Will Dubai one day replace Orlando as the world's #1 theme park city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeatles

I think it has the potential to steal Disney's thunder in terms of European visitors.

In my eyes...

It may be prettier, may be bigger, but will never be Disney.

OR

Maybe it will be such a threat that Disney is forced to push their creative talent to the limit.

Just read thier site...Barney is coming to Dubailand in a theme park by Hit Entertainment called "Little Big Club"
Ernie Els's Course I think is already up and running, and Tiger Wood's course is joining DubaiLand next year. Theres alao the world's bigges cricket venue, wich is suppose to host huge world championships. Also a huge polo/equestrian center, auto race track, museums, and theres even an outlet mall.
I will never fly that far for entertainment , or golf, etc, but Dubailand will be a major player in the world as a vacation destination.. More so for Europe and Asia than the US.
The Airport is even smack in the middle of the project area. Much like Walt Disney had planned when the Disney World concept for his property was introduced in the late 1960's. I think the Devolopers in Dubai watched that old TV show a few time where Walt unveiled (no pun intended) WDW to the world.

scottb411

Just because...

Just because Tiger Woods designed the golf course does not mean you will get to play golf with him. Orlando properties in Dubai (Busch and Universal) will succeed. Everything else will fail, including the condo-hotels I'm sure they were planning on selling. When Boardwalk and Baseball and Splendid China can't survive in Orlando and Cypress Gardens and Holy Land are on life support, this will show the fate of all of the second rate attractions that will be built in Dubai.

I hope it does succeed though as a nice family vacation may help stem the anger in a lot of the poor nations and help stabalize the middle east. I think the world would be a better place if they had some fun and leisure in their lives.

Tom Morrow

A sneak peek at what awaits Minnie on a trip to Dubai...
I hope she doesn't get caught having lunch with Donald or Goofy without Mickey in certain emirates... she'll be stoned to death!!!

Burka_Minnie.JPG
Well, theres the most racist post I've seen on the internet in a while.

...BTW, the landscaping/ buildings are beautiful.

However, they did draw the line on moving there while the husband/dad was working on the project, even though he spent a lot of time commuting, and the company offered him a lot of money to do so....

Yea, I would have drawn the line too. But it does look very pretty there.

Wow...so many negative responses on this page...just because its "the middle east" doesn't mean it has anything to do with our cost of gasoline or palestinians...

and people wonder why Americans are viewed so badly sometimes...

Well, I'll give you the gasoline one, UAE doesn't really have much oil anymore. Though...

Noting my 2 original posts, I've been dubious of the logistics, and a little frightened off by some of the laws there, but rather hopeful.

While I do think the image is a bit below the belt, keep in mind, Israeli's simply may not legally enter the country, and those with Israeli visas will have some extra time in security, simply being gay is illegal, and domestic violence is, more or less, legal.

But the post that kind of sums up my opinion best was this one:

...I hope it does succeed though as a nice family vacation may help stem the anger in a lot of the poor nations and help stabalize the middle east. I think the world would be a better place if they had some fun and leisure in their lives.

I guess I'd put it as building bridges, which I hope it does. (But don't put WDW's finances in the red.) The UAE is making strides culturally, and I hope they keep it up.

Syntho_Magnetic

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

You obviously lead a sheltered posting life, however before heading for the PC moral highground I would take the time to read some of the sites that cover the middle east (the non agenda backed ones).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Originally Posted by Tom Morrow
You obviously lead a sheltered posting life, however before heading for the PC moral highground I would take the time to read some of the sites that cover the middle east (the non agenda backed ones).

Besides that, maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't a racist remark have to specify a race?

Since when is the middle east a race?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Besides that, maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't a racist remark have to specify a race?

It isn't a race, it's a region of the world. People from the middle east can belong to a varying number of races and belong to many different cultures.

Fun2BFree

rac·ism
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

You would be correct, Unkadug. ;)

Cane27

Try having this conversation over there and see what happens.

They would just as much like to see the West disappear from the earth, but yet they are not afraid to take our money and flaunt it.

Cane27

Wow...so many negative responses on this page...just because its "the middle east" doesn't mean it has anything to do with our cost of gasoline or palestinians...

and people wonder why Americans are viewed so badly sometimes...

The only time we're not viewed badly is when the crap hits the fan. Then we're suddenly everyone's best friend again.

mkt

Premium Member
Try having this conversation over there and see what happens.

They would just as much like to see the West disappear from the earth, but yet they are not afraid to take our money and flaunt it.
What goes around, comes around.

It can be said that we, as the west, haven't been exactly sensitive to their culture throughout history, and this is simply us getting our just desserts.

But what do I know? I only study history for fun.

Cane27

It can be said that we, as the west, haven't been exactly sensitive to their culture throughout history, and this is simply us getting our just desserts.

Stop watching so much CNN.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Thats it blame the Brits, we cant help having controlled so much of the planet, youll notice its only when we stopped running the place that things fell apart. I mean you dont need to look to far from home.:animwink:

mkt

Premium Member
Thats it blame the Brits, we cant help having controlled so much of the planet, youll notice its only when we stopped running the place that things fell apart. I mean you dont need to look to far from home.:animwink:
If by kept from "falling apart" you mean kept comfortable for the controlling native British minorities while they rob the wealth of the host countries while the lucky natives are kept as house staff and the unlucky ones repressed and forced to convert to christianity under penalty of death, then the world was quite together at that point.

Cane27

Last thing-

It's the historical past efforts of the evil West that still allows us to have discussions like this.

Isn't that a good thing?

But back to Disney... Be there next Wednesday for a one day excursion.

Take Care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom