Wilderness Lodge - Whats your Experiance

Chirs

Hey everyone,

I am lucky enough to have booked up for Wilderness Lodge and wondered what everyones experiance is as I will be traveling at the end of the month. Has anyone stayed there before? If so what do you like best about it? Whats the atmosphere like at night?

Thanks

Chris:animwink:

wvdisneyfamily

The WL is my FAVORITE resort. I love how it is all under one roof. I love the theme. I love the tranquility, the views, the animals, the staff, the mousekeepers, the rooms...I can't think of one thing I don't love about it. Wait...there is one thing - the check-out desk. I despise the check-out desk. :fork:

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

My username says it all. I am definitely a fan of the resort and a bit sad :cry: I can't stay there for this trip (though we are going for some yummy breakfast skillet at the Canyon one morning!). I will chime in that I think it's a great resort to help you relax after the hectic days at the park. I enjoy the landscaping and the pool is really delightful as well. If you are a fan of immersive theming - this is the place for you.

Have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

Zipadeedoodah

I stayed at the WL the first year it was open, but I was only 14 - I remember loving it back then, so I'm really excited to stay there in September as an adult.

I have a question about the rooms. We are scheduled to just have a standard view room. Where do those rooms face usually? Is it a bad view? Also, can we request a room with a king sized bed at check-in, or are they not available to standard view rooms?

Only 21 more days!!....:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

ChrisQ

I stayed at WL in 2003, and it was my favorite resort I've stayed at. Like everything at WDW, it's an immersive place, and I just enjoyed the peacefulness of it. The decor is breathtaking as well.

Upvote 0

WIX

We love, love, love this resort the most!!! Actually, we love it so much we bought into DVC and paid extra to have it as our home base.

They were selling SS when we finally bought into DVC but wanted WL as home base in order to confirm our stay 11 months out each year. If we would have bought SS we would have to hope each year to get WL at seven months out. Too unpredictable.

It was waaaay worth it to me to have peace of mind to pay the extra $7,000 for WL and have the points expire twelve years earlier than the special they were running on SS.

Upvote 0

m&mmom

We are also going to the Wilerness Lodge this month. We arrive on the 24th. This will be our third time staying at the Wilderness Lodge and we love it. The grounds are beautiful and everything is very well layed out. The lobby is amazing and my son thinks this is the best hotel in the world. I really can't think of one negative thing to say about the place. It's true the boat only takes you to MK, but you can also get on a smaller boat from the dock that will take you to the Contempory and than you can take the monorail if you'd like. That ride is really less than 10 minutes. The quick serive restuatn is even great, a nice selection and it's never too crowded. Have a great time, we can't wait to get back and hear "Welcome Home'.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

We've been upgraded many times at WL, and not so much at other resorts. In July, we got double upgraded with a pool/water view, and a king bed.

This has been our experience, too. We have stayed there twice, and got upgraded both times. Once to courtyard view, and once to woods view. (had booked standard view) We love WL and will be spending this Christmas there. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Chirs

Original Poster
WOW,

So many amazing experiences, keep them coming as its making my trip so exciting to look forward too...seems everyone loves WL so im real happy at that.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and reply, you guys are awesome!

Chris

Upvote 0

SleepingMonk

We go every year in December with the entire family as a pre-Christmas warm up. It has a great cozy atmosphere we all love.

33ateop.jpg

2d138ev.jpg

2js95e.jpg

2dj2na9.jpg

Upvote 0

rob_and_kate

It sounds fantastic. We have stayed at Coronado Springs on both visits to WDW and have been lucky enought to get pool views. Are there any not so good views at WL? Do many of the rooms look out onto the car park?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom