Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Figments Friend

Yea, I hate to see it go. Over the years I've had a fun time letting newbie's get on the tram ahead of me in a very gracious and considerate manner. Then, of course, I would have a bit of a chuckle when the water came pouring down and getting those closest to the left side a bit of a spray. Course I would immediately go from a saint to evil...but what to heck, it was funny.:D One time I did that, the row in front and in back of us heard what was going on and played along. No one said a word. After the water came down and the kids had gotten happily wet, they all started speaking up. Some told me how slick I had done that and thought it was great.

I often wonder due to the years of very little emphasis on the backlot tour, how many people have never seen it or know CC even exists. It was pretty impressive in the beginning, but, an attraction never mentioned much. Most of the emphasis, or I should say what there was of it, was placed on the Back-lot tour. Catastrophe Canyon was meant to be a surprise. Even in the beginning the tour itself, which was much larger then, was a by chance encounter.

Agree....CC was great back in the day. Actually, the Studios as a whole was great back in the day...back when it was a 'real Studio'!
The Backlot Tour used to be very interesting, and CC was a cool addition.

You are right about a lot Guests today probably have no clue about that experience....getting to experience CC.
It will be interesting to see what becomes of it.

muteki

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner, the Star Wars E-ticket is probably going to be the best ride ever, but the cars ride is most likely going to be an EPIC FAIL! But ya know, we have a Pixar land, why not use it.

Instead of RSR we will get the Heimlich Chew Chew Train with a Cars overlay :p.

WDW95

My uncle who works for an Orlando based construction company said he was contracted by Disney to work on a major project for Hollywood Studios. I asked him if he could tell me any of the details but he said he was contractually forbidden for revealing what exactly the project was. However I asked him if it was Star Wars and/or Cars projects and he said "you shouldn't be expecting them."

menamechris

My uncle who works for an Orlando based construction company said he was contracted by Disney to work on a major project for Hollywood Studios. I asked him if he could tell me any of the details but he said he was contractually forbidden for revealing what exactly the project was. However I asked him if it was Star Wars and/or Cars projects and he said "you shouldn't be expecting them."

I heard something similar this past weekend from a friend who works in corporate. Usually when he knows something and can't say anything - I get a smile and a wink. But when I asked about these projects, I got a flat "no."

This will be a very interesting expo. Expectations are extremely high. I think if Disney doesn't have something incredible to present - given all of the rumors, anticipation, and fan desire for something new and exciting - I think Disney can start to kiss their fanbase goodbye. People simply can't be passionate about something they are disappointed with on a continual basis. If Disney really doesn't have anything to pull out of the hat this August, it would be wise to make that clear to the fanbase now.

Doctor Seeker

My 3 year old would be happy. He loves the Heimlich ride, for some insane reason.
Well your 3 year old would probably be 8 or 9 by the time the ride would be completed (or 13 or 14 considering recent Disney construction timeliness). At that age, I'm pretty sure the Chew Chew Train has lost the charm mostly only toddlers can appreciate.

spacemt354

Chili's
I mean, if he's contractually forbidden to say what the projects are, then why would he answer in the affirmative to Star Wars or Carsland?

I just hope for something at DHS. I'd actually prefer it to be something that shocks everyone, and goes against all the rumors that we have heard (as long as the project is substantial)

But I'd also be happy with Star Wars and Carsland, or a variation of both. We'll have to wait and see.

WDWDad13

I heard something similar this past weekend from a friend who works in corporate. Usually when he knows something and can't say anything - I get a smile and a wink. But when I asked about these projects, I got a flat "no."

This will be a very interesting expo. Expectations are extremely high. I think if Disney doesn't have something incredible to present - given all of the rumors, anticipation, and fan desire for something new and exciting - I think Disney can start to kiss their fanbase goodbye. People simply can't be passionate about something they are disappointed with on a continual basis. If Disney really doesn't have anything to pull out of the hat this August, it would be wise to make that clear to the fanbase now.

boy I agree... talk about a backlash or negative feedback if D23 doesn't have some BIG announcements to make. Every time we get our hopes up it seems like it's nothing...and then out of the blue comes something like Disney Springs so who knows what will happen.

devoy1701

boy I agree... talk about a backlash or negative feedback if D23 doesn't have some BIG announcements to make. Every time we get our hopes up it seems like it's nothing...and then out of the blue comes something like Disney Springs so who knows what will happen.

We're going on what? 4 years strong now of no big news at the Expo?

WDW95

I mean, if he's contractually forbidden to say what the projects are, then why would he answer in the affirmative to Star Wars or Carsland?

I just hope for something at DHS. I'd actually prefer it to be something that shocks everyone, and goes against all the rumors that we have heard (as long as the project is substantial)

But I'd also be happy with Star Wars and Carsland, or a variation of both. We'll have to wait and see.

It is not as if he told what what exactly the project is so he did not break his contract.

In all seriousness, where did the Star Wars and Carsland rumors even come from in the first place? Carsland because they brought over one of the Imagineers over from it (who now is working on Disney Springs) and because it was such a success? Star Wars because everyone thinks its the only franchise that people think could combat Potter? Something is coming to DHS but everyone's expectations are way too high and way to unrealistic with any solid evidence that either Star Wars or Cars are coming.

FrankLapidus

It is not as if he told what what exactly the project is so he did not break his contract.

In all seriousness, where did the Star Wars and Carsland rumors even come from in the first place? Carsland because they brought over one of the Imagineers over from it (who now is working on Disney Springs) and because it was such a success? Star Wars because everyone thinks its the only franchise that people think could combat Potter? Something is coming to DHS but everyone's expectations are way too high and way to unrealistic with any solid evidence that either Star Wars or Cars are coming.

The Carsland rumours really began to gather pace on this forum through information provided by a proven credible source in whylightbulb. Further information, including the recent news of a possible Star Wars expansion, has come from similarly credible sources such as WDW74, Lee, Marni and others. They have proven their credibility in the past, it is up to you whether or not you believe the accuracy of the information they are providing now.

pheneix

Original Poster

Star Wars is going to be Disney's biggest IP in five years. Whether or not it is considered the best thing to combat Harry Potter with in the theme park wars is largely irrelevant. Star Wars is now the largest product Disney has to push and it will be a substantial presence in their parks in 2018. Substantial.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
The Carsland rumours really began to gather pace on this forum through information provided by a proven credible source in whylightbulb. Further information, including the recent news of a possible Star Wars expansion, has come from similarly credible sources such as WDW74, Lee, Marni and others. They have proven their credibility in the past, it is up to you whether or not you believe the accuracy of the information they are providing now.

^This. I think it's pretty certain that both of these projects are in the works in some form or another - at least right now. If I've read correctly, it seems that the specifics of each project are what is not certain. Either way, it sounds like the DHS rework is still in the early development and design phase, so I would think it unlikely a contractor has even been chosen for any related work at this point, unless we're talking engineering, etc. I'll take the word of our insiders, but will wait until I see ground breaking to get excited.

ChevisMickey

That is relatively far from the WDW resort. It's not convenient, especially when the Anaheim one is literally right across the street from Disneyland.

The Contemporary has a convention center. Is it too small for these purposes? I've never been in either.

asianway

exactly... and therefore I've always wondered what the value is in being a D23 member, especially when ALL of the big conferences are in Cali and never in Florida - last I checked Orlando has a nice convention center
Disney is never going to promote an event that size which requires you to leave property, Period.

For those who continue to dream its going to happen, plan a trip to CA, see what you're missing.

The Contemporary has a convention center. Is it too small for these purposes? I've never been in either.

I think between The Contemporary, GF, & Coranado & any other hotel with convention space, I'm sure WDW could host.

The movers & shakers are all in SoCal, and I'm sure some don't want to be in Orlando in the summer.

Yensid1974

Orlando CC is to far away to be of any real ease of use. I am not sure that any of the on property facilities would be of large enough size to work either. Couple that with having to bring all the hollywood stars out here for the tv/film presentations and it become almost to much trouble when they can do it in Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom