Wilderness Lodge - Whats your Experiance

Chirs

Hey everyone,

I am lucky enough to have booked up for Wilderness Lodge and wondered what everyones experiance is as I will be traveling at the end of the month. Has anyone stayed there before? If so what do you like best about it? Whats the atmosphere like at night?

Thanks

Chris:animwink:

Philo

I stayed there in April - you are in for a treat!

We we're lucky enough to get a room on the 6th floor with a (obscured) view of the castle. I just love the atmosphere and theming of the place but I think my fav thing is walking to and from the boat dock (especially at night). The stream which flows into the pool and the wooden path to the dock itself really appeal to me - add that to knowing you are going to have / have had a great day and you've got yourself one happy feeling.

Whilst your there, try and find an hour or so to rent a boat and sail around Bay Lake / Seven Seas Lagoon.

Upvote 0

Agent1964fem

Wow what a awesome resort you have picked. Do you like the Southwest?
We have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge twice .
The one thing I love about the Wilderness Lodge is that everything is under one roof. Some places we've stayed if you walk to the main building or to the food court and on the way back you get stuck in the rain...your stuck:hammer:

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

We stayed there back in '06 and loved it. Very nice atmosphere and it is a nice escape from the "cutesie" areas of disney and allows you to take a check-up from the neck-up before re-immersing yourself in the parks.

Beware though that some of the guides that list "rooms with a view" are outdated and the trees have grown quite a bit since they were written/updated.

We stayed the week before thanksgiving and were pleasantly surprised when we went to bed one night and woke up the next day to find a 50' xmas tree fully decorated and lit pine garland everywhere all in one night! Pretty magical for our 3-year old.

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

I loved the Wilderness lodge. Its Beautiful, great food, great atmosphere. What I didn't like - and please don't think I am a child hater i have a daughter and understand how kids are - but it seemed that in the lobby and the halls and everywhere that the kids were running and screaming a lot omore than at the other resorts i have been at. It may just be a coincedence, but th WL is a bit more family friendly.

Upvote 0
We loved WL when we stayed there. It is an awesome resort. One evening we were taking the boat back from MK and we were lucky enough to board the boat just as Wishes started. Our captain was so sweet ... he heard all of the ooh's and aahh's and decided to take it really, really slow back to the resort so that we could enjoy the show. :D

The theming of the resort is perfect and our room was incredible. We received a free upgrade and thoroughly enjoyed the resort. I know that we'll be back there again for certain. :wave:

Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I think you will have a great time. WL is one of our favorite places, not only to stay but to visit as well. It's such a tranquil, beautiful setting. Thoroughly enjoyable just walking around the grounds and lobby.

On top of that, you have two great restaurants, Whispering Canyon, a very "lively" site with a great casual breakfast and dinner experience, and Artist Point, quiet, elegant with some unique offerings.

The pool area is very nice with a special "feature" that lets you know the top of the hour with flair.

The only downside might be transportation. Boat ride to MK is great, but all other destinations are by bus.

Upvote 0

1DisneyDad

Stayed at WL 3 times. It's my favorite by far! Just clicks with me. Boat ride to MK is great but if you have car I'd drive to other parks.

You'll have a great time!

Upvote 0

disneymyway

The attention to detail is just wonderful! I remember the "crickets" (The disney type!) in the woods.

We loved the beach and the pool. They did a great job with that resort! My husband likes to run on the trail to the campground.

Upvote 0

MR. DISNEY

I've never stayed "IN" the Lodge because I'm a DVC member, I stay at the Villas. I've been to a lot of the resorts before I got DVC, and found that the Lodge is by far my favorite. The theme is great. For me it’s Disney service without the characters everywhere.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Another fan of the WL here. We didn't have any issues with transportation, but only used buses to go to DAK and DHS. We took the boat directly to MK and a different boat to the Contemporary (just around the cove - literally right next door, so very short trip) and took the monorail to TTC and then on to Epcot.

The theming is very strong and the atmosphere is quite tranquil. There is a tour you can take of the lobby and the pool is beautiful. Ask about any openings for the "flag family" when you check-in. If there is space available one morning during your stay, you will be taken to the roof top to raise several flags (and admire the view). We have not been lucky enough to do this yet, but it never hurts to ask. Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

November Girl

The amenities are great...you have boat rental choices, and the little 2-person watercraft are a must-do! You can walk to Fort Wilderness, and the atmosphere is very immersive. Have fun!

Upvote 0
You are really in for a treat! This is a beautiful resort. When you arrive at the main lobby, soaring western-themed music is playing (Aaron Copeland, etc.), which underscores the dramatic architecture. I think the theming here is the best, with the possible exception of AKL, although I prefer WL. We have had a courtyard view and a woods view, both beautiful. The pool is spectacular and the hot-tubs cozy when you are sore after a long day in the parks. Very romantic, BTW! Tip: If you are using the quick-service restaurant, take your tray to the outdoor seating area. The sound of the waterfall is lovely while you eat! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I tend to be a little more "up" on WDW trips then my wife (she loves going, but also loves her afternoon naps; I become a big kid and can't sleep until I drop from exhaustion). What was great about staying at WL (Villas) was how much was close by - I'd go to Magic Kingdom, Fort Wilderness, rent a boat, exercise. On her birthay, while she napped, I went to MK to pick her up a bday cupcake from the Main St. Bakery. The launches to MK were wonderful, and we enjoyed just sitting on their "beach" at night just watching the fireworks and the water pageant. Whisperng Canyon is tasty & fun (and very loud); conversely, Artist Point was one of the finest dining experiences I've ever had. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Just know that it's a very boisterous place a lot of the time, especially the lobby.

Upvote 0

KnK

This will mark our 11th eyar in a row staying at WL. We love it.

I love the fact that it has the Disney touch, but hidden enough to feel out of touch.

Looking forward to going home in 20 days!

Upvote 0

loveMickey

We have stayed 5 times. Our most recent time was at the Villas. This resort is by far our favorite place.

When you first check in, ask to be Flag Family. We did this for the first time last trip. What an experience.

We were staying 6 nights and the only available slot was on check out day.

We have never had a bad room. The first time, we were literally 50 steps from the main pool.

There is also a bus to and from Magic Kingdom. We used the bus one evening after the parade and fireworks, when the boat dock was mobbed. The bus was not full. It is a quick trip back.

The other buses share with Fort Wilderness (for the parks) and Grand Flordian (Maybe the Poly) for Downtown Disney, so if you have ressies at Downtown plan to add extra travel time.

Relax and enjoy the atmosphere of the Lodge.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom