Why keep Indy Speedway?

zurgandfriend

1. It is a classic been there from day 1, I believe.
2. It is popular there is always a wait.
3. Kids love it, I will never forget the look on my then 7 year old son's face when the first time I took him on it, I said "You Drive."

ob1thx1138

I really think an upgrade would be perfect. Like someone else suggest change the cars to light cycles and have them run on hydrogen or some other "futuristic" fuel.

Demeter Tess

I'm only going to rehash what's already been said, but in an effort to de-lurk more frequently... The ride is a classic, an attraction loved by generations of youngsters who just can't wait to get their drivers licenses. Its proximity to the now-extinct Toontown never made me question the lack of futuristic theming. An update might be nice to see -- new cars, more extensive theming -- but I certainly don't think of it as a disposable attraction. When I have children I know I'll have to stand in those long lines and ride those bumpy, stinky cars with them, but I'll enjoy every moment. Some of my best memories of my grandfather are of riding the Speedway with him and getting "pro tips" on how to handle the car!

NewfieFan

I understand what you're saying (and not directed at me), but I don't think anyone here would complain if they made the cars electric with more realistic sounds of racing cars instead of the lawn mower engines putting out fumes like we've had. The spirit of the ride would remain intact, but the changes would be more futuristic (electric is the future) and they could also add lighting effects and more scenery around the (frankly, dull) track.

I'm ok with the Speedway staying but I agree it needs to re-themed or redone in someway. The track really needs somthing along the way... give us something to look at it! And some cool lighting at night would be a bonus!

It is a ride the whole family can enjoy (yes, the children enjoy it more) and I would hate for that change!

Banksy

Ok, so I'm bracing myself for all the responses here, but really, why keep the Indy Speedway(raceway?)? It takes up a lot of land that could be used for other things. It is by far one of the most un-environmentally friendly attractions in the whole of Disney World. Plus, it really isn't that much fun compared to their other attractions. I know how a lot of people are major defenders of the old things in WDW, but all this old stuff is catching up to Disney. That's why they were forced to do Fantasyland and put more stuff in hollywood studios. The same will probably have to happen for EPCOT soon, and Animal Kingdom pretty much ran out of money when being made (refer to beastly kingdom). Disney needs to keep adding stuff, even if they need to sacrifice some older stuff (don't even get me started on what they need to do to Tomorrow Land). So what does everyone else think about this?

I agree. It's a poor mans test track :D No but seriously, i agree about the environmentally friendly part. Plus i think it is poorly designed. You wait in line to be bashed around for 6 minutes.

mrg1106

In the Parks
No
Its a classic WDW/Disneyland ride. Its an attraction for everyone, nobody is left out on this ride, its fun for the whole family. It might not be my favorite ride but it should stay.

Dwarful

Add us to the keep it list. It is a must do for us every trip, although we do time it when the lines are not long. The only time I think we didn't ride it was on our honeymoon. But once we went back with children its been a ride we repeat multiple times each trip. As others have said...it is a ride we can ride w/multi-generations. It might not be a thrill like Space or Splash, but the kids love it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I for one am on the keep it list, because the one thing it's good for is keeping over about 80 people in the slow queue line...:lol:...no really :lookaroun

Martian Crab

Perhaps the Speedway just needs a little plussing. How about a "Frogger" element to make it a little more exciting? Come to think of it, Mr. Toad could be reintroduced to satisfy his legions of disappointed fans. He could try to make it across the lanes of traffic or he could drive through the attraction himself and ram anyone in his way. Kids would love it!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Perhaps the Speedway just needs a little plussing. How about a "Frogger" element to make it a little more exciting? Come to think of it, Mr. Toad could be reintroduced to satisfy his legions of disappointed fans. He could try to make it across the lanes of traffic or he could drive through the attraction himself and ram anyone in his way. Kids would love it!

Why not the style of the astro jets, the ride in disneyland that replaced the peoplemover for about 2 or 3 years?

MarkTwain

I say keep it, merely because closing down attractions just for the sake of attractions is pointless (well, for most attractions), and MK may as well as keep it rather than have a huge vacant area in the middle of the park. But if Imagineering ever comes up with a great idea for Tomorrowland, and Stitch has already been replaced with something solid, then the Indy Speedway should definitely be eyed as a possible location.

Edeyore

Which begs the question of "Why ask again?"

The ride is really relaxed,(for parents), while the there is the excitement of driving a car, (for kids). It is the only ride in the park, that a kid can really feel like he or she is in control. It is fun and as a parent, I get enjoyment out of my kids having fun, especially on a vacation at WDW.

OklaHoops

They need to update it like Disneyland. It still is a good attraction and one that all ages participate without feeling awkward. I say keep it.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom