Why is Stitch's Great Escape still there?

Ginzuishou

I rode Alien Encounter and it was very scary the first time I went on it, unaware of what the ride was all about. The second time I rode it, it was still fun. If it was still there today, I would probably not rush to go on it again. I think they should just put a new ride there entirely. I think STITCH is still there because there is no need to change it. Why bother spending money on a new ride if people are still going on it, right? No conspiracy or anything, just simple economics.

Fantasmicguy

I really miss AE. They should just bring it back with warning signs saying the attraction is for mature audience only.
They did. People didn't care.They said no children under 12 should ride,the cast members incourged younger kids not to ride.Then they put the high requirement. All of that did nothing:rolleyes:. Idiots still let kids on!:bawling::banghead::bawling:;)I'm not a Stitch hater though I enjoy it.But AE was a much better attraction.

THPFanatic

Even though I am a huge fan of AE, and liked Sounds Dangerous (probably in the minority). I have rode SGE numerous times, so my opinion is that SGE and AE are not that much different really. For one they kept Skippy in the pre-show, and the only major difference is of course the size of the "alien", and the effects that each one did. The reason why I am not super fond of SGE is the corny effects, as they could beef up the effects and still have it moderately less scary. The great thing about AE was not the story so much, but that it was psychologically scary, it made you think and that's why people loved it. I for one loved the Stitch character in the show, and the pre-show, just not the corny effects that followed in the main theater. That being said, I think that the attraction will be around for a long time, because they don't to risk any chance of children being afraid of what it might be, or what it was before.

Magenta Panther

Even though I am a huge fan of AE, and liked Sounds Dangerous (probably in the minority). I have rode SGE numerous times, so my opinion is that SGE and AE are not that much different really. For one they kept Skippy in the pre-show, and the only major difference is of course the size of the "alien", and the effects that each one did. The reason why I am not super fond of SGE is the corny effects, as they could beef up the effects and still have it moderately less scary. The great thing about AE was not the story so much, but that it was psychologically scary, it made you think and that's why people loved it. I for one loved the Stitch character in the show, and the pre-show, just not the corny effects that followed in the main theater. That being said, I think that the attraction will be around for a long time, because they don't to risk any chance of children being afraid of what it might be, or what it was before.

Well, during the one and only time I visited Stitch, there were plenty of scared children - when the lights went out and Stitch was creeping up behind you and blowing corndog breath down your neck. Kids were screaming! I was appalled at that, and also at the PAIN from the stupid chair crushing my shoulders! Frickin hurt! What kind of a Disney ride HURTS you and makes little kids cry? A piece of CRAP ride, that's what!

I love the movie "Lilo and Stitch" a lot, but this ride does not do it justice, plus it sucks! TDO needs to either modify it a LOT or get rid of it!

THPFanatic

Well, during the one and only time I visited Stitch, there were plenty of scared children - when the lights went out and Stitch was creeping up behind you and blowing corndog breath down your neck. Kids were screaming! I was appalled at that, and also at the PAIN from the stupid chair crushing my shoulders! Frickin hurt! What kind of a Disney ride HURTS you and makes little kids cry? A piece of CRAP ride, that's what!

I love the movie "Lilo and Stitch" a lot, but this ride does not do it justice, plus it sucks! TDO needs to either modify it a LOT or get rid of it!

Ah, neither on Stitch or AE have the restraints crush my shoulders, so I can't help you there. And, as a general rule, being in the dark like that will scare most children, although most have been pretty good while I was there as far as noise, it was possible that you just went there on a bad day.

BobConnor

Original Poster

Did you think before going on like "how bad could it be?" or "It can't be that bad" and then found out it scares kids, is uncomfortable and smells bad?

If SGE and the alien encounter are not for little kids, why is it in the Magic Kingdom?

Last edited:

THPFanatic

Did you think before going on like "how bad could it be?" or "It can't be that bad" and then found out it scares kids, is uncomfortable and smells bad?

If SGE and the alien encounter are not for little kids, why is it in the Magic Kingdom?

Well Alien Encounter pretty much belonged in Tomorrow land, not sure about Magic Kingdom, but it showed you basically the future of space travel and the mystery's that it can have, with pretty negative consequences. SGE to me really doesn't belong, as far as the future goes, but I guess you could say it belonged with the Space theme, as Stitch is from space in the movies and the series. I really don't understand the hate for it, like I said earlier, you can't expect some children not to scream while their in the dark, if its AE or SGE, but AE had much more emphasis on mentally scaring a much larger crowd, but the older crowd still loved it for that.

BaconPancakes

Let me get this straight. OP hates SGE, yet has never experienced it. Does not compute... :confused:

On a side note, I'm not a fan of it, but it was my nephew's fave attraction, so at least there's still an audience for it. It's not that serious people.

STITCHGEFAN

Is it really THAT bad?

OK, it isn't a classic, but it's a bit different, tells a decent story based on an incredibly popular character and offers an A/C seat with a minimal wait time.

Besides, it isn't a big area and would only be replaced by something similar, and given that there are more serious issues on site that need resolving on attractions that have seen their better days gone by, SGE won't be a priority right now.

righttrack

Lilo and Stich was a cute movie that kids like. Those kids, the ones that saw it in theaters, are now in their teens to early 20s. To put things in perspective, they need a Frozen ride ASAP, but Stitch has value still. I imagine they'll replace it some day, but the ride system itself doesn't lend itself to just anything. It's going to have to be something very creative to fill that spot, given the space and how it is now used. I imagine the opportunities to retheme this, all the way from "Flight to the Moon", are few and far between.

lazyboy97o

There was once a time when Disney didn't think the Magic Kingdom should be an over glorified playground for toddlers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom