Will an Indy Adventure ever come to Disney???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilDucky

Although WE (boardmembers) know that that dinosaur and indy are basically the same physical ride, I doubt most people could tell that they are, and I doubt they would care. I wouldnt care. I love, love, love the Indy ride, and Dino! Saying that we would have too many rides of this type, is like saying we have too many of the "dark rides" at the mk. Theyre the same thing, but its a totally different experience.

Instead of making an exact clone of the one in DLR (Mara theme), do you think that maybe they can make one of a different Indy adventure?

Lynx04

JayDarkKnight25 said:
But maybe even earlier than that if they start construction pretty soon after the Stunt Show closes. I'm guessing like 2006 or 2007 I hope. If it's a new attraction I defenitely putting my money on a Indiana Jones Adventure.

If they were to start right after the Indy stunt show closes it would take about 2 to 3 years to build that attraction. But the Indy stunt show is not closing right away, and probably won't close for another year like was mentioned. Also, you keep getting stuck on the fact that they are going to build an Indy attraction. They may never build an Indy attraction, don't think that their next attaction is going to be Indy themed. For all we know it could be Star Wars themed, or any other rumor that has been mentioned to go into MGM.

Montu

JayDarkKnight25 said:
That's pretty close but I'm expecting earlier because I don't know if any of you guys know how long the Indy Stunt Show has been at Disney Studios. Maybe they should keep it and put the Indy Adventure next to it,like peopel were saying. The real Deal is I think this could still happen. I'm a Die-Hard Disney Fan and I want an Indiana Jones Adventure finally to come to Walt Disney Studios finally.

I thought you wanted it to come to Florida? Now you're sending it to France instead?

PhilosophyMagic

hakunamatata said:
IMHO, Disneyland is nothing compared to WDW and isnt even on the same page, magically speaking.

Magically speaking? You wouldn't hear a phrase like that anywhere else but Disney forums.

CoffeeJedi

i know i'm new here, but this Jay guy seems like a very elaborate Troll to me, for example, in this thread
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=49656
he thinks that test track just opened 2 or 3 years ago, and has never heard of Mission Space
either he's really clueless (but a bit enthusiastic, there's nothing wrong with that), or he's an internet mastermind playing you all in a taudry game of irritation and derision (laughing all the way from his mom's basement)

As for Indy's ride vehicles being the same as CTX, I think most average guests would see a greater similarity between BTMRR and Everest

imagineer99

CoffeeJedi said:
i know i'm new here, but this Jay guy seems like a very elaborate Troll to me, for example, in this thread
he thinks that test track just opened 2 or 3 years ago, and has never heard of Mission Space
either he's really clueless (but a bit enthusiastic, there's nothing wrong with that), or he's an internet mastermind playing you all in a taudry game of irritation and derision (laughing all the way from his mom's basement)

Nah...I just think he's a little bit on the younger side. :wave: (i'm guessing under 12).

Nothing wrong with starting the Disney obsession as youngin':)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
CoffeeJedi said:

As for Indy's ride vehicles being the same as CTX, I think most average guests would see a greater similarity between BTMRR and Everest

No, somethings up. He posted the same issue four different times referencing an attraction in four different parks. They were all up at the same time "sticky" the first evening he posted them. There is something fishy going on and it aint Nemo....

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
As much as WDW fans want an Indy adventure to come to Walt Disney World period this rumor is'nt out of the question. I don't see anything else being put in place other than this.:rolleyes:

Legacy

JayDarkKnight25 said:
As much as WDW fans want an Indy adventure to come to Walt Disney World period this rumor is'nt out of the question. I don't see anything else being put in place other than this.:rolleyes:
You're not seeing anything else being put in place there because nothing is currently being put in place there. WDW fans want Toad to come back, but that ain't happening either.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
This is'nt the same ride system for AK's Dinosaur. You don't see this Dinosaur ride going over bridges and fast paced movement. Arrows and spears flying through the air!!!!!,giant snakes comin at ya. It does'nt get any better than that guys. Plus it would be one of the more popular Adventure dark rides at Walt Disney World in the future in my opinion.:)

Legacy

JayDarkKnight25 said:
This is'nt the same ride system for AK's Dinosaur. You don't see this Dinosaur ride going over bridges and fast paced movement. Arrows and spears flying through the air!!!!!,giant snakes comin at ya. It does'nt get any better than that guys. Plus it would be one of the more popular Adventure dark rides at Walt Disney World in the future in my opinion.:)
Actually, it is the same ride system and layout as Dinosaur. The only difference is the theming.

PhilosophyMagic

Legacy said:
Actually, it is the same ride system and layout as Dinosaur. The only difference is the theming.

Like, JayDarkNight25 said, though, the themeing may be different enough to be considered a different ride, but we've gone through that.

According to Jim Hill, who I know is controversial, Indy WAS in fact going to be built at MGM, but plans were changed once Dinosaur was decided upon. If true, this would unfortunately be enough to believe that Disney management does consider the rides too similar, and thus is unlikely to green light a version of Indy.

Then I think: since people don't generally know the layout or the ride system itself, isn't Test Track as similar to Dinosaur (to the avrage guest) as Indy would be? If so, maybe Indy was only put off because they couldn't open at the same time, but it could not be re-considered. I'd still hope for the Magic Kingdom, though. It would feel more real.

Who here thinks Dinosaur does an adequite enough job as an Indy type of ride, so that it wouldn't be a huge shame of Indy never showed up here? I think the only major difference is that Dinosaur doesn't have enough detailed themeing to be as good as Indy for repeat rides, but on the first ride, it's pretty darn impressive. Anyone agree?

imagineer99

PhilosophyMagic said:
Then I think: since people don't generally know the layout or the ride system itself, isn't Test Track as similar to Dinosaur (to the avrage guest) as Indy would be? If so, maybe Indy was only put off because they couldn't open at the same time, but it could not be re-considered. I'd still hope for the Magic Kingdom, though. It would feel more real.

Who here thinks Dinosaur does an adequite enough job as an Indy type of ride, so that it wouldn't be a huge shame of Indy never showed up here? I think the only major difference is that Dinosaur doesn't have enough detailed themeing to be as good as Indy for repeat rides, but on the first ride, it's pretty darn impressive. Anyone agree?

I agree completely. People constantly pick on Dinosaur like its an unwanted step child. Altough Indy might be better, it's still a darn good ride.

Personally, I don't want to see an Indy clone from Disneyland. If anything, I would want to use the Indy license for an ORIGINAL Inday ride. After all, MGM is completely devoid of a good water ride...

Legacy

imagineer99 said:
Personally, I don't want to see an Indy clone from Disneyland. If anything, I would want to use the Indy license for an ORIGINAL Inday ride. After all, MGM is completely devoid of a good water ride...
That's what I want. I love the Indy license, and think a BIG Indy ride opposite Sunset Blvd is dreadfully needed. But I don't want a clone. I don't want the same ride as what DLR or TDS has. I want something different, unique and awesome enough to warrant NOT going to Disneyland. Disney really needs to start raising the bar again. An Indy ride is the perfect opportunity. I actually think a Mummy-style attraction would be perfect, only it could have an ending.

Lynx04

imagineer99 said:
I agree completely. People constantly pick on Dinosaur like its an unwanted step child. Altough Indy might be better, it's still a darn good ride.

Thank you. I think it is funny how everybody complains when their is a clone of an attraction, but for some reason a lot people want a clone of Indy adventure. Come on people, Indy at DL is not the pinical of greatness, it is not as if all attractions after Indy will be low quality, as if tech has not advanced in ten years. While Indy at DL is a great attractions, why on earth would you want to settle for a ten year old attraction, when you could have a brand new state of the art attraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom