Will an Indy Adventure ever come to Disney???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
Well I don't know what you guys are talkin about. For the last time....the Indy Stunt Show won't last forever in the future. Some type of Major Attraction will have to be put in place of the Old Stunt Show. We don't know but an Indy Adventure is still an option,I don't care what you guys say,A water ride is an option or even something else exciting. It's all in the works.:animwink:

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
It's much cheaper for Disney to do a clone of Indy from DL than to build a new Indy ride... and Disney doesn't have the rights to create a new Indy ride... Lucas still wants a new Star Wars ride. I doubt he'll let a new Indy ride go forward before he gets his Star Wars updates.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
JayDarkKnight25 said:
Well I don't know what you guys are talkin about. For the last time....the Indy Stunt Show won't last forever in the future. Some type of Major Attraction will have to be put in place of the Old Stunt Show. We don't know but an Indy Adventure is still an option,I don't care what you guys say,A water ride is an option or even something else exciting. It's all in the works.:animwink:

Issues...... :p

Lynx04

FamilyMan said:
It's much cheaper for Disney to do a clone of Indy from DL than to build a new Indy ride... and Disney doesn't have the rights to create a new Indy ride... Lucas still wants a new Star Wars ride. I doubt he'll let a new Indy ride go forward before he gets his Star Wars updates.

So you would prefer Disney to take the cheap way out instead of creating a new experience? I am not argueing that clones are cheaper, that is a no brainer. But why would you want to settle for a clone, I read about a lot of people complaining about Eisner doing things on the cheap, and yet everybody wants to see a clone of Indy. The ironic thing that would happen too is, once the attraction opend and everybody got to ride two or three times, everybody would be complaining cause it is clone, with decade old tech, and they could have done something better. I understand why they make clones, because it is a simple and quick solution to fixing attendence problems. MGM does not have attendence problems, it does not need a quick fix, they need a strong high quality original E-ticket. Now to me, it doesn't matter if it is Indy or not, but there is no reason for the park to get a clone.

imagineer99

JayDarkKnight25 said:

This may sound crass...but are you drunk?

Richboy

In 2003, a cast member told me that they were replacing Indiana Jones Stunt Show with the Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland once Lights, Motors, Action opens.

stitchcastle

This is the trouble with so many resorts, you can't make attractions without everyone else saying "we want one of those here too!"

MrNonacho

Premium Member
stitchcastle said:
This is the trouble with so many resorts, you can't make attractions without everyone else saying "we want one of those here too!"

And then when they go ahead and make one, everyone else complains of too many clones.

Disneyland1970

hakunamatata said:
I dissagree. I think WDW is large enough to encompase similar rides, not exactly clones maybe, that the other Disney parks have. IMHO, Disneyland is nothing compared to WDW and isnt even on the same page, magically speaking. The park (DL) does not have the same atmosphere as WDW and honestly should not be the focus of so many new attractions.

Inside the BERM at DL is much better than MK! More rides, better layout and more history! Much more magic IMHO!

Outside the berm WDW wins hands down, but with a chunk of property the size of San Francisco, it should win!

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
I don't know what you guys are talking about...don't you guys realize that both Universal Studios Revenge of the Mummy rides are clones in Orlando @ Hollywood. Have you guys noticed that yet or not??????? Answer me that question. If Indy is much cheaper to come to Walt Disney World than why not do it. Star Tours is still their,so they don't need another Star Wars Ride.:rolleyes:

Legacy

JayDarkKnight25 said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about...don't you guys realize that both Universal Studios Revenge of the Mummy rides are clones in Orlando @ Hollywood. Have you guys noticed that yet or not??????? Answer me that question. If Indy is much cheaper to come to Walt Disney World than why not do it. Star Tours is still their,so they don't need another Star Wars Ride.:rolleyes:
Actually, they aren't clones. They follow the same concept of escaping Imohtep, but in Florida's you are part of a movie while California's has you trying to escape a curse before the eclipse. Also, California's launch is flat and the coaster section is much shorter because of the difference in the show building sizes.

Sorry you disappoint that aspect of your argument. :rolleyes:

1stStarIC2nite

JayDarkKnight25 said:

Actually, both Revenge of the Mummy rides are basically completely different from track layout, order of scenes, content in the scenes, and the finale. There is only one scene that they both share and that's identical, the scarab room. Most people consider them two completely different rides with the same name. :D :wave:

Legacy

1stStarIC2nite said:
Actually, both Revenge of the Mummy rides are basically completely different from track layout, order of scenes, content in the scenes, and the finale. There is only one scene that they both share and that's identical, the scarab room. Most people consider them two completely different rides with the same name. :D :wave:
OH YEAH!

Tag-team.

LilDucky

imagineer99 said:
Personally, I don't want to see an Indy clone from Disneyland. If anything, I would want to use the Indy license for an ORIGINAL Inday ride. After all, MGM is completely devoid of a good water ride...

A water ride would be greatly appreciated at MGM, especially in the summer time. Sunset is a nightmare at night! Although LMAX will alleviate the traffic flow there, another attraction elsewhere would also facilitate that.

Legacy said:
Disney really needs to start raising the bar again. An Indy ride is the perfect opportunity. I actually think a Mummy-style attraction would be perfect, only it could have an ending.

I agree, but wouldnt an indy/mummy ride be another clone as well? Isnt EE supposed to be like mummy in that it starts our somewhat slow and then picks up as a roller coaster type ride?

Legacy

LilDucky said:
I agree, but wouldnt an indy/mummy ride be another clone as well? Isnt EE supposed to be like mummy in that it starts our somewhat slow and then picks up as a roller coaster type ride?
Not really.

Everest will be more like Big Thunder. Mummy starts out slow because of the show scenes, where Everest doesn't appear to really have many of those.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
Well they don't need a star wars attraction because they already have one. Plus a much cheaper ride means less money. Just give it up it's probably going to come to Walt Disney World no matter what. You should agree with RichBoy.:)

Legacy

JayDarkKnight25 said:
Well they don't need a star wars attraction because they already have one. Plus a much cheaper ride means less money. Just give it up it's probably going to come to Walt Disney World no matter what. You should agree with RichBoy.:)
But that would defeat the purpose of a discussion forum.

imagineer99

JayDarkKnight25 said:
Just give it up it's probably going to come to Walt Disney World no matter what. You should agree with RichBoy.:)

No one's denying the fact that the Indy Adventure COULD come to wdw.

Conversely, it ain't proven either. With Disney, I don't say anything until I see actual dirt being turned over.

Goodeone

JayDarkKnight25 said:

Can we get him some duct tape, or maybe a pair of SUSPENDers?

Jay, for the love of mickey (srry, cheap joke) will you stop reiterating the exact same thing over and over. If you're going to add a new post at least put some new ideas into it. PLEASE. :brick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom