Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

britain

Very quickly here....

TRON Lightcycle ride is a real ride concept with real artwork and real blueprints and real intent to build. It is based off of a Vekoma ride system and actually the ride profile is a Vekoma designed. The ride is also rather short, barely more than a minute in length (it is a launched coaster).

Jumping in front of this and saying "YES I KNOW IT WILL BE BUILT lolz" is just inviting Disney to come in and change their minds, but there are very real TRON and SW Vekoma rides that are being explored.

What Jim Hill is talking about is most certainly different than the ride that has been discussed here. That being said, WDI can have more than one idea at a time.

Much obliged!

doctornick

Wow, that would have to be one hell of a minute to make for a satisfying E-ticket ride.

Rock 'N Rollercoaster is 1:22 in ride length. Probably would be a similar type of experience.

That said, it is a good argument against having a short, fast, launched coaster in the Star Wars land. I would think a more family style coaster with a longer ride time (in the vein of BTM) would be a better fit for DHS, to offer some different ride options within the park.

Fairybuzz

Personally I think DHS Is actually moving in a right direction. From what I read they promise an interactive "streetmosphere" in the star wars land and an all encompassing interactive expirience. That sounds a lot more like the disney I know where you never know what you'll find just here and there.

I don't have personal connections to the current restaurants I think the only restaurant I ever ate at in DHS is that little place at the end of the Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground, with tables that look like the side of the backlot tour vehicles (I'm sorry I can't remember what it was called the comissary? something?), and pizza planet once (But I was disappointed that It looked nothing like the one in the film). I love the Cantina scene in Star Wars and I've even reflected it in my own sci fi writing. I liked Indy but its an acceptable loss same with the backlot tour (which has stunk since Motors came) and motors itself, well I guess it was too much of a "guy's show" for me to really get into. New York street, err sorry Streets Of America, looks really old fashioned and falling apart. Muppets I'll miss though but maybe they'll make a new muppets thing because of the movie.

Although I didn't care much for the Cars movies (dodges tomatoes and stale churros) I do think they did a good job in DCA. They created a nice atmosphere that looks like it came directly from the movie. In fact they essentially built a modern town inside the park. The theming of both these lands will mold in great with the park as it features similar architecture and colors.

This has the potential to be a really good park after this.

twebber55

i actually like 50's, mama melrose, and sci fi so i hope two of those are left...im sure cozy cone from cars land will be a big hit if it comes

doctornick

i actually like 50's, mama melrose, and sci fi so i hope two of those are left...im sure cozy cone from cars land will be a big hit if it comes

The food at Mama Melrose is fine, but there's so many Italian places on property that I don't think it would be a big loss. I think 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi however are cool experiences and should be kept.

I always thought they'd just convert Backlot Express to Mos Eisley cantina, but I was wondering if there might be an issue with it currently being a quick serve and potentially making the cantina a sit down. I think it would be fine, but I guess that might be the motivation to putting Mos Eisley in the Mama Melrose space or building a new restaurant anew.

I'm still hoping that Pizza Planet get moved to the Studio Catering Co location and actually gets built to look like a real Pizza Planet (including the games).

Fairybuzz

Well I didn't mean to say I hated them Its just that I never been to them. I remember seeing pictures of them in brochures and souvenier books I thought the Sci Fi Drive in looked really cool and probably would have loved it but I cant say ill miss something I don't know from! :p

Oh! I just remembered they had an Aladdin breakfast there when I was young that was very magical. A corner of the room had a lamp that when you rubbed it smoke would come out (some kind of projection not real smoke, it looked like the Genie's tail) The think where you pour the cream was also shaped like the lamp. They may have been something shaped like Jafar's lamp but I don't remember. (that was back when I was young enough to wear my princess costumes to the park I got to "kiss" aladdin as jasmine :p)

The food at Mama Melrose is fine, but there's so many Italian places on property that I don't think it would be a big loss. I think 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi however are cool experiences and should be kept.

I always thought they'd just convert Backlot Express to Mos Eisley cantina, but I was wondering if there might be an issue with it currently being a quick serve and potentially making the cantina a sit down. I think it would be fine, but I guess that might be the motivation to putting Mos Eisley in the Mama Melrose space or building a new restaurant anew.

I'm still hoping that Pizza Planet get moved to the Studio Catering Co location and actually gets built to look like a real Pizza Planet (including the games).
Yeah that Pizza planet reallly disappointed me. I expected to see a big saturn shaped thing complete with the robot gurads and the whack a alien the ship blasting thing and claw machines resembling rockets and filled with specially made squeezy aliens yet what I found was a weird redressed building filled with mediocre pizza, and the same arcade games you can see at chuck e cheese (or six flags lol). I did like Buzz Lightear toy in the pizza planet truck buckled in though.

Captain Neo

A warped minority who may think that need their bumps feeling. Having said that, there are fanbois who say the Mine Train will be an E as well...

What the kids need to admit is Comcast is investing in parks that will continue to grow and become significant parts of the industry.

This guy on another forum said that I didn't know what I was talking about and that the Mine Train was going to be "like Splash Mountain level". I've given up complaining because nobody is listening and everyone is in denials. I'll just sit back and keep giving Universal my money.

pheneix

Original Poster
So I want to send this questionnaire to the presidents of WDW and UO on Monday morning:

1.) Did your movie studio release a hit animated movie recently?

2.) Does your theme park have a relevant and popular attraction based on said hit animated movie?

3.) Did that same theme park already add two new additions that were uncontested home runs in the same year as your hit animated movie which also already has an existing and popular attraction based on that very same hit movie?

Maybe just to maintain a neutral data set, I'll send DLR a copy too.

Captain Neo

So I want to send this questionnaire to the presidents of WDW and UO on Monday morning:

2.) Does your theme park have a relevant and popular attraction based on said hit animated movie?

3.) Did that same theme park already add two new additions that were uncontested home runs in the same year as your hit animated movie which also already has an existing and popular attraction based on that very same hit movie?

What are you getting at here? I don't want to see any more rides based on animated movies. I've had my fill of that crap.

Wikkler

SEAS needs to raise cash and I am sad to inform it seems like a matter of when and not if the Busch Gardens parks in VA are going to be sold.

FL.... I am not so sure.

I live across the state and when the new property opens, we'll check it out.

AndyMagic

What are you getting at here? I don't want to see any more rides based on animated movies. I've had my fill of that crap.

I'm assuming he's drawing a comparison between Universal's Despicable Me 2 and Disney's Monsters University since they are both performing well at the box office and have attractions both open and under development at the resorts.

Pixiedustmaker

Disney and Pixar have released quite a few animated films, sometimes they get two hits a year. Your "questionnaire" doesn't make sense as . . . why would a theme park have a popular attraction on "said" hit movie that was just released? I won't even try to figure out what #3 is about. Would the goal be to annoy somebody with this questionnaire? It sounds kinda angry . . .

Since there won't be an announcement of anything happening at DHS, it is amazing that this thread is still going!

Pixiedustmaker

I'm assuming he's drawing a comparison between Universal's Despicable Me 2 and Disney's Monsters University since they are both performing well at the box office and have attractions both open and under development at the resorts.

The Monsters Inc. ride in DCA . . . often has no waits. I like the queue better than the ride.

Will Monsters U outdo Monsters Inc? Monsters Inc. is the #5 Pixar film, for now, but I'm glad they went with Cars for Carsland over Monsters Inc. Though there are monster references, the world of Monsters Inc. seems kinda ordinary to me.

Just because ride concepts have been looked at, doesn't mean that full-time development is currently being ramped up for a ride.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Since there won't be an announcement of anything happening at DHS, it is amazing that this thread is still going!

When did you hear there wasn't going to be an announcement?

And if you're unhappy with this thread still being open, you can always complain to the moderators. And if they're unresponsive, well, you have other options.....

cyanaye

Why so much with Cars? Pixar has so many movies, i swear Cars was made as an easy merchandise product. Is it really that popular to have both Cars Land in Cali and a Cars Dark ride in Florida? Why not something related to Up or Wall E or another pixar movie? I would say Monsters or Nemo but both have some attractions or shows.

Also very sad to see that Sci Fi Dine In could be gone especially since ive eaten there every time i've visited. Such a cool place to have dinner or lunch at.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why so much with Cars? Pixar has so many movies, i swear Cars was made as an easy merchandise product. Is it really that popular to have both Cars Land in Cali and a Cars Dark ride in Florida? Why not something related to Up or Wall E or another pixar movie? I would say Monsters or Nemo but both have some attractions or shows.

Also very sad to see that Sci Fi Dine In could be gone especially since ive eaten there every time i've visited. Such a cool place to have dinner or lunch at.

It's all about merchandising, Cars is Pixar's most profitable franchise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom