Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

SirLink

Star Wars is going to be Disney's biggest IP in five years. Whether or not it is considered the best thing to combat Harry Potter with in the theme park wars is largely irrelevant. Star Wars is now the largest product Disney has to push and it will be a substantial presence in their parks in 2018. Substantial.

Each park is supposed to get a Star Wars component right?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Likely much more accurate, but also not an impressive statement since the only current resort that doesn't have Star Tours is Hong Kong Disneyland.

Good point. I assume he meant something new for Star Wars at each park/resort. But who knows. I'm not confident there will be any new Star Wars stuff at any resort.

ToTBellHop

Good point. I assume he meant something new for Star Wars at each park/resort. But who knows. I'm not confident there will be any new Star Wars stuff at any resort.
You can be confident that there will be new Star Wars themed environments...but I imagine they will be less aggressive with these additions than we've been led to believe, starting with some quick and easy updates to current facilities.

Ignohippo

You can be confident that there will be new Star Wars themed environments...but I imagine they will be less aggressive with these additions than we've been led to believe, starting with some quick and easy updates to current facilities.

This, but those modest new offerings (cantina restaurant, new destinations in Star Tours) may just be to placate the fanbase while other, more substantial expansions are in development/construction.

ToTBellHop

This, but those modest new offerings (cantina restaurant, new destinations in Star Tours) may just be to placate the fanbase while other, more substantial expansions are in development/construction.
Very likely the case. I just don't think it's realistic for a Star Wars E-Ticket to miraculously appear by 2017. They only just bought Star Wars, so I doubt any project is that far along in development. A restaurant remodel could easily be developed and open within a couple years, on the other hand.

Pixar E-Tickets, on the other hand, are good to go...when approved. They are our most likely attractions at DHS in the near term (which for Disney is the next 3-5 years).

ToTBellHop

That's assuming they've never had any other plans for Star Wars before they bought them, something I don't believe.

Remember, New Fantasyland was a plan from 1999, originally.
I'm sure there were plans, but I doubt anything was developed to the level of commencing construction imminently.

We can, however, hope for a scene soon that looks like this one I found on my Facebook from '07:
104_503653108249_7629_n.jpg

Ignohippo

That's assuming they've never had any other plans for Star Wars before they bought them, something I don't believe.

Remember, New Fantasyland was a plan from 1999, originally.

I'm sure they've had plans, but probably nothing more than blue sky. I would think it would take a while to get them to the design phase. Besides, with LucasFilm and Lucas' involvement now, I'm sure they'd be getting much more input from a different perspective.

This image is from DisneyAndMore that shows an old concept:
starwarsland.jpg~original

It's from Disneyland Paris and shows Space Mountain as the Death Star and a Millennium Falcon walkthrough (that should be mandatory for ANY plans for a SW land).

I and @lazyboy97o agree that Marvel was a risk. I think it's a risk that is paying off. He seems to disagree on that bit.
I agree to, Marvel and Lucasfilm (even Pixar) have box office records and sell merch extremely well, so every one does extremely well, therefore creating purpose of being represented in parks, but Florida has 0 chance of Marvel because of IOA (which is great on its own).

RSoxNo1

It's mostly because RSR is a surefire hit, while a dark ride could be just a stripped down version of RSR without the racing parts. I'd say that's bad...
This is the short sightedness that leads to clones. You want RSR because you know what RSR is. Personally, I want the Imagineers to show us something we haven't seen before. Radiator Springs Racers would be a great addition, but built 5-6 years after the original won't have the same impact.

asianway

It's not even close. The contemporary has 115K sq feet of convention facilities. The Anaheim Convention Center has 1.6 million sq feet
People continue to hold out hope for an expo in Orlando as though continually posting the same thing over and over will somehow get a D23 CM monitoring these boards to say, "Oh yeah, why didnt we think of that!". Why are people so afraid of visiting another resort?

RSoxNo1

People continue to hold out hope for an expo in Orlando as though continually posting the same thing over and over will somehow get a D23 CM monitoring these boards to say, "Oh yeah, why didnt we think of that!". Why are people so afraid of visiting another resort?
They're afraid they'll be exposed to something better. When you have your head in the sand you can remain blissfully ignorant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom