a certain payment during the deal, or they are paying annually, i cant remember exactly right now. Hope i helped answer your question.

Bender!

Yeah, from what I can remember, Disney is honoring all existing contracts with Marvel for Universal Studios in Orlando. So Marvel characters are not allowed in the Disney Parks on that side of the Mississippi.

However, once the contract is up for renewal, it all depends on what Universal or Disney wants to do. Universal may not want to continue paying for the rights for the Marvel characters (for whatever reason), or they may wish to continue. However, if they do wish to continue, Disney can force Universal to end the agreement by raising the prices or terms of their agreement. But that could be seen as bad press for Disney.

However, I would never say that the possibility of Marvel Characters at Disney World is impossible. They're already selling Marvel merchandise within the parks, so its not like they're absent at all from the World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom