Will Dubai one day replace Orlando as the world's #1 theme park city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If by kept from "falling apart" you mean kept comfortable for the controlling native British minorities while they rob the wealth of the host countries while the lucky natives are kept as house staff and the unlucky ones repressed and forced to convert to christianity under penalty of death, then the world was quite together at that point.

Oh dear, I take it youre history studies have been rather unsuccessful then, or at least taught by a descendant of the tattie picking variety.

Still seems like the US has picked up where we left off.

Tom Morrow

You obviously lead a sheltered posting life, however before heading for the PC moral highground I would take the time to read some of the sites that cover the middle east (the non agenda backed ones).

Believe me, I've seen the worst of the internet.

It was just a stupid, ignorant joke that is very typical of closed-minded, uncultured americans. The same ones that walk around world showcase, obliviously patronizing the cast members with stereotypes, laughing at their "goofy" customs, and whatnot.

Also, racism, prejudice, politically incorrect, whatever. You know what I meant.

Or you could read the post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS.

Let me rephrase: "thats an ignorant post"

This is obviously not the place to have a philosophical debate. If you want to email me feel free. But I must let you know I have traveled the world, in the military and as a civilian. Uncultured American is funny to me, you make me laugh. If I had to guess, you are a young man/woman, probably in his/her early 20's, who has been given his/her moral compass by a few college courses. Taught undoubtedly by self-hating American professors. Uncultured American, try UN-APOLOGETIC AMERICAN.

By the way, calling people names, such as Uncultured-American is the definition of racist???

Go ahead post your reply, then we can take this debate off this thread, email me if you want to continue this dialog.

Tom Morrow

This is obviously not the place to have a philosophical debate. If you want to email me feel free. But I must let you know I have traveled the world, in the military and as a civilian. Uncultured American is funny to me, you make me laugh.
I'm not going to email you. This is a public discussion forum.

So tell me. Someone as well traveled as you - why are you defending the mocking of another culture's beliefs/customs/etc? Yes, I realize that it was a relatively harmless and weak joke, but its still ignorant.

If I had to guess, you are a young man/woman, probably in his/her early 20's ]who has been given his/her moral compass by a few college courses. Taught undoubtedly by self-hating American professors.
Actually, I think most college professors are windbags, but thanks for making that assumption.

Uncultured American, try UN-APOLOGETIC AMERICAN.
I'm confused... what exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying I should apologize? For what?

By the way, calling people names, such as Uncultured-American is the definition of racist???
No, not by the definition that you guys provided. I mean, you used the term even more incorrectly than I did.

Basically what I meant was, while the image you posted was relatively harmless, you posted it for the sheer sake of laughing at their cultural differences.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Times like this are when I hide my US passport and let my EU (Spain) passport show.

No hablo Ingles.

in before the lock!

PhotoDave219

... I'm not wading through 7 pages of BS to toss my 2 cents in.

I don't think the average, common working-class Guest (American or European) will be able to afford to go to Dubai in their lifetime, let alone to a theme park there.

Look into the book "Rigged" by Ben Mezrich. Its about Dubai and the creation of a crude oil exchange there. Anyways, the culture that is described there would not fit economically or socially with the average guest that I've witnessed (or surveyed) at WDW.

Orlando has a different appeal. Orlando and Dubai can peacefully coexist, its a different demographic they're after. However Dubai makes better sense than someplace like India or elsewhere in the middle east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom