Why no love for Toontown Fair?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Wrong, this thread is about why people do not like TT, not what is or could be replacing it.

And don't call me dude.

And that last part was just you making fun of Disney.

Dude, I said that Storybook Circus is the same topic in what will make you SEE why ToonTown sucked.

How is that making fun of Disney knowing that ToonTown was not one of Disney's best creations? That's not making fun of Disney. This is making fun of Disney: "Duuuudddee... Disney is like for little dweebs, babies, and girls.. I would like only go there to look for girls. Dude, their rides are the worst. Dude, Disney sucks" that's different than what I said...DUDE

Alrighty everyone! Let's all start calling Unkadog "dude" whenever we talk to him!!!! :sohappy:

420WDW MONSTER

Dude, I said that Storybook Circus is the same topic in what will make you SEE why ToonTown sucked.

How is that making fun of Disney knowing that ToonTown was not one of Disney's best creations? That's not making fun of Disney. This is making fun of Disney: "Duuuudddee... Disney is like for little dweebs, babies, and girls.. I would like only go there to look for girls. Dude, their rides are the worst. Dude, Disney sucks" that's different than what I said...DUDE

Alrighty everyone! Let's all start calling Unkadog "dude" whenever we talk to him!!!! :sohappy:

storybook circus does seem like its just going to be like toontownwith a circus theme

I really liked it as Mickey's Birthdayland. I loved the live show from that time period as well. I wish they had kept a show in that area, it was a very good location for that.
Although I agree that the area always seemed very temporary. Much more could have been done with it which is why I'm not dissapointed to see it go. I really liked Mickey and Minnie's houses, they could have really run with that concept and added more character themed homes and buildings.

slappy magoo

what the world...needs now...

is love...sweet love...

right, on topic. I didn't hate Toontown, it just felt like the space could have been more than what it was, and now maybe it will be. I have to argue, even if you loved Toontown, you couldn't possibly think that ground was being used to its fullest potential. Granted you could say the same about a lot of WDW in general and MK in particular (ahem tomorrowland cough).

cheezbat

what the world...needs now...

is love...sweet love...

right, on topic. I didn't hate Toontown, it just felt like the space could have been more than what it was, and now maybe it will be. I have to argue, even if you loved Toontown, you couldn't possibly think that ground was being used to its fullest potential. Granted you could say the same about a lot of WDW in general and MK in particular (ahem tomorrowland cough).

I'm sorry, but the replacement for Toowntown Fair is not any better in my opinion either. What are we getting? The same ugly tents, a rethemed family coaster, a small water play area and second Dumbo. Doesn't really sound much better to me. And on top of it, it's CIRCUS themed. I hate Circuses. :confused: Why couldn't they have just put some smaller type of dark ride back in here? They could have saved quite a bit of money if they kept Toontown, but just added like a C or D ticket attraction to it.

mharrington

Original Poster
I would like it if the Imagineers add Disneyland's Toontown to the Fantasyland Expansion.

Unfortunately, I don't think they have the room for any Toontown anymore, let alone one on the scale of Disneyland's version. Certainly not at the Magic Kingdom, anyway.

wolf359

Unfortunately, I don't think they have the room for any Toontown anymore, let alone one on the scale of Disneyland's version. Certainly not at the Magic Kingdom, anyway.

No, but it would fit pretty well physically and thematically on the plot of land currently taken up by the remains of the Studio Backlot Tour.

Fractal514

While some may not care about the Grand Story of the parks around the world, I think some do, particularly children. Suspending disbelief that Mickey could be here and in CA at the same time is easy, we aren't there so we're just lucky that he's here today. But saying his home is here, and there, well kids can figure that out as being a load. So I don't think it is important for Mickey to have a "home" in WDW.

As for the hate for Toon Town Fair, I'm not sure where you are seeing that, but I think you'll find it's one of two things 1.) Some folks just don't care about it, cause there aren't any rides or attractions geared for adults, and most of the posters here tend to be adults, or at least out of the target demographic of ToonTown Fair. 2.) Some folks on here hate anything they don't like. There is no inbetween for them. They don't like a ride, it must be burnt down. They like a ride, it is sacred and must be preserved forever as it is.

Finally, I think this thread is kinda a CJ (one acronym I won't explain). You know not everyone hates it, and you just want validation for your own opinion. A better question would be, why don't people care about it being destroyed, or would people feel the same way about other areas of the park?

WondersOfLife

How about, instead, we stop behaving like disrespectful, bratty children who need a "timeout" in the corner? Yeah, that would be sweet...

How about ya'll don't reply to me if ya'll don't have to. I wasn't the one starting any argument that time. Unkadog is a jerk and dude, why are you getting in on this?

WondersOfLife

Make the ride "Gremilins" and "The 3 Little Pigs". That will definitely put a whole new mood in that land.

I'm not sure where you're going with this but I'm guessing since it's called Storybook Circus, the entrance could be a huge book where the door looks like a torn page in the middle. That would be neat! :D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
How about ya'll don't reply to me if ya'll don't have to. I wasn't the one starting any argument that time. Unkadog is a jerk and dude, why are you getting in on this?

You do realize this is a public forum, right? So you put your comments out there and others have the right to respond, within reason. The obvious boundaries about politics, religion, s#xual orientation, and not insulting other members of the forum being applicable, of course.....

rsoxguy

Hm, what to say, what to say? I know, I'll quote myself.

To the OP,

You seem to be a nice kid. I honestly believe that you are a decent young man who will eventually develop into a fine adult. My caution to you is this; in life, we can not confine our view of the world to the simplicity or brevity of our experiences. I have read several posts in which you complain that others judge you because of your age. It is not your age, but rather your lack of temperance that others criticize. It would be wise of you to refrain from constantly making general statements, relating them as concrete facts, and stating that your limited experience in life is the end-all of necessary knowledge. You may not realize that you are doing this from one post to another, but youth always comes with blinders. Part of the maturing process in life involves the ability to receive and process a bulk of information before stating opinions, and also realizing that some opinions remain just that: opinions. You must move beyond the simple ability to gather information. I will give you advice that I hope will last a lifetime, and it is this: Knowledge is the acquisition of facts, but wisdom is the application of knowledge. Don't waste knowledge without properly using it. I wish you well.

I wrote this to you several threads back. Please, don't grow up too quickly, but do grow up some.

ddbowdoin

I dropped in on this one pretty late... wow, seems a lot of has been happening. No love for Toontown b/c to me it felt REALLY aimed at a much younger (as 3 yo and under) crowd.

UberMouse

We usually spend about 8 days at WDW (my wife and I) And Toontown was usually only visited once, however it had become tradition to make it our last stop before we went home. We would get all of the character pics, ride Barnstormer, etc then take a trip on the train back to the front of the park. Now what are we supposed to do...We might just mindlessly roam around until time to go home now..LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom