Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

GLaDOS

The Contemporary has a convention center. Is it too small for these purposes? I've never been in either.

WAY too small. Theoretically I guess they could use all the convention space across property to host different events, but it wouldn't be a centralized event.

Orlando CC is to far away to be of any real ease of use. I am not sure that any of the on property facilities would be of large enough size to work either. Couple that with having to bring all the hollywood stars out here for the tv/film presentations and it become almost to much trouble when they can do it in Anaheim.

I agree with all your points. The Orange County Convention Center is probably 5-6 miles from WDW property, and Disney would never want people leaving the property. But I'm imagining what could have been if we had one of those mass transit options in place.

WDWDad13

That's an extra expense D23 can't afford.
Disney busses? Plus if you have a DISNEY convention in Orlando, expect to have some payback with them visiting the parks and/or staying at resorts

not to mention possible new membership (like me) lol

GLaDOS

Disney busses? Plus if you have a DISNEY convention in Orlando, expect to have some payback with them visiting the parks and/or staying at resorts

I don't think you understand how D23 works. They have to fight tooth and nail to get any traction within Disney. They have very little resources at their disposal. There's very little chance they'd have access to use some of the WDW bus fleet for that.

I don't think you understand how D23 works. They have to fight tooth and nail to get any traction within Disney. They have very little resources at their disposal. There's very little chance they'd have access to use some of the WDW bus fleet for that.

I don't think they'd need access to them. The buses, boats & monorails are all there for that purpose anyway.

GLaDOS

No kidding. People are so afraid of getting on a plane to go somewhere else than Orlando or missing out on getting their Stacy fix its scary...

People won't even go to Universal or SeaWorld in Orlando. They can't be expected to go all the way to the other coast! ;)

tissandtully

Nah, they don't want the fanbois seeing that there's actually new stuff next door to the Orlando CC at SW.

Goofyernmost

I agree with all your points. The Orange County Convention Center is probably 5-6 miles from WDW property, and Disney would never want people leaving the property. But I'm imagining what could have been if we had one of those mass transit options in place.
I think in Cali they can pretty much expect participants to stay in Disney Hotels or at the very least spend large amounts of money there. In Orlando there is a better than even chance that they will stay offsite due to the logistics and really have no logical reason/need to ever go on site.

I don't mind the rocks. The most unattractive part of Magic Kingdom definitely has to be the Tomorrowland Speedway or the tent theming in Fantasyland.
Me neither, although I understand Jenniffer5's point of view, because I sometimes (mostly every time) see people saying how ugly they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom