Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not unhappy, more just perplexed, a newbie to this board might get a little excited about a DHS announcement at D23 in a couple weeks, not realizing that the rumors were wrong.

Not many around here saying any announcement would come through D23.

And claiming to post on behalf of the "newbie" doesn't hold much water either.....

Pixiedustmaker

Not many around here saying any announcement would come through D23.

And claiming to post on behalf of the "newbie" doesn't hold much water either.....

??? I'm not posting on behalf of a newbie, just saying that people unfamiliar with this rumor board might think that something is in the works for DHS.

The insiders said that a major DHS overall would be announced at D23, they said it was leaked by malcontent forces inside of Disney that hate the D23 people . . .

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
??? I'm not posting on behalf of a newbie, just saying that people unfamiliar with this rumor board might think that something is in the works for DHS.

The insiders said that a major DHS overall would be announced at D23, they said it was leaked by malcontent forces inside of Disney that hate the D23 people . . .
If you hate this thread so much, then why do you keep bumping it?

Report it to the moderators (who will laugh at you) if it bothers you so much.

Pixiedustmaker

If you hate this thread so much, then why do you keep bumping it?

I don't "hate" this thread, just think its kinda odd, and interesting how though the DHS overhaul/D23 rumor seems to be debunked, it lives on. Misleading thread title, but not sure if that is a violation of the board's rules.

It's like a Twilight Zone episode . . . a little surreal.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Actually the insiders said that there may be an announcement because of D23, not at the event itself.

And crying Argentina because a newbie may get confused about this one little thread is absurd, as you're well aware. Just a feeble attempt to derail it, or see it closed....

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Actually the insiders said that there may be an announcement because of D23, not at the event itself.

And crying Argentina because a newbie may get confused about this one little thread is absurd, as you're well aware. Just a feeble attempt to derail it, or see it closed....

My farts as a result of the baked beans I ate can come up with the same numbers this summer forum dweller is providing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't "hate" this thread, just think its kinda odd, and interesting how though the DHS overhaul/D23 rumor seems to be debunked, it lives on. Misleading thread title, but not sure if that is a violation of the board's rules.

It's like a Twilight Zone episode . . . a little surreal.

There is a good bit of doubt about an announcement at D23, but everyone in the know is still saying that a DHS overhaul of some sort is on the way, so discussion of what might be in the overhaul is totally valid.

doctornick

It's all about merchandising, Cars is Pixar's most profitable franchise.

Certainly true. It certainly speaks for a reason to have some Cars themed attraction in DHS (or WDW in general). I still don't think that a full Cars Land is a great idea given how other Pixar properties could be used. Why not just have the supposed Cars dark ride + merchandise +/- a restaurant (Flo's?) and some M&G with the mobile characters? That would still allow plenty of space to incorporate other IP like Monsters, Incredibles, Up, whatever.

I'm not arguing against Cars being in DHS, since it's a no brainer. But wouldn't one large merchandise location help sell stuff as much as a full blown Cars Land? I guess I'm just skeptical that a DHS Cars Land will be as good as the one in DCA and would end up looking like a cheap knock off. At which point, it would be better to just have some different stuff for brand differentiation and novelty.

Lee

Adventurer
I don't "hate" this thread, just think its kinda odd, and interesting how though the DHS overhaul/D23 rumor seems to be debunked, it lives on.
Nothing has been debunked at all.

There are major projects for DHS working their way through the approval process. That is not a rumor...that is a fact. (At least for those of us who know what we're talking about.)

I, among others, never said that it would all come out at D23. The timing of the announcement has never been clear. I said that the initial leak was from someone who wanted to spoil a potential big splash for D23. Since the initial leak, I have confirmed with multiple people that the basic facts are true. Now it's just a matter of time, both for the scope of the project to be decided and for the timing of the announcement(s) to be decided upon.

Pixiedustmaker

Nothing has been debunked at all.

There are major projects for DHS working their way through the approval process. That is not a rumor...that is a fact. (At least for those of us who know what we're talking about.)

I, among others, never said that it would all come out at D23. The timing of the announcement has never been clear. I said that the initial leak was from someone who wanted to spoil a potential big splash for D23. Since the initial leak, I have confirmed with multiple people that the basic facts are true. Now it's just a matter of time, both for the scope of the project to be decided and for the timing of the announcement(s) to be decided upon.

It takes a long time to put together a D23 convention . . . the parks and rec arena presentation wasn't dropped weeks ago, it was out of the mix at least half a year ago. Meaning, that the "leaker" who said there would be a big DHS announcement at D23 was doing something malicious against Disney, to get fans hopes up and then crush them against the rocks of despair, so to say.

That seems to be more of a criticism against Disney regarding hardcore fans' wishes to demolish/rebuild DHS.

For whatever reason, the original "leaker" made up a bogus story as no announcement is coming at D23.

I'm sure WDI would honestly say, if they could, that they have dozens and dozens of plans for DHS, and for every other attraction/park, in various stages of development just in case somebody asks them to do something.

But, major additions to parks in WDW are basically top down. Witness Avatarland, a deal made at the highest levels. DHS's park president can't start some sort of application, "approval" process to get a grant from the company for $1 billion, or even $300 million, to work on DHS. Burbank reviews the attendance numbers and all the info and makes the decisions.

Lee

Adventurer
As often seems to happen....you are missing the point. Forget D23.

I don't know who the original leaker was. I don't know if, or how well, he is connected to D23.
Whether or not there was ever going to be a parks announcement at D23 (and I'm not counting it out 100%, in some form...) is immaterial.

What I do know, is that there are major plans moving through the process for DHS, and has been for months. This information comes from people I trust on the west coast. Glendale. Burbank. It was obtained completely independent of the rumors posted here.

Nothing to do with DHS management looking for a "grant" (no idea what that even means in this context) and it isn't some random Imagineer being cute with semantics.

Feel free to be skeptical, that's your prerogative. But, please refrain from any insinuations that myself and others are intentionally posting false information on these boards. That isn't the case now, and isn't ever.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I don't know who the original leaker was. I don't know if, or how well, he is connected to D23.
Whether or not there was ever going to be a parks announcement at D23 (and I'm not counting it out 100%, in some form...) is immaterial.

What I do know, is that there are major plans moving through the process for DHS, and has been for months. This information comes from people I trust on the west coast. Glendale. Burbank. It was obtained completely independent of the rumors posted here.

Nothing to do with DHS management looking for a "grant" (no idea what that even means in this context) and it isn't some random Imagineer being cute with semantics.

Feel free to be skeptical, that's your prerogative. But, please refrain from any insinuations that myself and others are intentionally posting false information on these boards. That isn't the case now, and isn't ever.

Come, come now Sir, don't you realize you and the others are simply here to confound and frustrate the new members? A mass conspiracy, it is....

Pixiedustmaker

I was pretty sure that nothing major would be announced at D23. Not at all surprised that this is the case.

Ultimately, it is Bob Iger who would OK anything on the scale of a Carsland at DHS (which seems highly unlikely for logistical reasons), in discussion with the money men and the other higher ups. Hence, Disney has a corporate hierarchy. There is "approval process". Disney is not a bottom-up organization, it is top down. If Iger/the brass want to invest in DHS, after listening to presentations on where WDW is, and where it would like to go, then he'd probably come up with a target budget, in consultation with the financial folks. He's been to Carsland at DHS, is very familiar with it, and probably has opinions about a Carsland at WDW, based in part on the specifics of WDW's climate/customer base, etc. . .

Of course, the brass could tell WDI that they want to do something at DHS, and they'd task WDI to come up with a number of proposals. Even if WDI is working on a DHS-specific project, or a couple of them for presentation, the brass might decide that they want to invest the cash in something else.

Nonetheless, Iger has made clear his short-term intentions regarding WDW . . . Avatarland. Being a top-down corporation (what corporation isn't?), he tasked WDI to work with Cameron and come up with an Avatarland.

Given that Iger is gone in 2016, I doubt that construction on another major project at WDW will commence before he is gone.

I never said anything about false info being intentionally posted. Certainly, the rumors (which some felt was a fact) that there would be a major DHS decision at D23 were false. Rumors are just that, rumors, and until time you see a bulldozer, they'll remain rumors.

Feel free to be skeptical, that's your prerogative.

There's a lot of reason to doubt that DHS would get a Carsland, practical, logistical, fiscal . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom