Will an Indy Adventure ever come to Disney???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgraham34

I hope the ride doesn't come. I dont think all parks should have the same ride's. Its fun going to DisneyLand and ride things not found at the Magic Kingdom.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
bgraham34 said:
I hope the ride doesn't come. I dont think all parks should have the same ride's. Its fun going to DisneyLand and ride things not found at the Magic Kingdom.

I dissagree. I think WDW is large enough to encompase similar rides, not exactly clones maybe, that the other Disney parks have. IMHO, Disneyland is nothing compared to WDW and isnt even on the same page, magically speaking. The park (DL) does not have the same atmosphere as WDW and honestly should not be the focus of so many new attractions.

Lynx04

hakunamatata said:
I dissagree. I think WDW is large enough to encompase similar rides, not exactly clones maybe, that the other Disney parks have. IMHO, Disneyland is nothing compared to WDW and isnt even on the same page, magically speaking. The park (DL) does not have the same atmosphere as WDW and honestly should not be the focus of so many new attractions.

Actually, DL has a higher need for new attraction because of two main issues. First, it is a park for mainly locals. Second, because the resort only has two parks.

Since the park mainly catters to the day visitors they have to add new attractions more frequently to keep them coming back. WDW is more for vacationers. Since the same guests don't visit as frequently there isn't a stronger need to add new attractions as frequently.

DLR only has DL and DCA, they have to be more active in both of the park to bring in more guests. Whereas WDW can generally add a new attractions in one park and it affects more then one park, sometimes all the parks. This is because WDW main demo is people staying longer then one or two days. The guest come to visit one new attraction at one park they have another two to three days to visit the other parks.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
Lynx04 said:
Actually, DL has a higher need for new attraction because of two main issues. First, it is a park for mainly locals. Second, because the resort only has two parks.

Since the park mainly catters to the day visitors they have to add new attractions more frequently to keep them coming back. WDW is more for vacationers. Since the same guests don't visit as frequently there isn't a stronger need to add new attractions as frequently.

DLR only has DL and DCA, they have to be more active in both of the park to bring in more guests. Whereas WDW can generally add a new attractions in one park and it affects more then one park, sometimes all the parks. This is because WDW main demo is people staying longer then one or two days. The guest come to visit one new attraction at one park they have another two to three days to visit the other parks.
So your saying it won't come after the AUTO STUNT SHOW Opens????

Lynx04

JayDarkKnight25 said:
So your saying it won't come after the AUTO STUNT SHOW Opens????

I don't know, I would love to see a Indy themed attraction, just not a clone. Disney just invested a lot of capital into thier parks over the past three years. I have a feeling that they will sit back and see how it effects their parks over the 18 months for DL 50th birthday.

I am not saying they will not add anything but it is generaly stated that when a park adds an attraction it takes about 2 years for the park to make a return. Now I don't know if that is for a seasonal park or for an annual park. Because Disney parks are more frequently visited then any other park, I would say it is probably closer to a year and a half. Disney also spend more money on attractions then other parks.

If Disney continues to add attractions over the next 2 years, it won't be anywhere near as many as they have over the past 2 years.

With all these additions since 03, I think the most realistic step for Disney is to see how their expansions have effected their parks.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
I don't see the Indy Stunt Show lasting very long in the future and I heard a source from Screamscape that they received an e-mail from someone that when the AUTO STUNT SHOW OPENS,that they'll close the Indy Show and make all new work for a Indy Ride Adventure.

imagineer99

JayDarkKnight25 said:
I don't see the Indy Stunt Show lasting very long in the future and I heard a source from Screamscape that they received an e-mail from someone that when the AUTO STUNT SHOW OPENS,that they'll close the Indy Show and make all new work for a Indy Ride Adventure.

That sounds reliable... :lookaroun :rolleyes:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
JayDarkKnight25 said:

One of my sources from Google says that she has a friend whose father is the priest of Michael Eisners doctors sister that says that it will definately probably not happen tomorrow. :lookaroun :veryconfu

imagineer99

^ Dude, that is so NOT what I heard from my Uncle's Sister's Father's former college roomate who knows a guy who works at Disney...

DisneyFanLS

I have never experienced the Indy ride at Disneyland, but I HAVE heard and read an awful lot about it...and I understand that it is a GREAT ride!!! I am NOT a big fan of the Dinosaur ride and would love to see it replaced with the Indy attraction!!! The wife and I rode the Mummy ride at Universal the last time we were there and LOVED it!!! It has some tremendous special effects!!! (By the way....sorry to mention that "other" theme park)... :rolleyes:

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
Well if the AUTO STUNT SHOW Opens when do you expect an Indy Jones Adventure come like in 2006 the year after next or 2007?????

Lynx04

I say the best thing to do is not expect it. It is just wishful thinking right now. It is always fun to dream, but try not to think to hard about dates. Nobody know if Indy will even come, let alone when it will open. Right now it is all word of mouth and there is no proof that it will ever happen.

Montu

TheOneVader said:
I heard Tokyo's was better, but I haven't been on either.

I'd really like to see Indy come. I know people are sick of clones, but if the attraction is good enough, I'd really like to see it come, because I'm never going to Disneyland....

And BTW, what's wrong with Dinosaur..? IMO, it's the best ride at AK, and one of the best overall. Only problem is, I wonder how I'll fit E:E, Dino, and Kili right in the morning, before the crowds... And the same if they add Indy to the Studios...

I do not think Tokyo's Indy is better at all.

And Dinosaur the best dark ride at DAK? Do you suppose that has anything to do with Dinosaur being the only dark ride at DAK?

Montu

JayDarkKnight25 said:
Well if the AUTO STUNT SHOW Opens when do you expect an Indy Jones Adventure come like in 2006 the year after next or 2007?????

Are we still not sure if Motors is going to open?

I notice you say "If (insert incorrect attraction name here) opens" over and over. You know it's opening in like a month and a half, right?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
JayDarkKnight25 said:

My guess would be February 31, 2008

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
That's pretty close but I'm expecting earlier because I don't know if any of you guys know how long the Indy Stunt Show has been at Disney Studios. Maybe they should keep it and put the Indy Adventure next to it,like peopel were saying. The real Deal is I think this could still happen. I'm a Die-Hard Disney Fan and I want an Indiana Jones Adventure finally to come to Walt Disney Studios finally.

Legacy

JayDarkKnight25 said:
That's pretty close but I'm expecting earlier because I don't know if any of you guys know how long the Indy Stunt Show has been at Disney Studios. Maybe they should keep it and put the Indy Adventure next to it,like peopel were saying. The real Deal is I think this could still happen. I'm a Die-Hard Disney Fan and I want an Indiana Jones Adventure finally to come to Wlat Disney Studios finally.
It's been around as long as the Studios themselves, nearly 15 years.

After LMAX opens, I wouldn't expect a new attraction opening up there any sooner than 2008, most likely '09 or '10. Expect Indy to close next year.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
Legacy said:
It's been around as long as the Studios themselves, nearly 15 years.

After LMAX opens, I wouldn't expect a new attraction opening up there any sooner than 2008, most likely '09 or '10. Expect Indy to close next year.
But maybe even earlier than that if they start construction pretty soon after the Stunt Show closes. I'm guessing like 2006 or 2007 I hope. If it's a new attraction I defenitely putting my money on a Indiana Jones Adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom