Will Dubai one day replace Orlando as the world's #1 theme park city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmychad

with all the violence in the middle east i wont be going there anytime soon, but why would i support a region that sees no problem charging me 3.50 a gallon for gas?

kshark

A sneak peek at what awaits Minnie on a trip to Dubai...
I hope she doesn't get caught having lunch with Donald or Goofy without Mickey in certain emirates... she'll be stoned to death!!!

Burka_Minnie.JPG

lol.. :ROFLOL::lol::ROFLOL:

The Mom

Premium Member
What would it be like for American women there? I assume Dubai is a bit more liberal than the other Middle-Eastern countries, but will the American women have to be fully covered? I'm sure my wife wouldn't be too happy to learn that she can't wear tank tops or shorts. Anyone know if there'd be a dress code there?

As long as you stay within the tourist area, dress would not be an issue. I actually know a woman, and her 20 year old daughter, who have travelled there with their husband/father. They sent me photos, and both were wearing tanks with spaghetti straps, and shorts. (They have the figures for them. ;)) They wore bikinis in the pool, etc without any incidents.

BTW, the landscaping/ buildings are beautiful.

However, they did draw the line on moving there while the husband/dad was working on the project, even though he spent a lot of time commuting, and the company offered him a lot of money to do so.

So, in short, as long as you stay in the tourist areas, you'll be fine. I wouldn't do a lot of sightseeing in the countryside, however. ;)

Also, as an aside, anyone who knows a golf fanatic knows that they would spend 16 hrs/day golfing on vacation, if they could get away with it, so lack of activities wouldn't be an issue. :lol:

And the ski slope is not much for US skiers; it is more akin to the bunny slopes at most ski resorts. (At least that was my impression from photos)

Cane27

Shoot, we should be able to go for free-we essentially paid for the damn thing.

How come they didn't put that Jihad Mickey in the video- the one that was in the palestinian children's show?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Shoot, we should be able to go for free-we essentially paid for the damn thing.

How come they didn't put that Jihad Mickey in the video- the one that was in the palestinian children's show?

Didn't they kill him off as a martyr ?

I don't think they're familiar with Kenny from South Park.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Wow...so many negative responses on this page...just because its "the middle east" doesn't mean it has anything to do with our cost of gasoline or palestinians...

and people wonder why Americans are viewed so badly sometimes...

kimmychad

i personally dont care why americans are hated so badly, that is a whole arguement itself. but i do find it funny so many countries can hate the united states but we're so popular when it comes to tourism. you would think nobody would want to come here the way some countries feel about americans

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i personally dont care why americans are hated so badly, that is a whole arguement itself. but i do find it funny so many countries can hate the united states but we're so popular when it comes to tourism. you would think nobody would want to come here the way some countries feel about americans
we're so popular that foreign tourist numbers on a whole are on a downswing.

kimmychad

ok and please explain how thats bad. how many illegal americans are in other countries? this is a great country that people are dying (literally) to get into to and i get tired of people saying how much we're hated.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) March 10, 2008 - The number of foreign visitors to the United States set a record in 2007 for the first time since before the September 11 attacks on the United States, the U.S. Commerce Department said on Monday.
Foreign visitor numbers totaled 56.7 million, surpassing the previous record of 51.2 million set in 2000, U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez said.
"At a time when our economy is sluggish in other parts, such as the housing market, it's great to have a bright spot like tourism that is adding growth and energy and employment to our economy," Gutierrez said.
Foreign visitors also spent a record $122.7 billion in the United States last year, a rise of more than 50 percent from a low set in 2003 in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, Gutierrez said.

toystoryma

I sure will never go there, it all looks completely copied one way or another, it looks like "orlando" in the desert..

bah.. I would never go!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WASHINGTON (Reuters) March 10, 2008 - The number of foreign visitors to the United States set a record in 2007 for the first time since before the September 11 attacks on the United States, the U.S. Commerce Department said on Monday.
Foreign visitor numbers totaled 56.7 million, surpassing the previous record of 51.2 million set in 2000, U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez said.
"At a time when our economy is sluggish in other parts, such as the housing market, it's great to have a bright spot like tourism that is adding growth and energy and employment to our economy," Gutierrez said.
Foreign visitors also spent a record $122.7 billion in the United States last year, a rise of more than 50 percent from a low set in 2003 in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, Gutierrez said.
wow... that's changed in the past several months.

Norm The Skull

Never Happen

Well This looks all good but it will never happen.

Not that big a scale anyway.

They say it will be finished in 2018.

I bet you it wont happen until 2038.

Buy then I will be an old man and still won't care

Why go to the copy when you can go to the original.

Disney Rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom