Why no love for Toontown Fair?

Disneykidder

VERY sad and dissappointed to see it go. There was a lot for boys to do in there and now the new Fantasyland is maninly geared towards girls. I LOVED visiting Mickey's house and Minnie's too...it was a must do for all of us.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
VERY sad and dissappointed to see it go. There was a lot for boys to do in there and now the new Fantasyland is maninly geared towards girls. I LOVED visiting Mickey's house and Minnie's too...it was a must do for all of us.

:veryconfu
How to do figure that?

mharrington

Original Poster
Toon town gets no love from me for the simple reason that it felt so lacking. They took the cheap approach and it showed. Its not that the concept was bad, it was the execution of the idea.

Well, there's only so much you can do with a fair, which had been the obvious theme of this Toontown.

The Alien Encounter is an example of a great ride, that people LOVED. It was a touch of a more adult approach to a ride, and Disney had signs posted all over warning people that is could be too intense for young children. But because people cannot, or choose not to, read they brought their young ones in there and they were scared.

Of course now we have the horrible Stitch Escape. It is an empty shell of what Alien Encounter used to be. And all because the masses have to suffer because someone has a kid who is scared. Meanwhile, 99% of the parks are kid friendly.

Please, leave Alien Encounter out of this.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, there's only so much you can do with a fair, which had been the obvious theme of this Toontown.

Please, leave Alien Encounter out of this.

And therein lies why it went by the wayside....

Nothing wrong with presenting alternative arguments.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
But Alien Encounter is not a dark ride. It doesn't even move much at all. It's a show.

It is as much a dark ride where kids could become frightened as anything else in MK, hence the change to SGE. If you didn't want it discussed, don't bump the thread with a post about dark rides.

Disneykidder

I have 3 boys...8, 3 and 11 months. My 8 year old will not go near anything princessie right now. I sing The Little Mermaid song and he covers his ears. So, maybe my statement in saying that the new Fantasyland is geared more towards girls is really based on my own children disliking princesses. I did, however, tell them and my husband that since I am a girl, they have NO CHOICE but to go onto these attractions.:)

MissMorrow

What I don't understand is why we're not getting a "real" Toontown? Not enough room? They don't want to clone Disneyland's? Or is it because you can't replace Toontown with Toontown? :shrug:

disney fan 13

What I don't understand is why we're not getting a "real" Toontown? Not enough room? They don't want to clone Disneyland's? Or is it because you can't replace Toontown with Toontown? :shrug:

Most likely it's because iger does not feel the fab five are popular with little girls at the moment :zipit::lookaroun

mharrington

Original Poster
Most likely it's because iger does not feel the fab five are popular with little girls at the moment :zipit::lookaroun

Yeah, they're so... what's the right word?... gender-neutral, and they want to keep the characters as gender-centric as possible! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom