Why no love for Toontown Fair?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hm, what to say, what to say? I know, I'll quote myself.

To the OP,

You seem to be a nice kid. I honestly believe that you are a decent young man who will eventually develop into a fine adult. My caution to you is this; in life, we can not confine our view of the world to the simplicity or brevity of our experiences. I have read several posts in which you complain that others judge you because of your age. It is not your age, but rather your lack of temperance that others criticize. It would be wise of you to refrain from constantly making general statements, relating them as concrete facts, and stating that your limited experience in life is the end-all of necessary knowledge. You may not realize that you are doing this from one post to another, but youth always comes with blinders. Part of the maturing process in life involves the ability to receive and process a bulk of information before stating opinions, and also realizing that some opinions remain just that: opinions. You must move beyond the simple ability to gather information. I will give you advice that I hope will last a lifetime, and it is this: Knowledge is the acquisition of facts, but wisdom is the application of knowledge. Don't waste knowledge without properly using it. I wish you well.

I wrote this to you several threads back. Please, don't grow up too quickly, but do grow up some.

...:veryconfu...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Exactly.
Let's end this little conversation between us, as your ability to fully understand my attempt to communicate in an open and sincere way is obviously not working. Goodbye.

lol I was hoping you'd say something similar like that, I was joking :animwink:

mharrington

Original Poster
Everyone seemed to think that it was always "temporary", yet when they changed it to Mickey's Toontown Fair, I began to think that it was not so temporary after all, and I began to cling to it (well, cling to the immediate area and think of expanding it outward (beyond the train tracks if necessary)). And then the Fantasyland overhaul came.

MansionGoer13z

It was good while it lasted. I thought it was cool for the meet and greets for the kids. And I understand why people hate it because its a haven for headaches. Nuff' said! Now moveon.org kids.

stratman50th

I don't hate Toontown, but I don't care about it one way or the other. Even when my daughter was little, aside from meeting Mickey and Minnie at the Meet and greet tent she could care less after seeing the entire place once. The only exception was the Barnstormer. She could ride that all day, but my daughter has always been a thrill seeker.
I can see how kids would love it, just wasn't our experience. Maybe my kid is just weird! :lol: But yeah, when I saw the thread title I thought there were Toon Town haters and I can't see that being a problem:shrug:.

Tomi-Rocket

ch..ch..ch..changes.....

I liked Toontown and enjoyed walking thru it. To me it was a place for when you were ready for some downtime. My boys, however, as they've gotten older didn't really care for it and it took a lot of cajoling to get them to walk thru Mickey's and Minnie's houses the last couple of times. I'm glad they rethemed the Barnstormer that's a fun coaster ride and my kids liked riding it. :ROFLOL:

But with life comes changes and you have to roll with it. It's easier if you can accept it rather than fight it because sometimes, they're is no point to it, you just end up frustrating only yourself.:brick:

Speaking of changes, it does make me wonder what the next major change/addition to WDW will be?? :confused:

mharrington

Original Poster
Part of it has to do with the fact that I have Asperger's Syndrome, and as such, I have a difficult time accepting change and always seem locked into routines.

It might also be that I tend to look at the parks as several individual places rather than one whole place.

Mickey_777

I didn't hate it. In fact two of the most vivid memories (and reasons I wanted to go back) I had of my first trip to MK were of Toon town fair and the Main street train station. It was certainly magical enough for me back then...

mharrington

Original Poster
For what it's worth, I honestly think that Mickey's Country House was a whole lot better than the Town Square Theater.

mrg1106

In the Parks
No
I realize that the WDWMagic.com forum community is no fan of Mickey's Toontown Fair. Granted, I agree that it was not much, but what I would like to know is why so many people hated that land.

And please, no joking or sarcasm at any time.

People didnt hate Toontown Fair. It was at WDW for 23 years and got removed bc of the Fantasyland expansion. Nobody hated Toontown Fair, its just the fact of the matter that Disney wanted to freshen up the Magic Kingdom with the Fantasyland expansion. The last thing MK did was refurbish Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, and their newest ride up until now was Stitchs Great Escape. If Mickeys Toontown Fair was "hated," Disney wouldve pulled it a long time ago.

mharrington

Original Poster
Another thing that bothers me here is how can the Barnstormer still have a Goofy theme when Mickey is no longer around?

blueboxdoctor

Well, simply put, it was a good size area with pretty much nothing to do. Now they caught on to that, and are redoing it as the new Fantasyland, which is shaping up to be pretty great, and rather large.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Another thing that bothers me here is how can the Barnstormer still have a Goofy theme when Mickey is no longer around?

The same way Goofy can go para-sailing without Mickey.

Mickey doesn't have to be around Goofy in order for Goofy to exist.

stratman50th

I think that we are missing the point here, and failing to address the real issue.
Is Toontown a half day park, or not? I mean will the theming be detailed enough to just walk through and be absorbed. Will we be able to catch more than just a glimpse of the characters before we're rushed to the next area by a CM.
Most important, can everything be seen in another place at a cheaper admission price?

jennc2001

I liked Toontown!! I thought it was cute and my son always liked going to see Mickey and Minnie's houses and always asked "are they still working on the kitchen?" :) I enjoyed the playground as well....when we wanted to sit and rest, it was a good place the kids could play while we rested our feet. I'm a bit sad to see it go, but excited to see what's in it's place!!

comics101

It seems to me, based on posters we've seen for the land anyways, that the Fab 5 will still have a decent sized prescence in the area, even though it's no longer ToonTown...I almost wonder if one of those tents back there will still house M&G's where you can meet circus versions of Mickey and the Gang.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom